Parent reviews for Buried

Buried Poster Image

An Intense thriller inside a coffin.

))Spoilers! )) This intense thriller about a man buried alive only with limited tools to survive is very well made and entertaining. The whole film is the main characters point of view, inside the coffin. He makes contact with people on his cell phone . The whole film has the character in peril, he even encounters a snake attack. It's defintley not for the faint of heart or for anyone claustrophobic as he has limited space to breathe. The whole concept is very shocking but it's defintley a film worth checking out.The film has many swears, not exactly a strong amount but their there and they may not be 'violence' as per say but the whole movie is intense. I recommend this film for teens and up (15+)

Swearing is minor

It's a great movie. The swearing is the main problem but a nine year old can watch it. swearing's minor.

Thanks for the spoilers!

I haven't seen this movie yet, but after reading some of these reviews, I'd just like to thank some of the thoughtless users of this site for posting the freaking ending!!!!!! How about you not do this for any other movies, mmmmkay?
Buried is an intense thriller movie about a person being buried alive in a coffin filled with sand and it's hard to watch with that being said this movie is too much for your younger kids to watch considering this movie only for your older audiences and parents you need to know that buried has some mild violence and strong language used.

For a one-man film, Ryan Reynolds held his own. As for the entire story line; completely rediculous. Keeping him in the box throught the Entire film did not give the feeling of being there with him leading to suspence and thrill. Nope. More like frustration to see that he didn't use the objects left with him to his advantage in the most common sence, life-or-death way. Putting aside how the box went from rediculously small to large enough for him to stand in and back and forth throught the film, he would have been dead within at least 10 minutes if they were trying to make the film realistic..Which is the point of most movies right?..To engage the audience.. Perhaps if they did incorporate a scene or two outside of the box, it would have drawn some attention away from the unrealistic time. And I can't help but say, they should have went with a lower ranked actor than Ryan Reynolds to star in this film. He has earned his status as a well respected actor..I hope this film doesn't pull him down.

a masterful masterclass gripping edge of the seat thriller.

Most memorable movie of my life is BURIED now. i just can't believe what i experienced while watching this movie. one of the most edge of the seat thrilling, compelling and claustrophobic movie ever. amazing movie. it starts up with Ryan Reynolds trapped in a coffin, buried, with a cell phone, lighter, torch etc. this 90 minutes movie starts and finishes with Ryan Reynolds buried in the coffin and finishes there too. no flashbacks, no outside shots just him. such a sad movie, really made me extremely sad, i am greatly disturbed after watching this movie, one of the best movie ever, and one of the best so far this year, as i mentioned , i am not gonna forget this movie my entire life. Ryan Reynolds gives the most finest performance of his whole life, brilliant performance running through a rainbow of emotions, angry, sarcastic and terrified are but a few. how is this movie being made it would have been so much tough for him both physically and performance wise. story is perfect, plot is intensely gripping. screenplay is extremely well written. shot very smartly. its full with masterful, masterclass, extraordinary brilliantly executed nail bitting tensely gripping thrill and suspense. a masterpiece of mystery thrillers. groundbreaking mesmerizing brilliantly twisted movie. outstanding movie superb. excellent. loved it and sad too.

I found that ryan reynold's fear of being buried alive was by far less than par. The plot was very far fetched but neatly came together in the end. Enjoyed the ride nonetheless.

Excruciatingly uncomfortable thriller sure to give you claustrophobia

First of all, if you have claustrophobia, it is safe to say that you will not make it. I could barely make it through the whole thing. I actually began to appreciate how much arm room I had while watching this film. That being said, this is an extremely well-done film. And for a movie to be this good while only taking place in one setting is even more impressive (and intense). This is not an experience for the weak-stomached. I saw people leaving the theater left and right holding their stomachs and their heads. This film will make you uncomfortable, upset, and even angry. On the plus side, Ryan Reynolds may be one of the best actors of today. To hold his own for an hour and a half is supremely impressive, not to mention very tricky. Parents: This film may not be extremely violent, but it is highly disturbing, and may give your kids nightmares of being buried alive. The concept alone of being buried alive is horrifying to think about. Plus, there's lots of naughty language, but, then again, who wouldn't be cursing in aggrivation after they've been buried alive. What I would have rated it: R for Intense, Prolonged Life/Death Situations, Strong Language, and some Disturbing Violent Images. Bottom Line: Although almost unbearable to watch, this is, ironically, a must-see, for a stellar performance and a masterful creation, with limited resources. If not for Chris Sparling's writing, I'd say everyone would have left early. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man

Soooooo good... but so painfully hard to watch (in a good way)+ bad language.... A LOT OF IT

Omigod it was sooooooo sad I cried, I NEVER cry at movies. It was so amazing and was a totally different side of Ryan Reynolds. I'm only 14 btw not an adult reviewer stupid commonsense media... I went to go see it with my dad, I really shouldn't of. Most of the script for the first half hour consists mostly of the f-word... but it was still amazing, but a little hard to watch in a good way if you know what I mean. I can't say much without giving the end away but a majority of the people in the movie are fairly awful human beings. If you're old enough though it's a definite must see.

Adults only, with an appreciation for a good performance

Tough movie to watch. Found myself holding my breath, clinching my teeth, and tensing my entire body for much of the movie. I had a stomach ache when I left the theatre. However, as a lover of movies and someone very intrigued by a great portrayal the best part of the movie is watching Ryan Reynolds' performance. It is so well done and so realistic, that you really have to stop and think about the fact that there is not another scene but the coffin and that there is no other human shown in the movie. It was quite amazing if you think about it. Still, certainly not a movie for my kids...