Parent reviews for Cinderella

Cinderella Poster Image

She's not a damsel in distress!

Cinderella's not a "passive" damsel as people say. Don't let them brainwash you. Cinderella is a positive woman who stays optimistic even when she's depressed. She can't escape because she has no money, she's an orphan. How do you expect her to just up and leave? The prince did not "rescue" her from her not even dangerous situation, she went to the ball to be free and is actually independent.

3 people found this helpful.
Some distressing scenes of verbal and emotional abuse. Even though people see her as too passive, Cinderella is not a meek victim. She's a good role model as a positive, hard-working young woman who doesn't lose hope when faced with adversity and is not a doormat for her abusers (she disobeys her stepmother to go to the ball, and manages to escape from the attic when locked in).

1 person found this helpful.

Cinderella!

Cinderella is a good classsic Disney film the whole family can watch. I like the cat Lucifer the best!!

im 23 and i still like this please dont judge me anyway its a Disney classic
Very sweet story, and appropriate for toddlers as far as the characters and themes. My boys are almost 4, and they were very scared of the cat, Lucifer. Otherwise it was a very enjoyable movie night for us!

Great movie with a great message!

Thise who are kind and loving prosper. Those who exploit kindness or are just plain wicked get what they deserve in the end. There is some that may be scary for younger viewers (cat trying to catch a mouse, furious king swinging a sword at a man). There is also some celebratory smoking of cigars. It also does have a "love at first sight" scenario, of which I am not fond, but we talk about how Cinderella is appealing because she is kind and loving and the same for the prince. We also talk about how true love grows and discuss how you do not know someone after just meeting them once or twice.

Watched it 7 times in 2 days

My daughter loved this movie - so much that she watched it 7 times in 2 days. She absolutely loved the mice and thought the cat was silly. She was sad when the stepmother ruined Cinderella's pretty dress but the fairy godmother saved the day and my daughter loved singing Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo over and over again.
My 4 yr old just watched this for the first time. She’s only ever watched an occasional Doc McStuffins cartoon, so this was her first full length movie feature. She was entranced by the singing and the mice, however, she became frightened and her eyes filled with tears by 1) Lucifer the cat during the kitchen scene and 2) the King yelling at the Grand Duke. (I accidentally paused that right as the king is drawing his sword to knight the Duke and it looked even scarier, oops) We talked through what was happening but still ended up fast forwarding. If you ask her now she will “say I liked it but I did not like the mean cat but I liked when the mice fought back” so she definitely retained that. She’s been acting out the dance parts since and wants to watch it again, so I think overall it was a positive entertainment.

In the long row of Disney princess classics

It's Christmas soon which means that the annual Disney Danish cavalcade the 24th December that includes Cinderella. Lots of peril and the music and animation sets up the tense moments fine despite it's a girly movie. Big on romance and princess consumerism.

Comedy, musical, love, goodness!

My little boy and I love Cinderella! He especially thinks the mice are hilarious! Nothing in this movie frightens or worries him, he understands that the nice, good people are rewarded with happy relationships. We love singing the songs and dancing!