All parent member reviews for Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Parent Written bySinfoniarc August 5, 2010

Viva La Papi and Chloe!

This is a great movie. It's very funny and kids and adults of most any age will find it humorous. There's no bad language or real violence in the movie. I only had two concerns about the movie: 1) Jamie Lee Curtis's niece behaves VERY irresponsibly mostly because she's a spoiled brat and an airhead. She's selfish and only thoughtful when she realizes that her aunt is going to kill her once she finds out that she (the niece) has lost her prized Chihuahua. 2) The dog fight scene is kinda scary and some kids who love dogs may have issues with that. While those sorts of things are illegal in the U.S. (just ask Michael Vick), it shows that not other countries subscribe to the same values as Americans. If your children are animal lovers, I would preview that scene before showing it to them. There's no blood or real violence (as stated above), but Chloe (Drew Barrymore) fighting a Doberman Pincher ("Diablo", as voiced by the great Edward James Olmos) is kinda scary. George Lopez, Cheech Marin, Drew Barrymore, Andy Garcia, and many more star in this hilarious movie of misadventure.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg December 16, 2011

WMCIS

What more can I say: LOVE IT!!
Adult Written byDr.Pepper November 8, 2010

Some tense fights might be scary for little kids. Also if your kid is scared of big dogs, this may not be the best movie for them due to a threatening villian. Also a dog mentions that she wants a mate who hasn't been fixed, but that is likely to fly over a little kids head.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byUSMEagles June 3, 2010

We loved this movie and thought it was really comical. The only complaint I have is some of the sexual undertones but I think adults catch them more than kids. These movies I think are made to appeal to parents as well as the kids so sometimes these one liners are thrown in and most younger kids miss them.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byspanora January 25, 2010

Cute

There are some good messages being sent regarding overcoming disappointments, standing by your friends and helping out someone in danger. My son loves it and its nice to find another movie without guns to watch
Parent of a 9, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 16 year old Written bycabbe July 13, 2009

Cute Movie!!!!!!!!!!!

My children love this movie. I took my 9 year old twins and they loved it. The dogs were so cute and there was no cussing!
Adult Written bywonder dove May 10, 2009

Totally cute dog fun for all.

This movie is adorable. Kids and tweens especially will love this movie. The only thing that bugged me was the whole idea of using dogs as accessories, carrying them around in handbags and such, like Paris Hilton for example. It gives kids the wrong idea. Other than that, the movie is packed with action and lots of laughs. The fight scene may scare a few..it was unnecessary to add that in I think. But the story gives a good message about friendship. Watch this with the youngsters and just have fun.
Adult Written bydrpurr March 25, 2009

The dog fight scene can be very scary for kids

Both my kids were terrified of the dog fight scene. They begged me to turn it off and ran out of the room. (My kids are 8 and 6) I probably would not have bought the movie if I had known about that scene.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 10 year old Written byRRoyal March 20, 2009

I thought the movie makers took a great idea, a pampered pooch on hard times, and ruined it with the frightening dog fight and race around Mexico. Also, the musical track was terrible, with copies of Pirates of the Caribbean, that even my 10 year-old noticed. Waste of money.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrachel4missions March 13, 2009

surprisingly cute!

Even though Rachel is running around Mexico with her aunt's rather attractive landscaper, the movie is very clear that they had separate hotel rooms. I much prefer this to films like Homeward Bound and Milo and Otis... it was a bit scary, but it was just... cuter. Less dark and depressing, somehow. I'd highly recommend it, even though I heard it got bad reviews.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bydorene March 4, 2009
Adult Written byamigoce38@hulu.com February 1, 2009

Parent of a 3, 7, and 10 year old Written bykbttexas@yahoo.com January 24, 2009

It was Awesome!

It was great! It had action and I thought it had a great storyline.
Adult Written byparentsin2003 November 8, 2008

Not appropriate for tender-hearted children

My 5 year old was very scared of this movie. We made it only 25 minutes into the show before asking for our money back. He cried in the theatre because he was terrified at the dog fighting scene. Especially since the thought of the chihuahua being lost was enought to scare him. We have seen other movies but this was the scariest of all.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byErica Rios November 7, 2008

Fun to watch!

I went to the theater with my whole family - my daughter, my parents, and my nephews. We laughed the entire movie and quoted it for weeks. And while George Lopez is a favorite of the grown-ups of our family, it was kinda nice that our kids could enjoy his flavor of Disney humor. I recommend everyone go watch it. 'Cuz after all, who can resist such cute little dogs!?!