Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Children of Heaven

Excellent subtitled Iranian coming-of-age story.

Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byDP July 21, 2015

One of the best movies I have ever seen

Our family has seen this movie several times. It is simply wonderful! If your family or kids have never traveled outside the United States, have them watch this movie together with you. We have a boy and a girl with a similar age difference as the siblings in the movie and our kids have truly enjoyed this kids' life story.

Parent of an infant, 5, and 7 year old Written byNyamu January 3, 2015

Great movie, but it's not for fun.

This is a very good movie to watch with a family. But it's not a movie for fun. The story is really simple. Even a small kid would understand it, but parents will probably have to explain some actions of the characters and the entire setting. Watch this movie by yourself before you show it to your kids as every great message should be delivered in the right time. The story is about brother and sister from a pour Iranian family. The brother lost sister's only shoes, but kids decide to not tell it to their parents, because their mother is ill and father works hard.

Parent Written byJustin B. February 24, 2017

Tame but a good intro to the genre of Tragedy

Being on the top 50 movies kids should see before they are 12 and the other reviews really led me astray on this one! While it was good to show the kids what living in other cultures is like, the dad is a bit harsh on the kids, uses d**m and you hear s**t (which the kids can read in the subtitles). The brother and sister do team up and you route for him to find a way for him to get his sister shoes ***spoiler alert*** he wins 1st place (when he needed 3rd to win a pair of shoes) and is sad about his achievement and then the movie ends....what a downer. Classic Tragedy, but too much for young kids who don't need that kind of disappointment after such a big build up.

Adult Written byAngelique444 January 8, 2019

Poignant Tale Exemplifying Empathy, Morals/Ethics , Sacrificial Love

A *STELLAR* essential to aid children & adults alike in the development of a nourishing soul & compassionate spirit. Simplistic yet well-crafted & engaging.