Kid reviews for Beethoven

Beethoven Poster Image

Questionable Treatment of Animals

A kids movie, with the basis being an evil vet that gets found guilty of animal cruelty? There are scenes in the movie of the dog actors being violently dragged into cages and muzzled- all for our entertainment!! Imagine what these poor dogs were thinking in the filming of it, and the multiple takes that had to be taken, unacceptable!!!

Beethoven

I thought this movie was a little boring but a bit fun at the same time. If you like dogs or dog movies than I recommend this movie.

eh...

You'd think that this movie would be just a fun, slapstick movie about a big silly dog that gets into mischeif. But that's only part of the movie - the rest of it is about a cranky dad and an evil vet who wants to hurt Beethoven. I don't think this movie is appropriate to show to kids under 10. And even if you tried to fast forward through the violence you'd be fast forwarding through most of the movie. And one thing Common Sense didn't mention is when the vet puts fake blood on his arm and pretends that Beethoven bit him. The blood is fake, of course, but the whole scene is very dramatic and scary. my 8 year old sister was terrified and begged us to fast forward. And the movie has plenty of sexy stuff and bad language, in case you were wondering : Beethoven get into bed with the dad and the dad thinks it's his wife and says things like "oh, honey, it's not even Saturday night!" and "Is Daddy's little girl being naughty?" When Beethoven starts licking and rubbing against him. There is some mild cursing, "damn!" and such, and other "humor" like "dingdong head". This movie might be fun for older kids at a sleepover. But if you're looking for a fun family movie for little kids, you won't find it here.

Rebecca Spark hates this!

Rebecca Spark used to like this one and amp; the second one also the cartoon series. It looks like a good movie for dog lovers.I’ve never seen this movie before but, if you like it. Opinion respected from me. #Rebecca Spark needs to chill #DogcatVSRebeccaSpark

Fun, some gun violence.

I love this movie!

I personally love the Beethoven series and I recommend this movie to any dog loving child!

Corny LOOKADAPUUPPY movie has it's moments.

This movie, ehh... it's okay. The reason I rated it three stars is, for one the acting is bad. I don't usually say these types of things in a review, but I think it was necessary in this one. The movie is cute, but the plot is corny. There's one up for every down. Which is okay in some cases, however Beethoven takes a bit away from the entire message of it.This one, I say that not many parents would enjoy this movie. Kids might, but not many parents. I call this A meh movie. Great messages 2/5: As of the rest of this movie, it's messages are a bit mixed. Violence isn't okay kids! 2 seconds later he punches a guy in the face. They all learn to love the dog and accept it's flaws. The father adopts 20 other dogs and becomes like a crazy animal person. This movie also sorta hints that not being an animal lover isn't okay in ways that I'm sure you'll see if you watch the movie. Sex 3/5 Plenty of innuendo for a kids movie. If you're a parent it might fly over you're kids head. But there are plenty of iffy things. A dog lays in a man's bed. The man thinks it's his wife, and wonders why she isn't responding. The dog starts licking him and he states, "Is my girl bein' naughty", and, "c'mon babe It's not even Saturday night yet". Other smaller innuendos such as the word d*** being implied. Language 2/5 As i said earlier D*** is implied. Some minor hells and damns thrown around. A man repeatedly insults his dog. Violence 3/5 Dog abuse 123 times. A man states that he has made a new "exploding ammo" that he wants to test out. He said that the dog had to have a big skull, and that it'll get messy. A man rips up his shirt, pours fake blood on his arm and a dog's mouth. He then slaps the dog repeatedly until he attacks him, and then frames him for it. A man gets shot at with explosive ammo. A dog bites a man's genitals. A car drives through a wall causing 12 lethal vaccines to launch into a mans chest. 2 men get viciously attacked by 2 dogs, you don't get to see the attack, but you are shown the injuries all wrapped up implying that they were badly hurt. In conclusion...meh

Beethoven is a lovable comedy

One of the best, but watch out. Disturbing climax end.

a bit crude but great!

the crude part is that a dog bites and hangs from the villains crotch, but that is the worst part.

One of my childhood favorites!

Beethoven is a lovable film! Although some parts may get a little gross, example: when the dog sprays mud, water and slobber all over the room, but still a very cute movie. There is one scene when the husband thinks his wife is making advances at him in bed but it ends up to be the dog! Actually quite a funny scene. I think this is a great children's movie. The bad guys may scare younger kids so i wouldn't recommend for children under 6, but otherwise a great family film. :)