All parent member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Parent Written bytarmale September 29, 2013

Ok sequel, don't like the inuendos

Took my 6, 8 and 15 year old to see this today. Not as good as the first one but still entertaining. What I didn't like about it is the inuendos. Robot have flashing flowers on their chests suggesting electric breasts(?). Also, when Flint tries on a device he made it looks like underwear with all the trimmings. Went over my younger kids' heads but I don't know why they can't just make a KIDS movie anymore? Why does there always have to be sexual undertones in these movies? My 15 year old obviously got it but I find it harder and harder to take my kids anywhere these days
Parent Written bylauralibby88 September 29, 2013

Decent family fun movie

This was a really fun movie that had a central idea to stay true to yourself and the people you love. It was about not judging things from what others say, but taking time to see for yourself, and it was pretty funny. There was some violence and poor language, negative and derogatory words said too, or about characters. My son is sensitive to such themes, and it was okay for him, though a bit too scary in about 2-3 scenes. If you have sensitive children who feel this stuff is really or get upset easily or are under age 6, see it with caution. I would not take any kids under 4 to see this one in a theater. Otherwise, go and enjoy. Many jokes were more for the adults, "Butter! Parkay...." and the adults were laughing as much as the kids. I thought the first one was better all around family fun since it was less scary and younger kids could go too, but this was a good sequel.
Adult Written byJEDI micah February 9, 2014

Cute and colorful sequel.

It may not be the best sequel to a great original animated movie, or a nominee for "Best Animated Film", but it is quite enjoyable. The "food-imals" in the movie are pretty colorful and abundant throughout the movie. It also has great messages to kids, about who your real friends are, and which role model is really great to imitate. All in all, kids will love the continuation of their favorite naive yet clever scientist!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bymoonbeem16 October 6, 2013

Not my idea of a main dish

The original is still my favorite. Some funny food jokes but not nearly as entertaining as the first
Parent Written byDawn S February 17, 2014

I liked it but...

Some of the innuendos spelled out by other parents - flashing shapes on the robots that look like breasts...the bs-usb drive (wherein bs stands for exactly what an adult would think) - the name calling (idiot - loser - stupid) and the near swear words. One character says 'crap balls'. Its listed here as 'crab cakes' and elsewhere on the internet as 'crab balls' but the subtitles on the dvd itself say 'crap balls'. Either way, the phrase or insinuation of the phrase is bad news for a kids' movie. Overall I really want to like this movie - I love the characters and loved the puns. The carnivorous foodimals were pretty scary and could have been toned down for my taste.
Educator and Parent of a 5 year old Written byFougy14 February 16, 2014

5 year olds review

It's a very nice movie. Chester V's character was a little mean.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bytrixietrout October 5, 2013

Rent it if you watch it at all.

Very contrived and uninteresting story. I didn't even understand that the evil professor was trying to steal the technology for himself til about 1/2 way through the movie, so I can't imagine the kids did either. Seems like a money grab to me. Nowhere near as good as the first one. Rent it.