All member reviews for Catch Me If You Can

Excellent account of FBI's youngest Most Wanted.

Adult Written bybpurcell April 9, 2008

Great movie-something you can enjoy without concentrating!

The movie was great because of the humor (he was constantly changing roles: one minute he said he was an airline pilot, the next he was a doctor: it was hillarious!) The plot was not too confusing, so you didn't have to stop and figure out what was going on. But, it was not a really weak, obvious plot. My one-word description is: AMAZING! Plus, the two stars, Leonardo DiCaprio (who was really hot!) and Tom Hanks were great for their roles, Leonardo a young, counterfeitting, liar; Tom a suspicious FBI agent. Awesome movie!
Adult Written bytomp April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 19, 2009

one of my favorite movies.

If I was one of those famous movie reviewers I would say "Two Thumbs Way Up!" This movie is amazing. Some of the stuff in it may be too inappropriate for kids. But this is an outstanding movie
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion June 13, 2010

Absorbing and Entertaining, But Not for the Family.

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN is a wonderfully made film from the master: Steven Spielberg. It features two masterful performances from Leo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. Leo's performance, as a juvenile con man, is especially sympathetic and relatable. He uses humor and sadness pitch perfectly at all the right times. I'm not a fan of his, but this performance convinced me of his undeniable talent. I imagine that you already know what the film is about, so I'll plunge right into the inappropriate stuff. The role models in the film aren't good. The main character is a con man who is constantly on the run from the law. He decieves everyone from his own father to the US Government. The film sensationalizes and glamorizes his crimes, though he does serve his sentence in the end. At one point, his father even urges him to continue his crime spree. Tom Hanks's character is a workaholic who has abandoned his family. However, though the film plays host to terrible role models, the messages at its core are positive. The pain from broken families is shown to last a lifetime, for both of the main characters. And though the main parental couple in the film has a ruined relationship, another has a productive, working love between them. The life of crime is sensationalized, but also portrayed as lonely and isolated. And, lastly, in the end, redemption is found for the majority of parties. In addition to the messages, we have one "f" word and an assorted handful of minor profanities like "d**n" and "h*ll". The underage main character has sex with three women in the film. One of them is a high-class hooker who requests money for her services (he agrees on $1,000, then the camera cuts away.) Another is an airline stewardess who is seduced by Frank on a plane. Though nothing graphic is seen, their bodily movements shake an in-flight refeshments cart. Lastly, Frank discusses sex with a woman who becomes his fiance. She reveals to him, while both are in underwear, that she is not a virgin and she has had an abortion. A woman cheats on her husband, then pays her son to not tell him. Violence is very mild. There are a couple of intense scenes, and we see a couple of bloody injuries in an E.R.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey April 20, 2010

HAHA LOveD IT!!!

This movie was so funny!!! One of the best dramedies I've ever seen highly recommended!!! I Can't believe Leonardo DiCaprio isn't more recognized for this movie it's defanitly one of his better films :D
Adult Written byDolphincat March 22, 2015

Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Classic

I love this movie. It has a lot of bank robberies though, it's ok for double-digit ages.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2014

Fantastic movie!

1. Inappropriate content: 3/10. 2. Violence: 2/10. 3. Profanity: 5/10.
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2014

Great Movie

I watched this movie and think that it is an awesome movie. Catch me if you can is about a young conman, who travels around lying about his age and is identity. During the movie Frank the main character has sex with 3 women, there is nothing graphic though. Also there is some swearing, they say f**k once and some other minor swears like d*m and h**l. Also the role models for the movie are not the best Frank is a conman, and a one point during the movie his dad encourages him to keep breaking the law. Over all I thought it was a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2014

5 star movie

Excellent movie!!!!
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2013

Appropriate For Kids 10 And Up

Catch Me If You Can is a really good movie its hallarious! Its appropriate for kids 10 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBroadwayFan7 March 15, 2013

Great for older kids and adults

Catch Me If You Can is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is the amazing story of Frank Abagnale, the world's most acomplished con man, and his many escapes from the FBI. I would definitely reccomend this movie for anyone who likes mysteries, action, adventure, or comedies. However, there are several uses of foul language, plus three sex scenes that would not be appropriate for younger children. For teenagers and adults, however, this is one of the funniest movies ever that everyone is sure to love.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2013

'Catch Me If You Can' movie review by Charlotte Ferguson

This awsome action film is based on a true story in new york starring the charectors Frank Abegnale Jnr , Frank Abegnale snr, Brenda and also others. I would recomend that this film should only be shown to the children/adults that are over the age of roughly12 or 13.The story : frank abegnale jnr lives with his parents who are at that stage happily married in a nice stable home until his farther who is a conn man gets his family into a lot of financial trouble so that leads in them having to move into a very small cheap flat . Following the trouble he got his family into him and his wife get divorced and frank jnr has to make the decision of who he wants to live with but the desision is too hard so frank jnr runs away and starts to follow in his farthers charming footsteps . after fleaing he hesomehow manages to fake bing a doctor wich is were he falls in love with Brenda , later he fakes to bea co piolot then a laywer hre forjes chueqs for over $4000,000 .He later gets caught by the CIA and finds out his mother is remarried with a little girl . he ends up in jail .
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 8, 2012

Catch Me if You Can Review

Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2012

The Best FBI Movie Ever

Great movie! Parents, let your kids see it already! There are some intense chases and brief language, but overall it's an entertaining movie with some DiCaprio eye candy. If your kid is 9 and mature, let them watch it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn November 15, 2011

Spielbergs often looked over con film is a masterpiece, great for teens

Catch me if you can is one of the most subtle, cleverly acted and well made films that Steven Spielberg has ever made over the course of his long and extremely successful filmaking career, which has already spanned numerous generations in the process. At it's core, Catch me if you Can is a story about finding one's identity, but most importantly, it sends the message of having two much of a good thing could most certainly ruin your life in certain ways. While Steven Spielberg's fantastic directing builds the movie, it is Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio's performances and chemistry together that drives the movie. But, despite this being a absolute fascinating movie, this is not for young children or even most tween's. It is Rated PG-13, as it should be: There is frequent sexual content which get's fairly graphic and passionate in some scenes, frequent profanity with uses of sh-t, g-dd-mn, ass, hell and one use of f--k. Also, there is frequent smoking as well. Well, if your a Leonard DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg or just plain film fan in general, you should probably enjoy this movie. I know I did.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2011

great for some older pre teens

I loved this movie. very well done and very entertaining. But good for teens. Recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLadylollipop1 April 26, 2011

Kids will like it

This films slightly sexy but nothing graphic and is mainly played for comedy (not steamy at all) and the character of Frank does become a conman and is on the run from the FBI so possibly not the best role model. I love this film and it is very fun and enjoyable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya March 27, 2011

KNOCK KNOCK

one f--k, some sex but overall very good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 1, 2011

an amazing and fun movie even though its about a con man you get to like the character great acting