All parent member reviews for Brother Bear 2

Adult Written bymdjj April 9, 2008

Scary too-deep concepts for under 6

My boys watched this and they completely got hung up on the brother dying, could not get the concept of the brother turning into a bear (and the fact that people could not hear him when he talked) and got completely FREAKED OUT by the spirits. They both (4 and 5.5 years old) cried - seriously cried - and they have NEVER cried over any movie - they have watched Star Wars, many disney movies, etc. They are not overly sensitive, but my younger son could not understand how the brother who died came back from "heaven" and then went back again...and my older son worried that we will die. Maybe it was just bad timing, but they asked me to NEVER EVER show them this movie again. Hmmmm.
Adult Written by4beauts March 24, 2011

Too much intense/fast-paced imagery for a 6-yr old.

Intense fast paced imagery was too much for a 6-yr old. Frequent extreme close ups with scary distorted faces, e.g. Several full screen examples of the girl heroine screaming hysterically, also the bear's open mouth filling the screen several times and roaring so loudly my windows vibrated. The "message" of friendship and love are great for older kids, but lost on those too young to follow a story amongst this constant drama and unnecessary hysteria. Where's the good storytelling on kids movies?
Adult Written bySTRIDER9 April 7, 2013

This is a great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byNatasha715 July 22, 2011

Sweet movie for all ages!

Very sweet story with a happy ending. Friendship and love endure.
Parent Written byRachel E. October 20, 2009

3 year old more scared, 5 year old like it but still didn't understand the plot, reasons for behaviors

This seemed to have more screen time devoted to peril than the Brother Bear 1. The love interest portion of the story is central and not essential for intended audience. This version seems to have lost a little bit of the general intelligence and respect of the first movie. Might be better than many of the movies out there, so if you're looking for the lesser of two evils, this may still suffice.
Adult Written bywomack93 April 9, 2008

Great for the whole family!

I thought this movie had a wonderful mix of decisions for kids to learn from. What it's like to be different, how is that good. How sometimes things are not what they appear to be and you need to look deeper to find the real part of people. Loved it! And it's for all ages!!