Parent reviews for Christopher Robin

Sweet but slow tale about the power of family, imagination.

Parent Written bylawmumma August 2, 2018

A Perfect, Happy, Joyful Movie

This movie is perfection. Not loud, not too fast. It relishes quiet, simplicity, and the joys of childhood. It has many laugh out loud moments for kids and adults alike. Picture Hook -- now take away the scary stuff and craziness (I love Hook, but to compare). Simple story about values, family, and being true to yourself.

Adult Written byChristianMomCares August 7, 2018

Depressing!

This film, as other reviewers have mentioned, is a slow start. If you’re looking for a nostalgic Winnie The Pooh film, this isn’t it. The first 40 mins are purely depressing as Christopher is all grown up and consumed with work and the worries of life. Brief glimpses of what led him to that point are going to boarding school (mean teachers implied), death of his father at a young age, goes off to war (brief war explosion scene throwing soldiers) and ultimately at his present unhappy job. When he finally is reunited with our beloved Winnie The Pooh, who he had completely forgotten/abandoned, he is annoyed and inconvenienced culminating in him finally yelling at Pooh that he has no brains whilst they are in the woods. Children in the cinema around us described this as “scary”. How unfortunate that this was the word children were using to describe a Winnie The Pooh film. Hence my age recommendation, for 10+. If you have a sensitive child, or a child that may be uncomfortable with someone yelling at Pooh, abandonment issues etc, maybe give this one a pass. That said, it does wrap up happily, though you need to push through to get to this part. Zero sex/nudity issues. Zero swearing. Zero drug use. Zero inappropriate use of God’s Name.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byprincesssnowfla... August 4, 2018

A beautiful and wise movie is aimed at grown ups

Cristopher Robin is a beautiful sensitive wise and family friendly movie that is so rare nowadays. It's definitely charming and is worth seeing for...parents in the first place!! While CR has nothing in it that would be inappropriate for children to see the message of the movie is really aimed at grown ups who are well older than 20-30y.o. You need to know that this heartwarming film literally takes you on a psycho therapy journey: just like a visit to a master psychologist it is likely this film will make you cry, laugh and most importantly reconsider your own lifestyle, values and priorities that you integrate in everyday life. Most phrases that animals say here could be quoted and understood in different ways - they are simply philosophical and one will get them depending on their life's experience and views. The movie is beautifully made however you have to expect that it is slow paced. My guess is that it is again as I said done to give you time to find your answer to the questions Winnie asks Cristopher along the way and to let you relate scenes and characters to your own past life experiences. Cristopher Robin is a strong reminder to grown ups of the importance of balance in life and the power of compassion, family and imagination. While kids could totally see this film I think the whole point of it is for adults just because children don't need to be tought to have fun - it's what comes naturally for them before time comes. The film is a heartbreaking reminder for all who have already stoped being innocent children that as we grow we very bitterly loose our view of the world and the joy of pure play and are often forced to stop doing things we truly love because of the society's expectations about work and responsibility.

Parent Written byfilmviewer August 2, 2018

Lovely and well-paced, sweetly emotional, with good and memorable acting

I've always loved Winnie the Pooh and the enchanting stories had been a staple for my daughter and me through at least Kindergarten. We saw the film on opening night tonight and thought it was great. It was paced nicely, had important messages about priorities (though I reminded her that it is important to work hard - but also to appropriately seek balance), and had good actors with memorable performances. I found that it made me feel rather choked up a number of times especially in the first third or so of the film. The reminder of lost innocence and letting go of those characters and charms of childhood as one grows up pulls sweetly on the heartstrings. We quite enjoyed the film and would recommend it to children (probably six and above) and adults.

Parent of a 4, 4, 8, and 12 year old Written byBaby20600214 August 6, 2018

Mom's Review

We went to see this movie on August 5th 2018. The older kids had fun with this movie, but my littles did not. My youngest was scared of the scene where (SPOILER AHEAD) Christopher Robin falls down in the hole. As for my other 4yo, she was scared of the Woozles and Hefflelumps. After awhile they both fell asleep, leaving me and the big kids to watch this. They loved Eeyore and Piglet the most. FINAL VEREDICT: Christopher Robin is a movie where it really depends on what scares your kid.

Adult Written bycyndi723 August 4, 2018

Magical Christopher Robin

My family enjoyed this movie. My grandson is 5 and he really liked the characters. The movie held his attention for the whole two hours. I don't think it was slow paced at all. Beautiful cinematography, we were totally immersed in the story. I think the characters are true to the original adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Ewan McGregor was fantastic as Christopher Robin. The voices for all the animated characters was spot on. Go see it!

Adult Written byEmiand2018 August 7, 2018

Very innocent

I loved the fact that everything from the start to the end it was innocent. There were no ill intentions or phrases that implied other wise. As a society we live in this world of growing up and forgetting about the simple things . We become mean and forget what truly is important. This movie reminds us that even if we grow up we must never forget who is important in our lives.

Adult Written byayella2323 August 3, 2018

Way too slow

This movie has a good plot and is family friendly, if your family will actually sit through it. It starts off slow, stays slow and ends the same. It is a little dreary and drab and lacks color and happiness that most Disney movies offer.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byMichelle M. August 7, 2018

Great family movie

I took my 4 year old daughter that is scared of most movies and she loved it. After the movie she told me she loved it and wasn't scared at all. Considering most animated movies have scared her, this says a lot. She may not have caught all of the messages about growing up but she loved the movie. I also loved it and thought it was just a happy feel good family movie.

Adult Written bykleung August 4, 2018

Enjoyed this movie as an adult- well done but may be slow for kids.

I loved this movie. It has an overtone of melancholy (as does winnie the pooh in general) and there are some really positive messages about growing up, responsibilities and setting priorities. My 9 year old came with me and enjoyed it but many of the adult themes / references were lost on him. He mainly enjoyed it for the cute interactions. The acting is actually quite good with strong chemistry between characters. There was one scene in the woods (about 25 min. into the movie) that was scary enough to frighten a 3 year old into leaving the theatre. Creepy but not actually frightful for older children and the theme is overall very wholesome. It's an odd duck. I thought that the majesty of the film comes in it's subtle comments about growing up and adulthood that would be lost on the children. However, it didn't have enough action / straight up humor to engage children under 5 which is where typical winnie the pooh cartoons have targetted. It's a bold choice by Disney and I hope this movie does well for them. Highly recommended. This has already become one of my all time favorite family movies.

Adult Written bysunshine57 August 4, 2018

POOH & Friends

Loved this movie. Something sweet and innocent, finally!! No profanity, nudity - just a nice movie for all to see.
Adult Written bydanny 7000 August 6, 2018

Christopher Robin is amazing

i think Christopher Robin is one of the years best films but its not for little kids because in the begining it is implied Christopher Robins dad dies and Christopher Robin joins the army and theres gun fire and its implied some people die Christopher Robin has a scary dream were its implied hes losing pooh at first the hundred acre woods has a very creepy and dark atmosphere to it and is full of fog and it just deals with a more grown up story like Christopher Robin having to deal with being a grown up and having to remember pooh and embracing his inner child with that being said its for 12+ and its mostly family freindly and just deals with a more grown up story with that being said Christopher Robin is one of the best films of the year i loved the animation it had lots of funny parts had some sad parts and some very heartwarming parts and i dont recommend it for anyone under the age 12

Adult Written byjuliestevens August 5, 2018

Best Family Movie Ever

My husband, 18 year old son, and 15 and 10 year old daughter saw this movie for my (yes my) birthday. There is not a single curse word. It is completely family friendly. There are no explosions, no violence, no monsters, so if that’s what you want, this probably is not for you, but if you are looking for a heart warming story, with some very funny and loveable characters with a wonderful ending (where no one dies) you’ll love this! Even my husband and 18 year old admitted it was a good movie. It is a little said in the beginning when Christopher Robin leaves Pooh and his friends behind and goes off to school, but probably more for grown ups than children. There are a few scenes where Christopher robins wife and daughter are upset because he doesn’t spend much time with this family because of work. But the happy ending gives you a warm fuzzy feeling! Definitely go see this movie with the whole family!!!!!

Adult Written byIrish2lup August 5, 2018

Good Plot and Family Friend but...Very Slow and Very Drab

This movie has a good plot and is family friendly that is if your family will want to sit through it. It starts off slow, stays slow and ends slow. The previews make it seem so colorful yet it is dreary, drab, and lacking the happy feeling that most Disney movies are made to be. In my opinion it is not worth spending the money to see it in a theater.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byCHINO S. August 17, 2018

Excellent for almost all ages

Maybe not for toddlers. The rest of the family will enjoy it. Great movie. Great acting. Sweet characters and funny moments. Extraordinary good message about not focusing in what is not important (money, job, career) and paying attention to what is important (family, life, time, affects). [I would like to add, and I appreciate that it's just a personal opinion, that I feel sorry for the people who commented about the movie being "slow". It's not. The story, the plot, is not a race and it takes the time that needs to unfold and develop. And I wonder: is life, for those people, "slow"? I particularly despise most of movies that over the recent years had made ultra-fast editing as the norm/standard, making people think that anything else, is "slow".]

Parent Written byshevakay August 12, 2018

Lovely slow paced film

My kiddos enjoyed watching this movie. It emphasizes the importance of playtime and family time. The WWII scenes in the beginning were a little scary. Overall they enjoyed the slow/calming pace of the movie and all the Pooh-isms.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byMuhammadAdham August 4, 2018
Parent of a 10 year old Written byErwin W. August 18, 2018

A message with honey

It’s generally a sweet movie with a good message of (lost) family values with a nice ‘old fashioned’ atmosphere, but there are some really spooky and dark sequences that are reminiscent of the dark atmosphere of a Tim Burton movie. It’s not an instant classic or anything but a good movie to spend family time on.

Adult Written byManuelNard August 7, 2018

Christopher Robin

I cried while watching this using boxxy software, this brings me joy. After watching this from my childhood finally, finally its here!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byKaitis1Mom August 31, 2018

Never completely grow up

Christopher Robin is a wonderful movie, appealing to both kids & parents. I took my mother and Kait, my daughter (age 9) to see it, since my daughter has been a life long fan of Winnie the Pooh & friends. Kaiti laughed for at least half of the movie. The movie is very sweet and funny. My mom and I had some good laughs through it as well. Good, clean, & wholesome!! Great for the whole family!! We’re going to see it again!