Kid reviews for Blackfish

Blackfish Poster Image

heartbreaking documentry it really makes you think about your actions because people support this unknowingly

Best movie to teach teens about captive orcas

I’m so gonna watch This on April 30th because my school is going to have an Spirit day for Earth Day I’m 13 My birthday is on May 8th Thanks to the Video about Family Friendly Movies to watch on Earth Day this is for teens only as it will teach them about captive orcas or Captive Killer Whales young kids will not be ideal in fact they’ll find it disturbing. So I recommend this for 13+

really makes you think

This does have some violence and cursing in it and I would recommend watching with an adult. However, I think that it's a really important topic and it presents some interesting points. Make sure to do extra research after watching and come to your own conclusion.

Is it really that bad?

I watched it months ago and it really opened my eyes to animal safety, it has a bit of animal blood but honestly its all facts.

Never seen it, but saw trailer. Should be P.G

I’d like to see it. I’m in Australia, here it is rated M.

Less a chronicling of Tillikum's life than a blatantly manipulative attack on SeaWorld, but still powerful all the same

When I came across this film on Netflix, judging by their misleading description of it, I thought it would mainly talk about the story of Tillikum's life while subtly showing how badly SeaWorld can mistreat their animals at times. Boy, was I wrong. In fact, the exact opposite is true: the film is mainly content with attacking SeaWorld as much as it possibly can with manipulative emotional arguments (case in point, an extended scene featuring a mother orca's cries of grief upon not being able to find her baby, who was moved to another location for being too disruptive) while occasionally detailing Tillikum's killing spree (gruesome details of this and other related things are mostly talked about rather than shown, though a long shot of an orca's massive cut bleeding all over the place isn't easy to watch; however, besides rape being briefly mentioned in a court case and a singular use of "scared s--tless", there's nothing else that's really objectionable). As far as persuasively subjective cinema, goes, however, "Blackfish" is a disturbing, well-made, and utterly compelling must-watch that will make you never want to visit SeaWorld again (that is a fact), and that ultimately makes it worth a 4-star rating. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for disturbing thematic content including some bloody violent moments and images.

Disturbing Documentary about Killer Whale

A fascinatingly true, sad narrative, however the layout isn't creative like Curious George: Monkey Business or Three Identical Strangers.

Heartbreaking but interesting

When we went to sea world, It seemed AWESOME. This documentary will change your mind. This documentary is about tilukum, the orca, who is in captivity. It was so sad what sea world did to him. :( also it show a lot of blood and shows people being tackled and killed by him. Wouldn’t recommend this to young kids. Anyway, this is a great movie that will leave you thinking!

A brilliant Documentary about a Heartbreaking Topic

I love learning about whales and watching documentaries about the ocean and all of the life it obtains. I thought that blackfish was a brilliantly done documentary that focuses on the lives of orcas living in captivity. Although it was heartbreaking learning about what whales go through in theme parks, such as seaworld, it was powerful and taught me about the importance of leaving animals in their natural habitat and not removing them from their framiliar enviorment. This film may not be suitable for younger viewers, as there is footage of the animals being injured and it may be too mature and emotional for them. Overall Blackfish is my absolute favourite documentary that I have seen and I strongly suggest it to other viewers.

The biggest weapon against SeaWorld.

Sure, there are a few lies, but other than that, just look at the decrease in attendance in SeaWorld. This movie is very powerful, but sad. Some scenes are worse than the scene in Bambi where his mother gets shot! (No, that isn't a spoiler.)