Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Bring It On

Smart, sassy movie, but expect raunchy humor, language.

Adult Written byShann January 16, 2012

Classic teen chick-flick

If your eleven year old daughter wants to see it, let her. There's very mild sexual references but nothing major and most tween girls absolutely love this movie. Not very deep or educational, but a good teen chick-flick.
Adult Written byFair April 9, 2008

I love this movie, however...

There is so much good stuff in this movie that I allow my 6-yr old daughter to watch it (the sexual references go over her head). However, there is one blatantly sexual, stripper-like audition scene that I fast-forward through. For kids who DO get the sex-talk, I'd recommend parents see it first.
Adult Written bydvdqueen March 4, 2012

cool movie

very cool movie i liked it. this would be a good movie for teens or tweens 12 and up. but its not a bad movie. its a feel good movie with cheerleaders and i liked it!

Adult Written byeleanorj August 16, 2014

Recommend it!

Great movie defiantly recommend it!

Adult Written byOlivePadfoot April 9, 2008

Raunchy, rude & stereotyped

The movie is mostly bubblegum cheerleader sex with teens. It's funny in some areas, but just disgusting in others. If you insist on seeing it, make sure you discuss with your teen about healthy sexuality.
Adult Written bygoodgirl November 19, 2015

Well Cliff is cute.

I like how in movies like this they always add a cute guy that likes the girl. and they have chemistry together. Jesse Brad Ford as Cliff was cute. that could be the reason why I like the movie.

Adult Written byMatt B. April 16, 2018

A movie suitable for teens

This movie has sexual references and strong language.
Adult Written byGeorge M. May 7, 2018

Should be PG.

Good for all ages but if you're against a little sexy stuff get the PG edited version, which the idea of is offensive.
Adult Written byAnne F. March 25, 2018

Great messages but maybe for older teens

This film show cultural appropriation really well with out being preachy but simple and entertaining enough for teens to understand. Kristen Durst is a real good strong female role model. There is some strong language and they refer to gay people using words that are offensive by today standards (you should tell your kid this). There is also sexual talk (no acts shown) that may be inappropriate for the younger ones, use your judgement. Definitely show your kid this one, at some point.

Adult Written bycheer April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySpeirto January 27, 2019

Fun and energetic

A movie I enjoyed from my younger days. I watched it with my almost 12 year old and there were a couple of times we had to pause and discuss. Mainly there was a gay character who was shown in a positive light but was still referenced to as a 'fag'. There is sexuality because hey, they are cheerleaders and like skimpy clothing and there some bikini car washing scenes. There is the pervert cheerleader boy, who in today's climate would be dragged through court for the way he lifts cheerleader girls, but I think most kids will miss that. The younger audience should probably watch with some guidance.