All parent member reviews for Chicken Little

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 29, 2009

theres lots of.....................

theres lots of vilonce and peril but still very good and very very funny.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byjohnjt April 13, 2009

Funny, but fast paced and scary parts for younger kids.

While there is funny content, the story jumps from step to step far too quickly, as is often the case too many insider adult jokes and the quick devolution into killer aliens was quite scary for the younger kids. Also, as others noted, using things like "wanna be my lover" and other content seems more of a tool for a "sure thing laugh" rather than creative content that stands by itself. Again as others said: why unspoken the missing parent? Really? Needed? That all being said, I was laughing myself. I think keeping it at least to a mature 6 year old and up is warranted, if only for the killer aliens.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 14, 2011

OK for grade school kids

There are some moments that scared my 3-year-old daughter when she first saw it, and my then-5-year-old son got upset at some of the father-son conflict, but it all comes OK out in the end. Like so many kids' movies today, it tries to work in pop culture gags for grown-ups though none will earn more than smile. There's some sweet moments and even a few witty undercurrents, but mostly it's just a passably cute diversion for the under-10 set.
Parent of a 1, 3, and 6 year old Written byPaulaDonald June 1, 2009

What others don't mention about the alien invasion is the constant "vaporizing" of characters. I thought it would just happen once or twice, but characters kept getting vaporized - totally freaking out our son. We left the theater with our five year old.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 24, 2010

Really good film loved it when it came in fact i watch it sometimes with my gf
Parent Written byzeuann April 9, 2008

cute, but not the best disney movie

This was a cute movie. I did take my 2 1/2 yr old & she loved it. The other 2 young children we were with also enjoyed the movie. I would be careful if your child is sensitive (my 6 yr old would of had a hard time). The mass panick scenes could be scary for some. All in all this was a cute movie, but not one of the better Disney movies out there.
Adult Written byMarisolMomma April 9, 2008

Not for Small Children

I hate to admit it, but my 3 year old is fairly movie literate. I have taken her to everything from Finding Nemo (her first movie) to The Incredibles and the recent Wallace and Grommit. Seeing that this film was rated G, I didn't give it a second thought. That is, until my husband and I took her crying out of the theater because she was so scared. This movie starts out all right, but once it gets scary and "dark" it stays that way for quite awhile. My daughter wasn't the only crying child in the audience.
Adult Written bynaymatune April 9, 2008

Adult Written byM3 April 9, 2008

Be my lover?

Am I the only one that has a problem with a little girl character singing along to a song asking "will you be my lover"? My five year-old enjoyed the movie, but it is a very thin story jam-packed with music sequences to popular songs. This was used effectively in the Shreck movies, but it's over done in Chicken Little. Stereotypes are used, and as usual one of the parents (the mother) is dead.
Adult Written bychimanbj April 9, 2008

Good Family Fun

Chicken Little teaches a good lesson for kids and parents alike (you're going to watch it with your kids, right?). With aliens, there is a bit of violence, but it turns out to be not as bad as you might think it was. There's not much scary about this, and the resolution and social interaction is well done.
Adult Written bymhula1@aol.com April 9, 2008

A clever and fun movie but the G rating is inaccurate.

Chicken Little is a fun movie for kids 8+ though. The G rating is very inaccurate for there's an alein invasion with some off-screen shooting but know one is injured or killed.
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byRebecca Randall April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycookingsherri April 9, 2008

Disappointment

We went to see this and I was so disappointed. My six year old couldn't follow the story line because there wasn't one. The movie begins with the expectation that kids are really familiar with the sky is falling story, if not it does not really brush youngsters up on the story. It has violence, it is frightening and the message was so unclear. My 10 year old like the funny scenes but said the plot was even missing for him. I don't recommend it all.
Adult Written byshoegirl April 9, 2008

Questionable innuendos we can do without

Why does Disney insist in shoehorning in adult innuendo into every kids movie? The overweight and squeamish boy is told he'll lose "his Streisand record collection." Why this gay slur? Sure it will go over most kids heads, but who needs it? Then a reference to an "intervention" and the kids sing a song about "being my lover. The misfit girl is called "ugly" by her classmates. Throughout the movie she refers to Chicken Little needing "closure" with his Dad because all the magazines say so. Kids will never get this, so obviously it's aimed at adults. Why bother? Why can't they make all the dialogue in kids movies funny FOR THE KIDS???? The adults will surely laugh along with the kiddie humor, but the adult stuff is lost on the kids. At least it should be.
Adult Written byCasandria April 9, 2008

Wonderful Fun Movie

The movie has wonderful graphics, excitement and I would recommend this movie to all families.
Parent Written byjpschouest April 9, 2008

Very entertaining.
Adult Written byricksjewel April 9, 2008

Little Faces Big Issues

The underlying message in this movie was Chicken Little's relationship with his Dad. There were several heart wrenching scenes when the Dad totally ignored his son's need of love and accpetance. As usual Disney has the mother deceased and the Dad says more than once that "she was good at this stuff." Younger children won't get this but older ones and adults will. If you have really young children you should know that the aliens are pretty scary. They are a cross between a spider and an octupus. Good messages about family and friends& fun but not for the youngest members of your family.
Adult Written byLisaDonthree April 9, 2008

Don't take the toddlers!

The kids all loved this except for my almost three year old. He was scared of the aliens during the invasion (he turned and faced away from the screen). It was understandable as the aliens kept zapping people and the people would dissappear, later you learned that they were safe inside the alien's ship, but during the height of the invasion, which is very noisy seeing people dissappearing is very scary for the toddler age group. This is why I wrote iffy for violence.
Adult Written byHuffanator April 9, 2008

Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

A bit predicatble, good for families

Kids will love it, adults may be bored.