Parent reviews for Catching Faith

Catching Faith Poster Image

A Disappointing effort

This movie began with a promising topic ~ Christian family hitting difficulties. However, the dialogue was almost indecipherable. The music was too loud and disruptive. The scene changes were not fluid. I believe the message would be lost, as few would persevere to listen and watch the whole movie. A wonderful opportun ity to show a valuable lesson failed dismally.
1 person found this helpful.

Should be titled "Catching Guilt"

Like others have said, the sound ruins the movie. I don't think they used microphones which would make sense for a low budget christian film to oversee. The story was not awesome, it was white privilege on display. Only the dad had any redeeming qualities, but he only had like 3 lines. If you are a middle-aged woman that has poorly raised kids and realize you need to make a major change during their senior year, have fun! The plot felt like it might have been written as a high school project since several of the retaliations by adults were akin to high school drama. It was wholly unbelievable, I can't understand how they got Bill Engvall to be involved, he must owe some favors...

Music was too loud to hear the voices.

The movie was good and had good plot and meaning. The only thing bad was a production or editing issue of the movie itself. The music was so loud that I couldn't hear what was being said through a large part of the movie.

Not too bad for a family movie

Its hard to find movies appropriate for my kids that aren't cartoons. They seemed to like this one. It had underage drinking in the beginning but otherwise not a bad movie to let them watch. Definitely made for Christians.

Don't Waste Your Time

This is a film that attempts to masquerade as a football film but is really about stay-at-home moms and their first-world problems. The film only exists to be a glorified ad for the coloring book that is given a prominent role in some of the scenes. Even if you don't mind the corny dialogue, you won't even be able to hear it due to the awful sound editing. There are much better films to subject your children to, so please give this one a skip.

Ok

The movie itself was very good along with the message it conveyed. The biggest problem I have with it and most like it is all the music. There's too much and it overpowers the dialog. I could not hear most of it and had to keep rewinding and turning the volume up just to hear the dialog. Then the music would play and it would blast so loud my son could hear it outside. This seems to be a common occurrence with movies in general these days. Why bother with talking g at all? Just play music!!!! Very disappointing.