All parent member reviews for Carrie (2013)

Parent of a 13 year old Written bymomcaresforever October 25, 2013

11&up for Carrie

My 11-year old daughter and I saw this movie, and enjoyed it very much. It was a brilliant remake of the 1970's version. There was a very brief sex scene, however there is no nudity in the movie. The locker room scene is nothing to worry about when it comes to nudity. Profanity was very mild.
Adult Written bywonder dove February 2, 2014

Watchable...

2013's Carrie was not the greatest so I was a bit disappointed in it, however it's watchable. I think Chloe for the part as Carrie was a bad choice because she was too pretty, and it made the story seem a lot less realistic. The acting was really soft for an R-rated horror movie, felt like a PG-13, it really surprised me how bad the performances were, it didn't have enough edge and the creepiness was held to a minimum. However Julianne Moore, Carrie's mother, her performance was excellent. The original Carrie was far better, a lot creepier and way more convincing. The 2nd remake (2002) with Angela Bettis was also well done so if you haven't seen those, check them out. Carrie is a very good example of teen bullying that is happening everywhere on a daily basis, when you push someone too far you never know what they're capable of, in Carrie's case it was something beyond her control but she learned to accept it because it seemed to protect her. The story is interesting enough to entertain teens but may be a big disappointment to those who are expecting more. The language is strong, we hear the f-word several times by teens, sh*t, what the hell, lots of name calling words like sl*t, freak, pig, d*ck. Violence has strong bullying, Carrie gets bullied bad during a shower scene when she gets her first period, Carrie's mother almost kills her as a newborn with a large knife. At one point the goriest scene includes a bucket of pig's blood falling on Carrie's head at prom as a prank, a pig gets slaughtered that is rather disturbing, a bucket falls on a boys head and he loses consciousness, Carrie uses her telekinetic powers to hurt others, we see people smashing into walls and windows, prom decor falling and burning to the ground, lots of screaming and running, teens get trampled on, a girl gets hit several times by a swerving electrical cables, people are electrocuted and burned, a car gets chased and the people in it are terrorized and eventually killed, many other violent scenes throughout. Sexual content has a sexual vibe throughout because some of the girls act slutty, we see a teen couple having sex in a car (no nudity) the girl seems uninterested and the scene is no longer than 10 seconds, teen couples kiss, girls shower and we see them in towels, Carrie's religious mother claims she was raped and liked it - she calls Carrie's breasts "dirty pillows". References to teen pregnancy. There is teen drinking. Okay for older viewers around 15 and up.
Adult Written byPCDberry May 3, 2015

CARRIE 2013

Deals with strong pervasive brutal bloody violence and gore, adult language, sexuality and some nudity, and very strong pervasive intense scary images. NOT FOR KIDS under 17
Parent Written byandrea405 October 22, 2013

Be smart. Read the book and keep it and this movie away from the kids.

This movie is rated R for a reason. Not just the F word, it's got the sex, gore, language, and disturbing themes that a horror film has. I saw the original when I was under 17, because the Sissy Spacek, John Travolta original was R also. The sex was disturbing even then because I was innocent and though sex should be with someone you love and it would be tender. Kids should not see this! Not to mention animal cruelty-- remember how they got the pig's blood. Everyone is desensitized watching the cruelty. Stephen King may be genius because he's the horror master. But Hollywood has to go over the top with the gore.
Parent Written byJSchnier November 9, 2013

PG -13 For Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language, and Sexual Content

Violence - 7/10 Sex - 6/10 Language - 5/10 Alcohol/Drugs - 1/10
Adult Written byzeekattacklee August 23, 2015

Carrie review..

Although I did sort of see the older version of Carrie, I did not see any nudity this time . Other than that, I would say this is a pretty dark film for the younger kids.. On that note, I did notice during a lot of the moments It did get intense during a lot of the content. Besides the content getting intense, If the film would of been toned down a bit and gotten rid of a few F words I would not of minded this Being a borderline PG-13.. Otherwise, I would say it should be fine for ages 14 and up..
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 18, 2014

15 and up.

based on the best-selling horror book novel in the year 1974 carrie the remake is a great horror movie that stars with Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore with this being said the movie is fine for your older teens but parents you need to know that carrie the remake has intense violence some strong language used one sex scene and some social drinking used.