Kid reviews for Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) Poster Image

Great for 12-15 year old tween/teens

This movie is really good and if your a DC fan then you’ll love it even more! This movie isn’t for younger tweens like 10-11 year olds but for ones around 12-14 there are some bloody scenes but there are movies that are way worse you kids can just close their eyes if they get uncomfortable.

1 person found this helpful.

hilarious action-comedy

amazing female led action movie. very frequent swearing "f*ck" "motherf*cker" "sh*t" also very violent too. lots of gun violence kicking slapping punches death but it's all in a very comic way so it makes it less disturbing.

Amazing movie, but excessive amounts of violence!

Okay guys I absolutely loved this movie. It was a great spin off to Suicide Squad. But watch out for the violence. Three people's faces are cut off and there is lots of screaming. Even though the eyes are still intact in the face, it was kinda gross and disturbing. There was the f word several times as well. Several people were trying to kill a child protagonist and some people even tried to cut out her guts. Be careful but overall, the movie is great for any Harley Quinn fan. At first Harley Quinn does not give a crap about the child, but at the end she is like a mother to the girl.

False advertising!

This is not birds of prey! (especially to Hayabusa the falcon) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

Good movie

There is barley any violence common scenes makes it seem like this is super violent but the only scene with gore is 3 seconds when someone blows up and very little blood with the other kills the only risen it is rated R is for swearing

Harley Quinn's stand-alone movie is a success and fun to see!

decided I needed to see this because I fell at once at enjoying her performance in the Suicide Squad movie! I did enjoy this film, and it was fun to see, but I enjoyed the Suicide Squad a bit more than this film. I can enjoy this film because it’s not trying to promote anything worth your time: in fact, it is going all out on showing how bad Harley Quinn can be! I enjoyed Ewan Mcgregor’s role; though, does he swear that much in almost movie he plays in? Margot Robbie does such a good job on making her role Harley Quinn feel so alive and adding a nice touch of humor to her character. I found the plot very lame but Margot’s role as Harley Quinn made up for that lame plot. This whole movie is just trying to make you have a fun time with this movie. I liked how the director made this movie, and the pacing is the kind of pacing I liked — fast and straight forward! Birds of Prey is a more of a funny movie than trying to go all out on the violence. I could enjoy the whole film, and just have a nice time with it. If they make a sequel to this (in which I hope they do) you can bet I am going to see the sequel for this; Birds of Prey is a fun movie to see and one that you just can have fun and chat about!

Good movie

This movie has extreme violence that might have an impact on kids but also had positive messages so is fine

For mature 10 year olds

I think that a ten year old can handle this. Some people may need their parents but it isn’t too bad. A very feminist approach to Harley Quinn, who was made crazy by the Joker (Suicide Squad original movie). Inappropriate language. Violent.

10+ (read)

If a kid ages 9 or 10 up wants to watch this film It's okay along as you watch it with them because it's rated r plus it's not okay for this to watch it alone because their is some sences you don't want them watching but if they are very mature about sex they can watch it alone but keep an eye on them.

One of my all time favourites.

Extremely good movie, not that bad gore wise except for one scene that tweens may not be able to handle where someone gets there face ripped of but that is the worst of it. There is another seen which may be inappropriate for children where Roman makes a women dance on a table and have her friend cut her dress off. Although I would not recommend this movie for younger children it has great role models and promotes teamwork overall a brilliant movie, MLB-rock : ) P.S- there is a lot of bad language in this film including the f-word and more.