Parent and Kid Reviews on

Bring It On Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 11 parent reviews

Sort by:

Too much profanity and slurs

I remember liking this when I was you ger, but my 13 year ild and I decided to turn it off. Im not a prude, but the language and slurs are really over the top. Unnecessary and gratuitous scenes of teen girls in their underwear. Would give it a miss. Didn’t seem to hve any redeeming qualities.

3 people found this helpful.

cringe for me

too much sexual scenes take away from the movie

2 people found this helpful.

Fun and energetic

A movie I enjoyed from my younger days. I watched it with my almost 12 year old and there were a couple of times we had to pause and discuss. Mainly there was a gay character who was shown in a positive light but was still referenced to as a 'fag'. There is sexuality because hey, they are cheerleaders and like skimpy clothing and there some bikini car washing scenes. There is the pervert cheerleader boy, who in today's climate would be dragged through court for the way he lifts cheerleader girls, but I think most kids will miss that. The younger audience should probably watch with some guidance.

Should be PG.

Good for all ages but if you're against a little sexy stuff get the PG edited version, which the idea of is offensive.

A movie suitable for teens

This movie has sexual references and strong language.

Great messages but maybe for older teens

This film show cultural appropriation really well with out being preachy but simple and entertaining enough for teens to understand. Kristen Durst is a real good strong female role model. There is some strong language and they refer to gay people using words that are offensive by today standards (you should tell your kid this). There is also sexual talk (no acts shown) that may be inappropriate for the younger ones, use your judgement. Definitely show your kid this one, at some point.

Well Cliff is cute.

I like how in movies like this they always add a cute guy that likes the girl. and they have chemistry together. Jesse Brad Ford as Cliff was cute. that could be the reason why I like the movie.

Recommend it!

Great movie defiantly recommend it!

cool movie

very cool movie i liked it. this would be a good movie for teens or tweens 12 and up. but its not a bad movie. its a feel good movie with cheerleaders and i liked it!