Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Beautiful

Beautiful is just bad, sadly. Where's the plot?

Based on 1 review
Adult Written bywonder dove January 10, 2013

Cute flick!

Okay! This film may be cheesy, but it is a guilty pleasure! After seeing it on TV many years ago, I wanted it ever since. Now that I'm older, it's far too silly for my liking so it's something I would recommend for tweens because they seem to really enjoy it and it has some really good messages about being yourself. Mona as a child has always wanted to win beauty pageants...but she's not pretty enough with bad teeth, crazy hair and a funny sense of style. Her mother is fed up with her and doesn't support her dreams at all. Mona saves her money and attends beauty lessons and gets braces. When she meets her new best friend at school named Ruby, they are like glue, inseparable and do everything together. Mona turns into a beautiful adult, gets pregnant and realizes she can't participate in pageants if she has a kid - so Ruby takes over as mom. Mona and her daughter do not have a good relationship. Soon, Ruby has a problem with the law and is taken away while Mona must juggle taking care of her own child and taking on more responsibilities. Just when she is about to win the pageant of her life, Mona realizes how much she loves her daughter and confesses on stage to everyone who she is and why she lied. Great little movie but language is an issue...lots of name calling even by a small child and some cussing. Not much violence at all - an old woman overdoses on pills to commit suicide. Sexual content includes a reference to molestation, Mona is wild and goes with any guy, a pregnancy, some brief talk about men, a joke or two. Some drinking. This story does have good messages though and is inspirational to kids who have dreams. Worth a look!!

Adult Written byprmamii678 January 19, 2009

man i wanna watch it.

i love this moie so much. its so funny,.