Parent reviews for Bee Movie

Seinfeld comedy is cute fun for the whole family.

Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhbs78910 May 15, 2015

Can't believe there is no "sexy stuff" in review

I really can't believe there is nothing in the official review under the "sexy stuff" category. So far this movie has used the phrases"shacking up", "she's hot" and "making out" and talked about lust. Yes, they are bees but it's still not the type of talk I want my kids repeating or hearing. The main be falls in love with a human who is portrayed in a picnic scene as rather provocative. I would think twice before allowing young kids to watch. It's not a quality movie anyway.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byMimiSue January 2, 2011

Not Bee Funny

Not very funny. The title is the funniest thing about the movie. Too much romance and flirtation between the bee and the woman, uncalled for. Also, very slow, movie seemed to drag on and on. I love Seinfeld and was disappointed.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion April 4, 2009

Not so good...

BEE MOVIE has an awesome premise, but it is very poorly executed. Renee Zellweger is good, but the film never really suceeds where it intends to. There is no sex in the movie at all, but surprisingly uncalled for innuendo. Drag queens are mentioned and shown, and bees talk of how a spiders' "eight legs kept me up all night". A lawyer questions the main bee character as to whether he is the human female's "bed bug". The same lady is seen as to live with an egotistical jerk. There are several intense scenes as well.

Adult Written byalikowski April 9, 2008

Why this is geared to little ones is beyond me!?

My daughter is 5 and I an elementary teacher. I am a very conscious of everything she's is exposed to. If something is not rated G, then I prescreen the DVD and use website research to decide if she views it. The innuendo and foremost the several times stated "making out" were completely unnecessary and inappropriate for a 5 year old. This movie was funny for me, but the lawsuit angle and the idea that the humans were stealing the honey was over my child's head. What does a 5 yr. old know of lawsuits? She won't see this movie!!
Adult Written bynimia July 3, 2015
Along with being too cheesy and moving too quickly, this movie also managed to work in 2 incest jokes within the first ten minutes, another incest joke in one of the court room scenes, and a "suicide pact" joke.

Parent Written bymark897 July 13, 2013

meh

For Seinfeld, I expect better. not good educational value, as dead flowers don't just perk up when pollinated, bees have more than 2 eyes, and he Barry would die under the pressure of the mattress he hides under

Educational Value
Adult Written bycasbug November 15, 2014

suicide pact?

it was a great movie up until two separate parts, I feel like there was a racial reference and then the other one was towards the end where things didn't go how the bee thought they would so he proceeded to suggest as suicide pact...as they have this rated R if it rolls I found this disturbing or for any child movie for that matter
Adult Written byeveryguy April 9, 2008

Fun but why are the parents always stupid

This was a pretty entertaining film that is appropriate for all ages for the most part. I have just one major beef: I am tired of kid’s films that portray parents as people who are too stupid to understand and support the aspirations of their kids. Yet again, in this movie, we see a youthful hero who aspires to something beyond the dull confines of a regular life fighting his stick-in-the-mud parents who want him to go out and get a real job. We know how it plays out. The kid ends up being right, the parent’s stupidity and terminal dullness gets exposed, and in the end the parents bow to their kid's miraculously acquired wisdom that became somehow superior to their years of real-life experience. I think it's all too common for kids today to take the notion that their parents don't have a clue about what's right for them as a default mode of thought. Perhaps this is because this idea pervades our media culture, including many apparently harmless movies like Bee Movie (and so many Disney animations) that appear to be sweet entertainment for kids, yet hide this essentially poisonous way of thought.
Adult Written byJEDI micah June 17, 2012

DreamWorks' worst movie!

When I went to see this movie with my family, we were hardly laughing because this movie is, without a doubt, DreamWorks worst movie! Even though it has great voice acting(Jerry Seinfeld, Matthew Broderick, John Goodman, Renee Zellweger, Chris Rock, and Patrick Warburton), it was still a terrible movie. I guess it's because DreamWorks wanted to make a movie that is meant for kids ages 4 and under, cause it felt like I was watching a baby movie! Anyway, don't waste your time watching this movie! Do you know what the "B" stands for in the title? BORING!!!

Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bybeckamax June 23, 2009

Good family movie with a good message that kids can relate to.

one scene that concerned me was when one Bee accuses the other of "making out"with his girlfriend.something I really don't want to expalin to my 3 and 4 year old. But other than that it was a really good movie and both girls sat through the whole thing and enjoyed it. The ,message that your actions have consequences was good too when all the bees quit working and all the flowers started to die was a good message of how everything works together for a purpose and my older daughter noticed this right away and asked questions about it. Good family movie. Go and ahead and watch it.

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bystevenlael April 9, 2008

Good movie, but may be scary for younger children

My 5 year old daughter generally enjoyed this and was able to follow the story pretty well and identify with Barry, the main character (which may help her get over her fear of bees). But she was frightened by some of the faster paced flying scenes and was very scared by the scenes in which people tried to swat and kill Barry -- to the point where we almost had to leave the theater. Perhaps not suitable for 5 years olds or small children sensitive to comical violence. Older children and adults will enjoy it.
Grandparent Written byJulia H. October 26, 2016

Dreamworks FAIL

I'm seriously disappointed with Dreamworks latest movie. "B" movie, indeed. Think Sharks Tale, then lower your expectations. Too many adult topics inserted into a children's movie, including a disturbing suicide pact reference, not to mention non stop sexual innuendo, color shaming, and countless adult themed references, delivered in what is supposed to be humor. Really? This is for kids? Don't waste your money or time. Just another "Humans Are Horrible" theme, with a weak plot, insipid and annoying dialogue, with plenty of cameos. Hardly worthy of Dreamworks other films.

Adult Written byAaron W. March 15, 2018

Please Bee-lieve this statement!!!!!!!!!

This movie is retarded to all kids. The bees are inappropriate according to their bee society. They make out with humans, they sting fat people, and they ruin human life. In real life, we wouldn't let a bee win in a court room!!!!!!!! Put parental lock on this movie, and forget the password!!!!! You'll thank me later.

Adult Written byis roblox minecraft December 8, 2017

too sexy for my children

one scene when the bee is going down on the wifes husband please keep on because it is really nice to look at because my children really enjoy it

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byMorganC 1 January 31, 2015

A little intense at times

I choose this movie because it was rated 0 for violence and scariness. My son isn't good with really physically intense scenes so I thought we would be a-okay. After watching, I think the rating should be a 1-2 for violence and scariness. There is a very tense scene during the first flight and another when the bee is almost killed. Just an FYI :)
Parent of a 4 year old Written byasiawall August 27, 2009

Too boring and romantic for little kids

This is an ok movie, my 4-year-old likes it, but she doesn't love it. There's too much romantic stuff going on, and several crude images, particularly in the montage at the end when everyone is being arrested for their theft of 'bee culture.' She also finds the long courtroom scenes boring.

Adult Written bysimon3 April 9, 2008

Had to leave!

Took my 6 year old daughter to see the movie and we left after 15 minutes. She has not seen many movies so the whole experience is someewhat new to her but the early scenes where Barry gets caught in the rain, swatted at, sucked through a car engine, etc. , were too much for her. I suspect that the (overly) loud soundtrack in the theater did not help. I also agree with a previous review that highlighted the difficulties with trailers. Often edited to "excite" they end up being much more intense and, personally, I was not prepared for "PG" level trailers. I understand that my daughter may be a little "movie sensitive" but wanted to air a note of concren if others read the inital review of "sweet and easy" suggested by the CS reviewer.
Adult Written bymomofatj June 24, 2018