Kid reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Sequel gives new meaning to playing with your food.

Wondering if Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is OK for your kids?

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpyro124 December 26, 2016

Better than the prequel

Honestly, I not a fan of the series as with most things, but Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 was a blast. It had so much creativity and style in the animation. I may not give the series a A+ but I'll give the sequel a A-.

Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2014

Great Movie!

Awesome Movie! There was a few parts where i thought the violence would be a bit scary for the younger viewers. For Example: The Cheese burger monster (When they thought he/she was aggressive) I thought about the sexual tag, but i decided not to put it as it wasn't as sexual as other movies i have watched. I mean they wee just kissing nothing more than that. I want a pet Strawberry!!!! They are just Boyfriend and Girlfriend. I will finish my review with a funny quote,

"There's a *leak* in the boat!!!"

Teen, 14 years old Written byChristianSoldier August 4, 2020

This is not a kids movie, again

This one was WAY worse than the sequel in the area of who should be watching it. It's most appealing probably for 10-12 year olds, and they would have to be avid fans of the first movie.
There are three main problems I have with this movie:
1. Chester V's CONSTANT yoga mentions.
2. The rude humor and language.
3. The reset and sometimes mutated characters of the characters from the first movie.
First up is Chester V's yoga EVERYTHING!!! That guy just wasn't a sinister, creepy villain, he was downright ANNOYING. Every time he did the lotus pose with his hands or said "Namaste", I felt like wrapping him up with duct tape and letting the movie go on without him. (Besides, did this movie really need a villain like him?) I guess he was a good villain... but did they have to make him so annoying?
Second, the rude humor wasn't awful or strong, it was just also annoying. REALLY annoying. It was mostly focused on Baby/Chicken Brent (I don't even know what to call him now), but it was strewn out over the whole movie. I mean, come on! Even the end credits showed his bare bottom! (No, I'm serious. Why on earth did they put that in there?!) This movie was way less funny than the first one. Also, twice during the movie (maybe three times), I was pretty sure I heard "holy c**p balls", just like in the first movie. However, I did not watch this with subtitles, and this movie didn't get rated PG for "mild language", so it may not have been that. If they were indeed saying "crab balls", they could have at least made it more obvious. (Cue in Sid's perfectly distinguishable "Holy crab!" from Ice Age: Continental Drift.) And on the subject of language, Flint is called (albeit deserving it and not directly) "jerky". And that leads me to the third bad thing..."
WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE CHARACTERS?! Okay... Flint has not only been reset... but he's also been mutated. Reset means his character is back to where it was in the beginning of the first movie, and mutated means it's been changed. Live Corp. was driving me bonkers from the time it first showed up. And why did Flint drink so many lattes? On the island, Flint is easily persuaded by his "childhood hero" (who was never even mentioned in the first movie) to reject his friends for "science". I mean, "Flint's friends" were closer with each other than they were with him for most of the movie! Speaking of his friends... Sam Sparks and Tim Lockwood (Flint's father) were the only ones who remained in their last known characters, and Tim's had even been mutated a bit... albeit for the better. But Earl's introduction was extremely girly, and his character was kind of "sissy-ifed" for most of the movie. Manny was strange... it was like they were trying to fit his old character into the someone new he became in the last movie. What resulted was a completely new (and unrecognizable) character for him. Steve's character took a path similar to Manny's, only now when he says he's "helping!", he actually is! Brent is uh... just a comic relief character now. And he does his job terribly and with rude humor. Bottom line: Don't except the same characters as they were from the first movie.
(And one side note: I found the whole concept of an 'orangutan with a human brain inside of her ape brain' to be kinda creepy.)
The last 10-15 minutes of the movie was the best, and my favorite scene is when all the foodimals get their babies. (The baby cheese spiders were SO cute! As was the baby leek.)
"La Da Dee" was a very enjoyable song I liked even better than "Raining Sunshine" from the first movie.
In the end, this was an okay-ish movie... but the first movie was definitely better. I probably would never see it again, but it wasn't a horrible sequel. ONLY watch if you really liked the first movie... or maybe even then don't watch, if you think this might "wreck" the first movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2020

Good

Yes good indeed good messages and role models some violence funny some crude humer

Teen, 17 years old Written byGhostskye6666 July 29, 2020

Check it out if you want to

This is really good sequel to the first cloudy film though story is rehashed the villain is the same and the characters designs are lazy

Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimroseEverdeen January 19, 2020

Super Cute Movie!!!!

May include a couple spoilers: I love this movie because it is so fun and really interesting to watch. It's a great sequel to the first one! I think this movie would be for all ages except the fact that that half the movie you think a bunch of wild (fruit) are trying to hurt the characters, and the other half the characters are trying to save them from this crazy dude, who is trying to turn them into some sort of fruit bars, using some weird meat grinder-like thing. It seems as if he is about to drop some of the characters into it also, and it seems like they are about to die. One evil character does fall into the grinder thing and you can just hear him yelling which kinda disturbed me as a kid (haha). Amway, except for that, it's probably one of the only movies I've seen where the second movie is better then the first! Such a great movie highly recommend!

Kid, 8 years old January 17, 2019

The best movie in the world!

This movie was the best movie it kinda has bad language it’s still pretty good

Teen, 16 years old Written byBen29oak December 12, 2016

Just like the first

Like the first movie, it wasn't awful and can be weird, but it's perfect for children though. However, villain of the movie threatens to kill food that's alive.

Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Hilarious, dark, fresh spoof is great but has a bad message.

My rating:G
Teen, 13 years old Written byweaselaferret May 22, 2015

Is this really what I think it is?!

Was Flint always that dumb? Or annoying? I had to turn it off after not even a half an hour. There are a few inappropriate parts so far (a baby cow sticking out of a mother cow), and the whole plot so far is not even worth watching. He acts like he's three, for goodness sake! Not worth watching whatsoever.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 10, 2015

Sony didn't even try with this one

This movie was probably released to sell merchandise and make money. Because it was a total failure. It was confusing, unfunny and there was no Mr. T
Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2015

Great movie

It is a good movie although there is kissing at the beginning and the movie mentions the word "crap" twice. Overall, it was a great movie.

Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2014

Horrible

Horrible sequel. Scarier and tenser then the first one.

Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2014

Gr8 family film

Great family film great for kids aged 4-9 but a bit boring for kids aged 10+

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieagerater May 24, 2014

I don't like the movie that much but it's fine

Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Better Than It's Prequel, Awesome Story And Funny Characters..

I Obviously Think This One Is Better Than It's Prequel CWACOM1. Better Ending, Better Storyline And Contains Some Really Funny Characters Like Barry The Strawberry And The Police Officer.. Nothing Explicit Here Except A Kiss..

Teen, 13 years old Written byjackojacko2000 January 27, 2014

Fun movie for most ages

I went and watched this with my younger brother (4 years old) and it was fine. The scary scenes were not that scary. No innuendo. Only very slight language. He loved it so much (he won't stop talking about the cheeseburger-spider!)

Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

Cloudy with a Chance of Success

All the violence is is the food monsters. Otherwise, it's fine.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff January 18, 2014

Pretty good.

My friend and I enjoyed the original, so we were looking forward to this sequel. Well, on my Christmas break, we took a vacation to North Carolina, I saw this sequel at a dollar theater after eating lunch at Bojangle's (awesome chicken place). It was a great sequel, not as good as the original, but still very good. The CGI was fantastic, the acting was good, it was quite funny, and the food-imals were kinda cool. The only flaw is that I got bored in a few parts. Other than that, it was pretty good.
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

All About Food!

I think this was a very funny movie.There are some scary clips in the movie but I think it could only scare kids 4 and under. the movie was all about food that are alive! I thought it would be bad but it was pretty good!

Educational Value