Kid reviews for Cargo

Original zombie movie with heart; violence, language.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written byMike Owen August 26, 2018

Moving but also slightly scary

This film is about a dedicated man who must take his daughter to safety after being bitten by his wife, leaving him 48 hours before he becomes a zombie. The film is sometimes uneven but Martin Freeman shines in this moving, sad horror, as the infected father. Expect blood, disturbing images and very strong language. The film is great but if in doubt, just watch this for Freeman alone!

Teen, 16 years old Written bynihilistasshole July 6, 2018

Very compelling but also a bit disturbing

Tbh when I started watching this film I was expecting the typical zombie film such as the like of world war Z whete everything is a bit two dimensional and there is a relatively happy ending. However with cargo this is not what I got. This film is very sad and at times disturbing and bleak but at the same time is beautiful in how raw and realistic it is. The characters are multi layered and easy to empathise with. My main criticism is that it is a slow burner so is slightly boring at times however this is only a minor flaw. It is very violent and fairly gorey but id say no more so than any other zombie film. There is some swearing but it's occasional and not really that detectable (it's said very casually, you could easily not even notice it)

Teen, 16 years old Written byGorilla88 February 4, 2019

Very Emotional

My brother convinced me to watch this movie and I agreed while not knowing anything about it. This is an amazing movie, mainly because Martin Freeman does an outstanding job as the the lead character. But be warned, this movie is extremely traumatic. This is one of the most gut wrenching tear-jerking movies I have ever see. I rate it 9/10, but I could never watch this movie again. This is the first movie in a long time where I was holding back tears.

Teen, 15 years old Written byQuill. December 1, 2018

Tense and tragic.

Good quality, tragic, and moving flick. I don't think the violence should be a 5/5, compared with, say Hacksaw Ridge, it's not horrible. The movie's whole set is in general disturbing, but any mildly hard hearted teen with a strong stomach can handle this one. Swearing is common but used in a casual tone and not overly done. Strong messages of self sacrifice and human perseverance throughout. The hopeful but meloncholy ending rapped things up nicely, in my opinion. 4.5/5