Kid reviews for Blair Witch

Intensely scary, but lame story, shallow characters.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHellYeah December 7, 2017

Scary, not horribly scary but it was good

It was quite a scary movie, there was a bit of language but that wasn't much of a concern, there wasn't any sex, there was violence but not in excess, I think it's fine for 10 and up especially for a horror movie night.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpicyDankMemes April 4, 2020

Well

I thought that it was not that scary, but in the same way, a tiny bit scary. It’s better than the Blair witch project (1999)

Teen, 17 years old Written byJ.C. Aldridge March 13, 2020

Rated 15 (strong threat, language, injury detail).

SEX/NUDITY - One brief moment of mild innuendo. VIOLENCE/GORE - There are occasional moments of injury detail, including close-up shots of a bloody and infected cut on a girl's foot, as well as a more disturbing scene where the same girl pulls a strange insect from a heavily infected wound in her leg. There are also some verbal references to violent events, including torture, though they are not overtly graphic. PROFANITY - There is strong language ("f*ck"), and milder terms used throughout. DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - A brief comic reference to bath salts. THREAT/HORROR - Strong sustained threat in the last half of the film, with frequent horror imagery and characters in constant terror.

15 - Suitable only for persons aged 15 years and over. Contains strong content, and is not recommended for viewing by any person below the age of 15.

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2019

It's alright

I mean, honestly, it's not scary, at all. I just think it's interesting(ish). There's nothing I can really remember from this movie. None of the characters are relevant tbh, they have no story or personality. It's decent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAngel1210 June 15, 2018

Blair Witch 2016

As a 13 year old I just watched Blair witch and it was really good. Their are tons of very scary intense scenes when watching though, and their are also some very gruesome parts like showing a very bad cut and pulling something alive out of both. Theirs only one sexual joke when a girl was slowly eating a hot dog and her friends were making fun of it. Overall this movie I really liked because it gave me a good scare sometimes I even had to look away from my phone because I knew something scary was going to appear.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySteropas January 6, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written bykayleighwolf January 4, 2018

a GOOD sequel!

This was so much better than the first movie. Me being obsessed with psychology and such, I really enjoyed the insanity or distinct version of reality it brought on. The creature in the movie really gets inside their heads in this one, in opposed to the first, when the characters were just plain scared, not pyscologically engaged. Great movie.

Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2017

It's ALRIGHT

I saw this movie with my mom and I think it's pretty good. I like a GOOD scary movie, but I've seen even scarier. Sure, I didn't actually get "terrified" or scream during the movie. I am different from most kids. I am more "brave" and mature to be able to understand that it's just a movie and it's not real. I've seen a lot of horror movies and I like how this one is made from a first person perspective and how it is made like a video camera recording. Buut, I've seen better.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJMS12392952 May 31, 2017

Pretty stupid

Blair Witch is not scary at all. You can barely see anything because it is so dark. Teens may find this enjoyable, but the movie is still not good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 March 11, 2017

Scary, and has more on screen violence

This one is more violent, slightly less swearing, but more violent than "Blair Witch Project." This time, it actually SHOWS the witch. It is really creepy looking. Kinda like a zombie slender-man mixed with an alien. Kind of a distorted image of it, but you get a good enough look of it to s**t your pants. Lots of creepy situations. They have a drone camera in the film, it shows it automatically fall from the sky, as if it was hit, and then dragged into a tree. A woman gets a cut in her foot, it gets really infected, and soon, she pulls a centipede looking object out of a puss-infected wound from her leg. Another woman has a witch cross snapped in front of her, and her neck is automatically snapped. Lots of creepy things happen inside the cabin. The girl that's in Blair witch project's brother sees (what I'm guessing is) her spirit inside the house. This is really frightening. There is a really claustrophobic scene were a girl crawls through a small under ground tunnel to escape both the witch and the man possessed by the witch. The possessed guy is soon stabbed in his wind-pipe with a pocket knife. Language isn't that bad. Around only ten f-bombs. I liked this better than the original film. This film is flawed but enjoyable for those looking for scares. OK for ages 13-15 who can handle really disturbing/disgusting images.

Teen, 15 years old Written byYaseenP07 December 20, 2016

Did its job well

This film was very very scary. Although there are too many jump scares. But LOTS of legitimate scares. The story though has many holes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymargaret_xc October 30, 2016

15-year-olds can also watch it!! The age limit should be edited!

It's definitely scary and I don't suggest it for UNDER 15.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPipeCine October 24, 2016

Literally, The Forest Is A Headache

Just as the Blair Witch manipulates time perception, the film also can do it. The amount of time that has been since it was inadvertently premiered at Sundance in 1999 seems illusory, a product not only revolutionized the world of horror and suspense film but also diversified marketing parameters imposed in the 1990s. Based on the anomalous acceptance at the American festival, it achieved its official release in movie theaters months later, causing an impressive media boom. It took 17 years for a praiseworthy sequel (omitting filmic outburst of Joe Berlinger in 2000 with "Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows") landed into the forests of Burkittsville, Maryland.

Allegorically, "Blair Witch" (2016) is not a sequel, nor a reboot, the new story of Lionsgate can become a remake, an update of classic from 1999 with high-tech cameras, more budget, a consolidated popular legend and a duo director/screenwriter specializing in the genre, however, the movie backs down when tries to venture into foreign territories to the original, strictly restricting itself to the template of Eduardo Sánchez and Daniel Myrick. With the exception of some provocative and stifling horror sequences, the apparent sequel is little more than a 'hand-held camera' experiment properly done.

Written by Simon Barrett ("V/H/S/2") and directed by Adam Wingard ("You're Next" - "The Guest"), "Blair Witch" continues the story of the Bell Witch based on the events that occurred in the first film. Through a bloodcurdling chase uploaded on Youtube by 'Darknet666', James (James Allen McCune), the younger brother of Heather - female main role from original movie - achieves to identify to his vanished sister, therefore, with his unconditional girlfriend, Lisa (Callie Hernandez), a filmmaker friend, Peter (Brandon Scott), and his respective girlfriend (victim), Ashley (Corbin Reid) heads toward the leafy and legendary American forest, with conventional digital cameras and GPS-equipped phones to go deep into the most intrinsic of hell.

Well, let's start with the main thing. Filmed in Los Angeles, California and Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada, we return to forests which gave rise to the first encounter with the aggressive poltergeist, crystalline river and tall and dry trees providing an unusual air, since, according to what we saw in the first film, the chosen season for the shooting was autumn, in this case, on account of the greenery of trees seems to indicate that they are in the spring. Selected cast uses again the original strategy, they all are completely unknown in the current film scene, including the dark couple added to the excursion, Lane (Wes Robinson) and Talia (Valorie Curry), responsible for the video on Youtube.

It discerns of brilliant marketing from the first film, in which affirmed that the authors of the documentary found in the forest were missing, implying that the videotapes are true; 2016's update opted for mislead to the public with a more corporate purpose, preventing that any type of info about the unexpected sequel was leaked. For obvious reasons, it can no longer play with the minds of the audience saying that it is a found tape - this trick worked because was the beginning of the 'found footage'-, nor affirming that its characters are missing. It was in the Comic-Con 2016, where they revealed that the movie titled "The Woods" - a title of work- was actually a secret sequel of "The Blair Witch Project", a smart and functional marketing strategy.

It abounds in the genre cliches, emphasizing original. A group of college students venture into the Black Hills Forest in Maryland, they camp one night, satanic twigs appear from nowhere, they decide to flee, get lost in the forest, tragedies occur, limited cast find that spooky house, thundering and simply copy sequence, tend. It is incredible to find so many accuracies, this sequel does not possess the required amount of originality to shine with its own light, so it hides behind the charms of the original. In addition, in the few minutes that it can shine, does it with risible twists and decisions, of which we must palliate if the scene was really worth.

With a superficially simple and essential script, Barrett can treasure big connections that revolve around the film, such as time alteration, space deformation and powers of the witch. Less spontaneous and genuine, potential and excessive secrecy in Wingard's film is rewarded with a flawless sound design, few cheap scares and a surprising photography. "Blair Witch" revives behind the shadows of the past, however, gets to deliver some part of the excitement and intrigue of the classic horror film.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTornadosplash44 October 6, 2016

Really good and scary!!!!!!!!

This was pretty good!!!!! A little slow and the acting isn't the best, but it seriously picks up and the last 20-30 minutes are insane!!!! Not for everyone though. Language is consistent throughout the film with uses of f**k, s**t, and some other milder profanity. There are a couple of sex references and little bit of crude content. Alcohol is also used when the main characters are at a party drinking and getting drunk. Violence takes the main role in this movie. There are scenes of violence including people being dragged, people falling, crawling, in a tight tunnel. Also there are a couple of disturbing images including something moving in a wound, something oozing out of a wound and something being pulled out, and a couple others. That's why I recommend this for ages 16 and up. Pretty good horror movie!!!!!!