All parent member reviews for Battle of the Year

Parent Written byRuthLange September 24, 2013

Boring but harmless

For me as an adult this movie was incredibly heavy-handed on the cliches, boring and badly made. The kids loved it though. I took a 9-year-old, who's really into break-dancing, and two 11-year-olds. If you don't mind hearing the odd "sh*t" and "*ss" this movie is just fine for that age group. The coach's drinking problem is barely noticeable to kids - it's restricted to him taking the occasional swig out of a nondescript flask when he's home alone. He never acts drunk or rowdy, and is never seen drinking in bars. I honestly think my 9-year-old probably didn't even realize he was supposed to be an alcoholic. The sexual innuendo was very minimal. There is one woman in the movie and she is treated as one of the gang (after a couple of little jokes at the beginning).
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 16, 2013

13 and up.

this dance drama movie battle of the year is an average movie stars with chris brown this movie is good enough for your older teens and parents battle of the year has some mild violence like fist fights there's some mild language used and some drinking used this movie has a positive message about Teamwork, above all, prevails and check your ego at the door the role model is that although Coach Blake is an alcoholic, he's trying to stop drinking while putting the team together. Almost everyone on the crew is well-intentioned and determined, though some are arrogant and aggressive. They're weeded out pretty quickly.