Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Bram Stoker's Dracula

Bloody, sexy, scary Dracula for mature teens only!

Adult Written byMovieCertificate November 2, 2011

R-18. Not for teens and below.

Restricted to adults. Graphic violence, explicit sexual content, nudity, sexual violence, and strong horror themes.

Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 November 4, 2013

Dracula

My husband and I love vampire movies and this has to be one of my favorites. It is beautiful, wonderfully made movie.
Adult Written byMatthew St Vinc... September 4, 2017

BluRay Review (Australia)

I'm going to start off by saying Francis Ford Coppola has created a horror movie masterpiece. It stuns me to this day knowing that the visionary director behind "The Godfather" trilogy is the same director behind this horror masterpiece. The story is "After Jonathan Harker (Keanue Reeves), a praised lawyer is sent off to help a Count known as Dracula (Gary Oldman) sign legal documents the Count soon finds out about Jonathan's fiancé Mina (Winona Ryder) he locks him up and travels to England to seduce her and kill anyone who gets in his way including the unconventional doctor, Abraham Van Helsing (Anthony Hopkins)". This film is filled with great camera work, exceptional set design, demonic imagery and bloody violence. The acting is all over the place with some awful performances from Keanu Reeves (The Devil's Advocate) and Winona Ryder (Stranger Things) but some great performances by Gary Oldman (Leon: The Professional), Anthony Hopkins (The Silence of the Lambs), Tom Waits (Seven Psychopaths) and Cary Elwes (SAW). The BluRay is an amazing transfer that truly is far superior than the DVD released back in June 1999. The BluRay is like all BluRay's with it being 1080p video quality. It looks clear and sharp with lots of detail and when I watched the DVD before BluRay was in existence I never was able to tell that Keanu Reeves's characters hair was grey. The blacks are deep and the colours really stand out especially during the scene when Jonathan Harker is on a train and the sky is glowing in a matte red with Dracula's deadly stare resting in sky. The sound is superb with a LPCM 5.1 audiotrack that is loud, intense and astonishingly crystal clear as if you were right there. The sound of the horses and the carriages speeding past, the sound an ocean storm or the screaming sound of Dracula in bat form, you name it and it sounds phenomenal. It is really a movie to watch with the sound up as it is so audibly pleasing. The film contains bonus features such as 30 minutes worth of deleted scenes, commentaries, a making of featurette, teaser trailer and theatrical trailer. All of them are very entertaining and I always enjoy watching a trailer before the film so this saved me from opening up my iPad and doing a YouTube search. The deleted scenes are really good and make me wish for an extended cut of the film to be released. Despite the M15+ rating this film should be kept far away from children and anyone under 18 as this film is extremely violent and filled with demonic imagery. It is not for kids and neither is any "Dracula" film to date but if you are an adult and enjoy masterpiece films whether they are horror or not check this film out. My recommended age to see this film though is 18 years old

Adult Written byRiks December 28, 2010

Parent of a 16 year old Written byasoooq212 June 6, 2010
This movie is the MOST bloodiest gory-fest EVER,NO ONE WOULD EVER SEEN this!,This movie of only for 17 year olds!,Not for big boys or small babies!,VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

Adult Written bybranagh April 9, 2008

Faithful, But Blood-Soaked, Adaptation Of The Horror Novel Written In 1897

Francis Ford Coppola ("The Godfather" movies, "Apocalypse Now") takes a bite out of literature with this faithful version of the classic horror novel written in 1897. I have not seen the 1931 film starring Bela Lugosi or any other film version of this story, but I have to say that this one is very faithful to the novel, while changing some bits and improving on others, especially the ending, which in the novel, seemed forced and came off as ridiculous. There's a line in the novel which is really obscure, but the movie did a great job fleshing it out. (When the brides accuse Dracula of not being able to love, he looks intently at Jonathan and says, "Yes. I too can love. You yourselves can tell that from the past." In the novel, this is never explained, while the movie fleshed it out in greater detail). With a mild warning about the violence and brief sexaulity/nudity, I can recommend this movie to mature teenagers. Great cast, awesome performances and a great script make this a true feast for the eyes... and fangs. "Love Never Dies." Rated PG-13.
Adult Written byDoodle_Bug November 6, 2012

Dracula Review

Intresting movie; An iconic masterpiece in some ways an extended scene where main character gets seduced, three women, Breasts are visible, another scene dipecting rape,etc... (OverAll . OK film)

Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 30, 2014

This is a nicely done Dracula Movie

I really liked this Dracula movie, they did an incredible makeup job on Gary Oldman, the man that played Dracula in this movie, I saw this movie when I was about ten years old and nothing in this film bothered me at all. And keep in mind this film was done in 1992, in the 90s films took a very big sexual leap and this film does have sexualized content that likely would not have been accurate to the time period they are portraying in this film. This however is one of the best Dracula movies that has been made despite some of the inaccuracies of the time period which almost every movie has.
Parent Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Highly sensual, atmospheric adaptation

Highly sensual, atmospheric adaptation of the horror classic, emphasizing the trippy supernatural romance between Winona Rider and bloodsucking, scenery chewing Gary Oldman. No one will be surprised by the violence, but the sexuality, especially between Oldman and his vampire happy meal Sadie Frost, is still shocking. Then there's all that absinthe drinking...

Parent of a 13 year old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

Oldman is the Best Dracula Ever!

This is the best rendition of Dracula ever captured on film. Gary Oldman's dark and sensual personae outshines any other vampire who ever dare put on a cape. To me Gary Oldman is the most talented and underrated actor ever. He becomes who he is playing, however in this role... Dracula became him... Oldman set the bar so high it is untouchable even to Bela Lugosi. Winona Ryder's delicateness suited the role of Mina/Elisabeta nicely and Keanu Reeves played the unsuspecting and naive Jonathan with satisfaction. However the whole movie comes together because of Gary Oldman's intoxicating essence. He draws the viewers into his darkness and passion and guides them through until the end. This film is drastically romantic and hauntingly captivating- just like a real Dracula movie should be. The cinematography deserved Oldman's phenomenal performance and perfectly created a true vampire realm. Francis Ford Coppola is brilliant. This is the spirit of the vampire.

Adult Written bybroadwaybaby April 9, 2008

A classic!

Blood, sex, and more blood - what more can you ask for with a movie starring Gary Oldman and Winona Rider? Though thoroughly enjoyable, this movie definitely isn't for the kids, unless you know them well enough. I saw it at thirteen and was pretty shocked at some points, but the fantastic plot, acting, and occasional corny (yet delightful) special effects make this flick what it is: the best vampire movie, ever.
Adult Written byAngieparker June 7, 2013

Dracula 1992

Amazing, but only for very mature audiences because it donations a lot of sex, bloody images and violence

Written byAnonymous November 22, 2018

The butt review

This Dracula film doesn't have cussing but has got bloody action that isn't to gory and a lot of sex and drinking,drugs,smoking
Adult Written byRarityfan October 6, 2018

Like fine wine

1992 version of Dracula, and not your grandparents monster movie. Can be too long for some. Perfect for a Halloween party.