All teen and kid member reviews for Blazing Saddles

Teen, 14 years old Written byILUVMEAT April 9, 2008

great spoof, but racy in most spots.

This movie is rated R for one reason: Language. Swearing is constant and the sherrif is not liked in the beginning since he is african american but his heroic actions in stopping rustlers from destroying the town really made the people grow on him. Sadly, in the end, he leaves to help other towns. The n-word is used often since it is in an early time where there was slavery. The only real problem is language. Violence is slapstick like when everyone was joining the fight into the hollywood studios. People drink at the saloon and the waco kid (Gene wilder) is a heavy drinker who befriends the sherrif. I really liked it. good for 14+ due to its frequent swearing and racial slurs
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

An excellent movie, if you raised your kids right there should be no problem.

The satire of this movie is perfect, but it could be lost on younger viewers. So I'll so nobody under twelve, but a very hilarious movie nonetheless
Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios August 28, 2010

awesome

this took place back in the 1970's
Teen, 16 years old Written byTonyStark2013 October 18, 2013

He Rode a Blazing Saddle.

This is Mel Brooks nothing can go wrong and nothing did! I love this movie it is so great and haliorus!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey March 28, 2010

REALLy funny/ language could be a rating issue?

I'm pretty positive this movie was rated R for the language, because there is a TON of racials slurs and crude humor. Difanitly offenisve behavior. But the movie was made to make fun of people who are racist, and black people can be racist but at least they have a very good reason to be. CLASSIC!!!!!! My name is Jim... but most people call me... Jim. HAHA
Kid, 7 years old July 2, 2014

I love Mel Brooks' movies

Not as funny as "Spaceballs" for kids in my age range but I still loved it. Has some drinking and a little bit of drug use, as well as a lot of racism but it shows how stupid people are when they hate other people that are different than themselves. Very good film!
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 October 13, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

HILARIOUS!

This movie is hilarious but the jokes are low humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysiv25 April 9, 2008

Hilarios

The movie is funny, but there are lots og racial words, such as the N word(wich is used a lot
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2013

A top 10 funniest movie for me, but you should be mature so you will get the jokes.

This is a completely hilarious movie. The only thing is, most Tweens would not find it interesting, the references would only be understood by very mature preteens and young teens up. Some strong language, and sexual situations, but that's about it. Overall very funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywakokid July 8, 2011

why blazing saddles was rated R

the only reson it wasn't PG 13 is because PG 13 came later
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2010

A Classic Mel Brook Film

Only reason that it is rated R is language. No F-bombs but a lot of the "n" word. A few s words, but otherwise nothing is bad. This is an okay movie if your kids understand not to use the "n" word.
Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2009

great movie!

This is the best Brook's film yet! But, there are references to the KKK and a reference to homosexuality. A product used is, when a man goes to a theatre he asks for Junior Mints, do you think that was just a randomly selected snack, I sure don't.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

this is definetly the best movie ever. period.

The funniest, best, western spoof movie you'll ever see! It's only bad because they say the 'N' word a lot. But they're doing this to make fun of the sheriff, who is black. Most of the innapropriote stuff is for humorous purposes. I'd let anyone 9+ see it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 8, 2012

hilarious Brooks spoof of westerns is funny and raunchy

this silly Mel Brooks comedy spoof of westerns is by far the funniest in his bunch. but that "funny" means that there is plenty of mature humor that only older kids will get. lets start with the violence quotient. there are many scenes and intense slapstick violence, from punches, beatings, shootings, explosions, flying bodies, and food fights. there are jokes about rape, and a few shots of Nazis and Ku Klux Klansmen. in the sex area, there is plenty of rainchy humor about body parts, lovemaking and lots more. the language flies in this film. people spout out many N words, S words, a**, di** and a bazillion more profanities. characters also drink heavily and smoke a lot
Teen, 13 years old Written bytogatoga36 April 9, 2008

Funniest Movie Ever

This is the funniest movies of all time, if you see the words "Directed by Mel Brooks" you know you know you're in good hands. If you are a big person that has an issue with racism, I still think that you should see it. This movie gives racism a huge slap in the face, all in all, this is the funniest movie that you will ever see!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMelBrooksFan May 31, 2016

Classic comedy still holds up

I LOVE this movie! It's my favorite Mel Brooks film, my favorite comedy, and probably my favorite movie in general. I especially appreciate the film's anti-racism message. I definitely recommend it to any Mel Brooks fan. That said, this movie is definitely NOT for young kids. The movie is filled with drinking, smoking, sex references, some violence (mainly slapstick), and strong language, including racial slurs. Only mature kids should be seeing this. Parents, if you are considering letting your kids watch this movie, great! But please take your kids' maturity level into consideration before making that decision. Again, I LOVE this movie, but it's not for young kids.