All teen and kid member reviews for Cloverfield

Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2010

Am I missing something?

This movie was not good. Maybe it gets better as it prgresses but I could only bear 45 minutes. It was really boring and confusing. The fact that a monster was attacking the city just made the movie unbelievable and stupid. I would not suggest this movie to anyone.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2010
I thought it was ok. The ending was, i think, pretty bad (sad really not violent). Not too sexual, but i liked it overall.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 April 24, 2010

:D

It would been 5 stars, it was so cool, but i got sick from the shaky camera
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnimanni September 15, 2011

lol

it's awesomeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycutiepiee April 25, 2010

early teens and older teens

the movie overall is absolutely fantastic and the way they did it with the video camera is really clever, however it does include human size spider things attacking people and a giant one aswell. This movie also has on girl bitten by one and through a curtain she gets shot, blood splattering the curtain hope this helps/
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoralinefan02062009 May 12, 2011

Cloverfield = Success

Cloverfield is a bloody but excellent alien invasion movie. Some people may complain about the camera, but it's realistic and it honestly wasn't annoying. Overall, if you like alien invasion movies then watch it, some bloody scenes, and the special effects were really good, great ending as well.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJadenp May 13, 2011

Great movie teens+

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and terror, disturbing images, and language. Great movie! Language isn't THAT bad... no f words. Just about 18 sh**'s. Fine for teens
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

Good movie

This movie is more suspensiveful than scary. I dont remember if there is alot of blood or not. People say it is funny but it is not funny at all. I think there should be a sequel. Good movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byyesman-1 June 23, 2011

meh...

this movie is another cliche monster movie with a (spoiler alert?) crappy ending... its got some cool parts, but its mostly just a shaky camera and nervous moments..
Teen, 16 years old Written byJourdy288 October 24, 2010

I was impressed!

Cloverfield is, in my opinion, an excellent monster movie. Shot in first person, the film is definitely quite frightening (it's almost as if you're in the movie!). Acting was decent, as was the script. There was some violence, primarily against the monsters that invaded the city, and the film was definitely quite frightening. I could not recommend it to younger children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjjz514 October 26, 2010

Good for little thrill seekers, but not that scary

Absolutely great film. I thought action, and suspense built up the story, and made the ending very good. I thought that the characters were good role models for caring for others, and not just running away, instead going towards the action to rescue someone. This movie did in some way remind of the Alien/Predator movies, I don't think this really counts as spoiling, but very slowly, but surely, the characters all die off except for 1. All in all, this is a great film if you are a small thrill seeking audience.
Teen, 16 years old Written byminaj August 5, 2010

alien

it was fine good even if it looked like a homemade video but some graphics were disturbing
Kid, 11 years old March 4, 2011

perfect for 10+ year olds or Even 9 Year olds with parental supervision

I've seen this movie its bloody but not gory only one girl survives at the end of the movie also this movie is from the direcor of Let me In
Kid, 11 years old December 11, 2010
AWSOME!!!This movie is pretty gory but not too bad...
Teen, 16 years old Written byRoemilca August 15, 2010

some disturbing scenes push the "PG-13" limit.

Honestly this movie just depends on if you get scared easily or not. There's a LOT of things you didn't mention though. A main character sees the monster and becomes mentally unstable for the rest of the movie, she later gets a grotesque gash from being bitten, and her eyes start to bleed and she explodes behind a curtain. In that scene, there's also someone who's (supposedly) dead, with a hole where his stomach should be. You only see that for a couple of seconds, but it really pushed the limit. There's also another seen with a woman who got pinned to the ground by an object that impaled her through the chest. It gets pulled out, and obviously that's a bit graphic. It was a bit too much for me when I saw it, so make sure your child can handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 July 29, 2010

Coverfield

This movie is made from a hand held camera and it can get a little annoying when it shakes and spins, at least that's what i thought.
Teen, 14 years old Written byicedragon236 July 15, 2010
this is a really good movie and i love it
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 June 8, 2010

iffy

Most of the sex and drinking is in the immediate beginning, while the rest of the film is violence. It's still good and worth seeing. Don't expect much in terms of an overall story to the beast.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYouDecide July 10, 2015

CloverField

Well I've have seen CloverField and parents look there are 3 scenes you have to be careful about one a woman blows up because she was infected by one of CloverField parasites 2 sexual conversations in the party not too bad but just be careful one of the camera guys got eaten by clover/alien some blood language and action very very little you know kissy in it lol and I think that's all really if you're very very concerned about your children just watch it first before you let your children watch YouDecide~
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2011

Cloverfield aint scary but it feels like a roller coaster

This movie is very intresting it is like a 80 minute movie but it feels like a 35 minute movie it shows the monsters in the movie if they put his movie in IMAX some people would get motion sickeness buy this movie on DVD or blu-ray P.S this movie aint even scary