Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore

Goofy animal adventure is full of first-grade humor.

Parent of a 5, 7, 8, 12, and 13 year old Written by571502dr September 3, 2010

Good movie

I took my 5 and 7 year old boys to see this movie. I laughed and even though there is a few minor indiscretions, nothing is implied sexually. It was a laugh for all of us. It held my attention with all the referances and held the boys attention with all the action. The movie has a positve message about people of different origins (in this case, cats and dogs) working together to accomplish a goal. It was great for all us.

Adult Written byTetris101 July 31, 2011

Crap.... stupid... in a "G" movie

Why does a "G" movie have to have the words crap and stupid in the span of 5 minutes? I don't consider myself a prude, but I do NOT need my kids copying this language. Very disappointed.

Adult Written byIHCAD2 July 21, 2010

TERRIBLE. DO NOT SEE IT. DISGUSTING.

This movie is absolutely disgusting. It makes me embarassed just looking at a poster. I can't even watch the trailer, it's too terrible. This should never have been made into a movie. It should have been burned when it was stilll a manuscript. The jokes make me feel sick they're so bad. Anyone who watches it will be going so low they might as well just jump in a hole.
Parent of a 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18+ year old Written byFIAB December 5, 2012

Awesome film....5 stars!

I love this wicked movie :D It's awesome :)

Parent of a 8 year old Written byMamaBearNJ August 12, 2012

Cute

The movie works on two levels. If you've watched a certain number of secret agent movies, you can enjoy spotting the visual references (like a supervillain lowering the hero & heroine slowly towards a tank, shades of _Live & Let Die_). If not, you can just enjoy the over-the-top action sequences & the animal cuteness. Fortunately, in our family we like both secret agents and cute furry animals, so we all had fun with this one. Although there are intense action scenes that may scare some younger children (including one cat taking off his fur & revealing himself as a Terminator-like robot), on the whole I thought the movie bent over backwards not to be upsetting: mad or incorrigible dogs only risk "the kennels," not euthanasia, and even the supervillain falls from a great height not to death but to humiliation. Some of the CGI is a bit creepy, as well as a bit unsatisfying to my tastes; it makes me nostalgic for the older breed of animal movie, like _That Darn Cat_ or _Benji_, that filmed the animals' natural expressiveness rather than superimposing humanoid facial expressions on them. It's not a great classic, but it's a fun movie of its kind, with a nice message: you can overcome prejudice and make friends with someone who's different from you.

Adult Written bybdh July 3, 2011

not that good

not any good but entertaining enough
Parent Written byjhartsock81 May 17, 2011

Put it on the Netflix list for the kids

I watched it with my son and his friend. The whole movie is based around talking animals. How more unbelievable can you get. But over we liked it. Yea its cheesy, but if it can keep my sons attention it cant be all bad.

Adult Written byRGC August 8, 2010
Pretty mundane for an adult, and would be embarrassing to an adolescent. My 4 year old daughter found the explosions scary, a little uneased by most scenes with Kitty Galore and the Hannibal Lecter/Mr Tinkles scene in Alcatraz a little upsetting. She enjoyed it overall - leaving the theater very upbeat - but I think if she'd been a year or so older it would have been fine.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bybuild99940 August 8, 2010

Parent of a 7, 9, and 14 year old Written byThedoples August 7, 2010

Not great.

I took my kids ages 7, 9 and 14 to this movie and they were all bored with it. The storyline was pitiful.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bykerim August 7, 2010

Homage to Hannibal the Cannibal

The animals and action is the obvious attraction. But there was a lot of evil going on, and some of it inappropriate and/or unnecessary. The white kitty "Hannibal the Cannibal" take-off was gratuitous and scary in a way that my 8 year old couldn't articulate, but she sensed the BAD there. I just didn't like the movie at all. Re: Common Sense review and good role models, the only good bit was how the good animals watched out for each other and learned to work together as a team.

Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byclcfh August 1, 2010
Lots of laughs for a seven year old boy. He hasn't stopped talking about it. Harmless fun, with kid fun being about all it has to offer. Lots of scenes seemed designed for 3D, but 2D was just fine for us.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byGrandmaGina July 31, 2010

Nice kids movie.

The movie has a predictable plot, but is entertaining enough. My 6 year old grand-daughter enjoyed it and was able to retell the story to her mom. We weren't disappointed.