Parent reviews for Bobby

Moving ensemble drama, but not an RFK biopic.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byreview1 April 9, 2008

Respect

One of the first movies I have gone to where the audiance showed respect by staying seated all the way through the credits. This was a great movie for those of us that lived through that time period - it captured what was really going on. The important part however is that this country under the current (but not for long administration) is going down the same dreadfull path. We need a change in this coutry and this movie shows us why. I highly recommend it.
Adult Written bykitode April 9, 2008

Very powerful movie - ok for younger with support

This movie is about Bobby Kennedy's assassination in 1968.

If you read the comments on imdb, it's as though everyone had a different ending to the sentence, "but obviously the best part was..."

This is an extraordinarily well-done period piece on a very difficult time in US history. I think it's important for students to see, but the themes touch on real issues of the time: there's drug use, and swearing, and extramarital affairs, and alcoholism, and everyone smokes, and racial violence....But the message is AWAY from those, not towards them.

Political conservatives might feel it's politically oriented, though I think the vast majority of religious conservatives will enjoy the social messages delivered through speeches.

Mature or urban teenagers will "get" the themes, but might be confused by the context. Luckily the movie is so good that parents can see it twice.

The other thing - adults cry, a lot, at this movie. If your teen will be freaked out in a room full of crying adults - wait until it's on DVD.
Adult Written bydanusa April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysfriel April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypaper_monkey April 9, 2008

inspiring

a hilarious way to tell a needed to tell story