All parent member reviews for Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byitaleigh December 22, 2012

"It's hell when someone's always there," ...really? In a movie for kids?

If I had previewed this film, I would not have showed it to my 6 and 3 year old. The 3 year old alternated between scared and bored, and the six year old had a look of concern on her face through most of the movie. The movie is dark and not what one thinks of when looking for a Christmas movie for kids. And most the lyrics for "Don't Fall In Love," where a bit much for a movie for kids. I don't get it the rationale.
Adult Written byJanelleam December 30, 2013

"A bit dark" is a huge understatement. NOT for preschoolers.

"A bit dark" is a huge understatement. Much of the movie was the very creepy, scary and evil organ talking with the nasty and ill-tempered Beast. Even the parts with Belle are filled with either the Beast yelling at her or near death experiences. On top of all of this, they organ says things along the lines of "being in love is hell," "they can't fall in love if they're dead" (as he tries to kill them) and tries to persuade the Beast to turn himself into a Beast forever in a scene that is very reminiscent bullying people into suicide. Terrible movie for kids under 8, and not really good even if they are older.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byhbs78910 November 15, 2013

More scary than merry

This movie was not at all what we bargained for. My 3 year old started crying in the middle of it and she loves Beauty and the Beast (even though it has some scary parts). We ended up fast forwarding a lot. There is a VERY scary organ who makes the movie seem more like a Halloween flick than a Christmas one.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 30, 2012

Too dark.

Really it creeped me out. I don't like that freaky piano. He scares me. Gaston wasn't half as scary and was also twice as charming (seriously!) Also, he says the word "hell" during a song. This midquel also doesn't fit very well into the original's storyline. Seeing Belle go to the Black Forest to get a Christmas tree and get trapped on an ice floe, then rescued by Beast only to have him imprison her again for defying him was not necessary and scary. It also was too much like a similar scence in the original (which means it feels like a rehash). Like Cars 2 this is a 3.5/10 for me. I'm not surprised it has a rare 0% at Rotten Tomatoes. It has no real reason to exist.
Parent Written byAliceAB November 12, 2012

Very negative...not for kids!

Very negative. NOT for kids! Our two grandkids (3 and 5) had nightmares three days after watching this movie with us. I was so disturbed, I finally took the small one out and read her a much nicer story.