Kid reviews for Becoming Jane

Becoming Jane Poster Image

Good Message about Love

I think that this movie had some good messages about love. Jane did not want to ruin the man she truly did love. There is an element of self sacrifice in here. When someone gives up something they want badly for the good of the beloved (I won't say whether they end up together or not), that is when you can see the true love vs. passion. The passionate lover only desires the beloved without a deeper self sacrificing love. The true lover loves the beloved so much that they are willing to sacrifice their own wants for that of their love. It was a charming period drama, but I don't know if it is an accurate telling of Jane Austen's life (I have never read a biography about her).

Movie about Jane Austen's life pushes the PG limit

I watched this when I was 12 and to be honest some of the scenes made me feel uncomfortable. My rating would be: PG-13 for Some sexual content including nudity and some brief violence

Good Movie

The movie was so good! It was pretty similar to Pride and Prejudice, but it was supposed to be Jave Austin’s inspiration for it. There were some minor sex scenes, but nothing too bad. The acting is really good and so is the plot--I highly recommend it. The ending wasn’t the happiest though.

I don't even know anymore.

I've seen many Jane Austen films, but since this was about Jane Austen herself it was a little different. Personally I don't think it was very accurate to history (but you'd have to Google that one) and the plot was just very frustrating at times. The relationship between our leads is strange. Jane gives little to no sign of liking Tom early on in the film, in fact she hates him! But then suddenly makes the switch and is in love with him. I'm unsure what kind of relationship this was supposed to be. It is a 2 hour long movie, surely they could've added a bit more of Jane's gradual development of feelings? As for what parents should know, this film is mostly clean. There is a scene at the beginning of Jane's parents apparently taking part in a sort of sexual behaviour, though it isn't shown. Sex in its many forms is alluded to multiple times, including one of the characters being shown disappearing into another character's room at night. There is also brief nudity, as two guys are shown going skinny dipping. As for violence, there is little, save for some fighting and brief sight of a bleeding nose. Language literally consists of "d*mn" and that's only once. Positive messages are few...I'm not too sure what to glean from this.

I don't get it

This movie is very confusing

An interesting film.

There wasn't much sexual content except for kissing and flirting, and a scene in bed with the two parents early in the film (nothing was seen, though). Two of the men go skinny-dipping, but you could only see their backside. Other than that, there weren't too many issues, other than some boxing scenes (which, in all honesty, weren't too terrible; Tom had a bloody lip after one of them, and it was a bit intense, but I didn't think they were THAT terrible) and one use of the word s--t, among other lesser crude words. The reason I indicated that it had positive messages was because I believe it made you think about where your priorities lie, and to consider family and other things when choosing to "run away" with the person you love. Though it did seem to follow along the lines of Pride and Prejudice (which the historian who wrote the book that inspired this movie seemed to believe is what inspired the novel), it was enjoyable. The movie wasn't spectacular, but it was pretty good; I was crying at the end, and needed several tissues to clean up the tears!

It wasn't too good.

It was pretty much the same as Pride and Predudice. It wasn't as happy and not too enjoyable. Many boxing scenes make it pretty violent with loads of blood. Two friends go skinny dipping and it pans over their pare butts. It had a bad ending, beause Jane's life wasn't the best, yet still had some exitment. I wouldn't see it again. Do not see it!