Kid reviews for Clouds

Clouds Poster Image

Heartbreaking Story

Amazing movie. I personally do not cry during movies but if you are someone who might cry during a movie, it will probably happen. This movie is a heartbreaking story about a terminal cancer patient named Zach. It shows his struggles, and also shows his journey as his dream comes true.

In depth review

I hate movies. Mainly because when I see them I notice that most movies have no meaning, no message whatsoever. You'll see a movie, but never really remember it because it has no importance. But this movie is something else, they don't make movies like these anymore. And I never ever give 5 stars but this movie deserves it. So, If you want your kids to learn something about life, this is the perfect movie. No spoilers, but I was sobbing the ENTIRE time. And can we talk about that soundtrack too? Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

very sad.

GREAT MOVIE

This movie was one of the best movies based on a true story that was actually great in a long time! I gave it a 12+ range because I feel like younger kids won't enjoy it as much because they won't quite understand what is happening and what the family is actually going through. I think once you reach a certain age or feeling when you can't imagine your life without one person, you actually can feel the emotion of what the family and friends are going through.

Plucking Heart Strings

CLOUDS is a movie about overcoming fears, adapting to the circumstance and making the best of your one chance at life. Even the first five minutes of the movie, you can tell what kind of a person he is. He walks in for his best friend because she has stage fright and even tells her that stage fright isn’t a ‘silly fear.’ He makes jokes about his bald head, which shows how confident and at-terms he is with himself. He sings a funny song, and makes jokes about teachers. Students laugh, which shows he’s well-known and has respect amongst his classmates. This movie is about friendship and love. The girl he likes is a genuinely good woman and I love who they cast. Although there is some brief inappropriate content, such as a worded text his girlfriend sends him on the way to France (nothing terrible, and it’s short, no pictures.) There are scenes where he and his girlfriend start to kiss, and one scene where she takes of her sweater to a wide tank top underneath and he takes off his shirt. What I love about their romance, however, is how mature and real it is. No high school stereotypes, and as I said, she is a good person to him. There’s also a scene where they fall asleep on his bed while cuddling. Nothing sexual. Zack is a very imaginative person, and he and his girlfriend begin to scope out their future life together. They have a horse named River, and six children. She briefly implies when they should “start trying” but it doesn’t go further than that. This movie might be disturbing to young children as throughout the movie Zach is experiencing decline in health. Wheezing breaths, and surgeries. But the music is outstanding and the story is inspiring!!!

Inspiring movie

I think it´s a great movie. I really felt inspired by Zach´s story and what he did with his life. This movie talks about caring for the important things in your life and not wasting time on superficial things.

Made my heart melt

I think this is an amazing movie, it has a strong message and it tells the story of how a teen loves his life trough cancer. I think kids can watch it but I say 13 plus because of the kissing senses are a little much. But I think two reds the end how he got what he wanted is very inspiring and how his girlfriend loved him no matter his case.

Inaccurate and slow; turned it off within 10-15 minutes

I'm very sorry to say this, but I just did not enjoy this film. I found it to be awkward, slow, and inaccurate in its depiction of its characters and its story. I recently got a Disney+ account and have been watching The Mandalorian since, which is absolutely fantastic. However, this film just did not hit the right notes for me. Now, in terms of the film's true story, I do feel true sympathy for the family of Zach Sobiech, and for Sobiech himself. However, I feel that this film did not portray the real Zach Sobiech. As a matter of fact, the film went pretty far from portraying the real Zach Sobiech, especially within the first 15-or-so minutes of the film. Right off the bat, we see Sobiech portrayed almost in a negative light in an awkwardly long scene where he sings a sexually charged song--and this scene seems to be used to portray Sobiech in a negative light. The filmmakers may have not been intending for that to happen, but that's how I felt when I saw the awkwardly choreographed scene. This is what I got from the film's portrayal of Sobiech; that the film made him look like a disrespectful, spoiled, and self-centered person. That's how it looked when they portrayed him in the film. I'm sorry, but I don't find this film to be an accurate portrayal of Sobiech and his family AT ALL. It also ran EXTREMELY slow--nothing happened for the first 10-15 minutes, and I just decided to turn it off before the film even got to the cancer part. The cancer part seemed to be very far away from the beginning of the film since the film moved so slow. Also, there was one scene where Sobiech is vomiting in a toilet--however, after that scene, the film just overlooks this scene and disregards the whole cancer plot after that scene. As if that part wasn't important in the film--well, it would be if they made it seem more significant, which they didn't do. I have many issues with this film, and I would rather watch a documentary/at least a productive YouTube video about Sobiech (which would only last a few minutes, and this film lasts 2 full hours) than watch this movie. I do not recommend Clouds for anyone who is looking for the real story of Sobiech--you won't find it here, that's for sure.

SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this movie is really good and touching. It made me cry and tear up a lot and now whenever I listen to the song Clouds I get really sad. Based on a true story it really interested me and portrayed the protagonists position really well. There was a bit of really intense and scenes, and a little bit of making out shirtless and kissing, but overall I loved it.