Parent reviews for Best in Show

Hilarious and offbeat, but humor is pretty grownup.

Wondering if Best in Show is OK for your kids?

Adult Written bytheturners February 5, 2012

NOT for family viewing

We thought this would be a funny movie to watch as a family. Our son is 13 and we find most PG13 movies fine for us to view as a family. Not this one. We were appalled when the opening scene had a couple talking to their analyst about having sex in front of their dog. We tried to watch the first ten minutes of the film and it was nothing but snippets of crude introductions to various dysfunctional couples with lots of sexual inferences, including a shot of costumed gay couple with a guy spanking his partner's bare butt. These scenes were intended to be funny but we just thought it was awful and turned the movie off. I bought this from a store's clearance bin for $5 and it's now going into the garbage.

Adult Written bymoviemadness April 5, 2009

Excellent, Hilarious Mocumentary

Best In Show is HILARIOUS, but not appropriate or understandable for kids under 15 or 16. There are several inappropriate sexual references (an awkward discussion of a couple's sex life)(a married woman who meets several ex-boyfriends who make sexual comments about her, making her husband very uncomfortable) (several french kisses between straight and same-sex couples). Role models are iffy. Some are good and sweet, while others are neurotic and unkind. The humor is excellent for those old enough to appreciate it. Best for mature teenagers and adults.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byNiknicIN October 8, 2016

PG-13 in this case means 15+

I love this show, but I am an adult. I should have looked here first, but I took the PG-13 to mean it would be acceptable for my 14 year old. It was uncomfortable and the sexual innuendo wasn't really innuendo, it was very graphic verbal images. I would be fine if my son was an older teenager, but 13-14 is way too young for this in my opinion.

Adult Written bytomp April 9, 2008

Great movie for adults

Too sophisticated for kids. The movie mocks all kinds of human foibles. It takes maturity beyond mid-teens to understand that the humor is directed at all of us, not the particular types -- gay, handicapped, repressed, southern, old, yuppie -- portrayed.
Adult Written byOfficionada July 29, 2010

Hilarious for mid teens up

One to watch with the kids - my 15 year olds love it! They are always quoting from it (as am I). We discuss the language and sexual references but there are no real issues for me. Great movie
Adult Written bymike600 April 9, 2008

Funny for pre teens 12+

Very funny, hilarious, worth it.