Kid reviews for Beethoven

Sloppy but lovable dog tale has violence, innuendo.

Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2020

Fun, some gun violence.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHonestopinion January 31, 2018

I love this movie!

I personally love the Beethoven series and I recommend this movie to any dog loving child!

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2017

Corny LOOKADAPUUPPY movie has it's moments.

This movie, ehh... it's okay. The reason I rated it three stars is, for one the acting is bad. I don't usually say these types of things in a review, but I think it was necessary in this one. The movie is cute, but the plot is corny. There's one up for every down. Which is okay in some cases, however Beethoven takes a bit away from the entire message of it.This one, I say that not many parents would enjoy this movie. Kids might, but not many parents. I call this A meh movie.

Great messages 2/5: As of the rest of this movie, it's messages are a bit mixed. Violence isn't okay kids! 2 seconds later he punches a guy in the face. They all learn to love the dog and accept it's flaws. The father adopts 20 other dogs and becomes like a crazy animal person. This movie also sorta hints that not being an animal lover isn't okay in ways that I'm sure you'll see if you watch the movie.

Sex 3/5 Plenty of innuendo for a kids movie. If you're a parent it might fly over you're kids head. But there are plenty of iffy things. A dog lays in a man's bed. The man thinks it's his wife, and wonders why she isn't responding. The dog starts licking him and he states, "Is my girl bein' naughty", and, "c'mon babe It's not even Saturday night yet". Other smaller innuendos such as the word d*** being implied.

Language 2/5 As i said earlier D*** is implied. Some minor hells and damns thrown around. A man repeatedly insults his dog.

Violence 3/5 Dog abuse 123 times. A man states that he has made a new "exploding ammo" that he wants to test out. He said that the dog had to have a big skull, and that it'll get messy. A man rips up his shirt, pours fake blood on his arm and a dog's mouth. He then slaps the dog repeatedly until he attacks him, and then frames him for it. A man gets shot at with explosive ammo. A dog bites a man's genitals. A car drives through a wall causing 12 lethal vaccines to launch into a mans chest. 2 men get viciously attacked by 2 dogs, you don't get to see the attack, but you are shown the injuries all wrapped up implying that they were badly hurt.

In conclusion...meh

Teen, 13 years old Written byA.Ham April 21, 2017

Beethoven is a lovable comedy

One of the best, but watch out. Disturbing climax end.

Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2014

a bit crude but great!

the crude part is that a dog bites and hangs from the villains crotch, but that is the worst part.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 June 30, 2014

One of my childhood favorites!

Beethoven is a lovable film! Although some parts may get a little gross, example: when the dog sprays mud, water and slobber all over the room, but still a very cute movie. There is one scene when the husband thinks his wife is making advances at him in bed but it ends up to be the dog! Actually quite a funny scene. I think this is a great children's movie. The bad guys may scare younger kids so i wouldn't recommend for children under 6, but otherwise a great family film. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byinternetaddict123 January 11, 2014

A very cute dog movie

It is a very cute dog movie. I have to say it's one of my faves. I think children age five and up can watch and enjoy this movie.

There's a bit of violence, language, and sex. George, the dad, jumps through the roof of a building. Teddy, one of the kids, drives the car (obviously he can't drive) and crashes into a building. As for language, the "bad guys" says 'd*mn' and 'hell' once or twice. George says,"I could kill myself!" However, the language isn't that extreme. After all, kids had heard cuss words before. As for sex, there's just a bit of innuendos there and there kids don't understand. There's a couple of references to a p*nis. But most of it little kids won't understand.

Overall, I think it's an adorable dog movie. It's predictable, yes, but really funny. In my opinion, the kids are kind of bratty but they are cute at the same time.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycrazy2012 February 1, 2011
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bybongos October 26, 2009

the best

the best dog movie in ages i love how the dad gets it heh heh heh

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

A great dog movie...

Beethoven is a very good dog movie.