Parent reviews for Bolt

Bolt Poster Image

Bolt!

I used to like this film when I younger! Does have a bit of violence and a fire at the end. A good one for older kids and adults!

Traumatic, Scary!!!!

My mature 4.5 year old watched this (and my 2 year old as well). I told my husband PG is never good for them. But he didn’t listen because good sense media had it listed on the top 10 best movies for kids. WTF. Please don’t let your young kids watch this. It’s pretty much a horror film for that age.

What is wrong with this reviewer?

Common Sense Media normally it's pretty conservative with recommended age range but this one is completely off. I read the negative reviews and I thought it would get better after it unfolded. I guess the movie is trying to go for a Truman show vibe but as another reviewer noted kids don't have that context. What they see is a dad get kidnapped by a really scary guy. A dog purposely subjected to serious anxiety because he thinks his young owner is in mortal peril. And a girl who has no agency because her "agent" not her mother has authority in doing what's best for her daughter. Seriously my son who loves Spiderverse and wasn't phased has been spontaneously crying, scared his dad won't come he from work, and wants all lights in the house on. I read the reviews and thought my kid would be able to handle it and was so so so wrong. So please parents before you think your kid can handle it watch a few minutes by yourself before subjecting your kids to the potential trauma. Please Common Sense Media please reconsider your recommendation for 5 years old on this movie.

CS rating too young

I lost faith in Cs a few years ago when i let my then 7 yo watch this - i kicked myself for trusting the common sense consensus of 5+ Y’all are raising some cynical violent kids. I turned it off when the crass Hollywood villain careened in at the start. Sad if you think your kid needs to be this stressed out and overwhelmed to be entertained. We finally watched the film recently and my son (now 12 remarked that he still finds it pretty alarming - and he can handle harry potter and black panther etc) theres just something about the cynicism in this movie that is deadening.

Scary Doctor Scene

Just FYI bold has a final scene really wrong about a Doctor where it captures an evil face made by the doctor with quirurgic material in hands making it seem as if a doctor was this scary person who wants to hurt you.

It's my Favorite movie

It is sad, and it has some violence it it, but a 5 year old could handle it

My little guy cried

The action didn't scare him, but he was so sad that Penny and bolt were seperated he had a whole body cry going beforer i realized it. We shut it off and talked about it, then he wanted to the see the rest so we watched more. Everything was good until the ending wiht the "different" penny and a "different" bolt...so a show in a show with a new white dog? He didn;t get it...i wish we'd just watched some more Super Why. The movie was fine, just not for a 5 year old who watches nothing but nature shows and PBS kids up to this point.