Kid reviews for Creed

Feel-good Rocky-saga drama is both a hit and a miss.

Kid, 9 years old November 25, 2015

Feel-good, but brutal and sometimes gory boxing movie has sex.

This boxing drama focuses on a man named Jon, but he is only 20, or 19 years old. He is a boxer in training, who knows he's the son of the famous boxer, Apollo Creed. Rocky, trains him throughout some brutal fights, which lead him to a showdown with the best boxer in the world. The violence gets pretty brutal, and graphic at times, but there is no shooting, or stabbing. Characters are punished, have their eyes swelled, and have tons of bloody graphic wounds. There is lots of blood, but most of it is just cracking bounds, and bashing wounds. There are also some sex scenes, characters kiss, and undress each other, but nothing is graphic. There is loads of swearing, including racist language, f--k, s--t, hell, damn, etc. It's quite a good movie, but it's an old saga, and there are some non deal secrets. My rating:PG-13 some brutal boxing violence, gory/graphic images, sexuality, brief partial nudity, and some alcohol use.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAge review kid November 29, 2015

Disappointing Rocky flick is heavy on violence light on fun

My rating:PG-13 for MMA sports violence,thematic elements and brief strong language
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 December 22, 2015

Your legacy is more than a name, indeed.

Creed is one of the best movies of 2015. With strong performances, especially from Sylvester Stallone, an excellent script, mind-blowing boxing scenes (the first one with the long take is astounding) and raw emotion, Creed is the second best film in the franchise behind Rocky. Grade: A+.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNadia_Ferguson12 December 1, 2015

It was good but it got off track a little

Some parts were really scattered over the place like in the beginning they should have started with the boys mom and not a fighting scene in a jail it made everything kind of huhish. I don't think that Bianca was needed much but she was important in the end. I really did like the whole story line though and I really did like it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfeminist91101 March 2, 2016

creed

creed is an amazing movie. there is one f word and one sex scene with no nudity. but it is so good. i love all the rocky films and this is just as great as all of them.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDrSoup007 January 20, 2016

Exceeding expectations with new characters and new heart

It's great to see the Rocky franchise back in action, and not only that but throwing some of it's best punches yet. Maybe it's due to the fact that Creed is certainly more culturally close to me, or that I can relate more to the relevance of the time. I wasn't around when any of the other Rocky movies were released, and thus, seeing them years later, while I can appreciate it, I don't have that experience of knowing what it was like and how the past Rocky movies captured the time. So for me, this was relatable, not that I box or anything. The visual style was very well presented, the boxing scenes were all unique and fun to watch, and the story was absolutely great. Michael B. Jordan, and Rocky, er I mean, Stallone, both give great performances, and the characters we're all natural additions to the franchise. I can't wait to see if this all expands, and I'm glad with where it's at now.

Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2016
There is much violence, but it is ok with me.

Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

A boxing movie with life lessons involved

Creed is a powerful movie physically and mentally. There is a lot of language and a few sexual clips. There is some blood violence, but great messages rule the movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRagnurhelgon April 29, 2016

Not really as action packed or as great as the original rockys

I think this is a family movie and you can watch this with your kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byAdam Atom April 3, 2016

Really Great Movie

Emotional, intense, and great, Creed is a perfect movie for Rocky fans
Teen, 16 years old Written byJweb52 November 23, 2016

One of the best movies I've ever seen!

Teen, 15 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 5, 2016

"Creed" movie review

"Creed" was one of my most anticipated films of 2015. I really enjoy watching the "Rocky" films. "Rocky" was a film that revolutionized the sports movie genre in 1976. It is to date one of my favorite movies ever made. The sequels are inferior, but still fine. "Creed" is the best film in the "Rocky" franchise since the original. "Creed" is an emotionally driven and well-acted motion picture. It is a great reminder of why this franchise is good. Michael B. Jordan as Adonius Creed was a great performance and I look forward to seeing him in more films. That being said, Sylvester Stallone is my favorite aspect of "Creed". He gave the best performance of his career. His portrayal of Rocky was very nostalgic. The audience can feel the guilt for being somewhat responsible in Apollo Creed's death. I also liked how he portrayed Rocky aging and taking life easier. The boxing sequences are shot nearly perfectly and are very riveting sequences. My issues with the film are the music choices and the early boxing sequences. I just felt that those aspects felt uneven. Other than that, "Creed" is one of my favorite films of 2015 and I highly recommend it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Reel Aisle Seat January 1, 2016

"Creed" Review

I don't usually give a movie five stars. Most of the time, I can find some kind of flaw that drops it down to four stars. I only give it five stars if I thought that it was flawless (or very, very close to flawless). "Creed" surprisingly makes that list. It is a spin-off to the "Rocky" series, where the son of the late Apollo Creed, named Adonis (Michael B. Jordan) decides to quit his job and become a full-time boxer. He asks his dad's old rival, but really good friend Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) to train him, and Balboa reluctantly agrees. Soon, the press finds out that the son of Apollo Creed is boxing, and Adonis ends up scheduling a fight with the top rated boxer in their division. But, Rocky ends up fighting a bigger fight, but I won't reveal any spoilers on that front. I expected "Creed" to be an average boxing movie, but it was much, much, better. The acting is great, especially from Sylvestor Stallone, who may end up winning an Oscar. Michael B. Jordan bounces back from an awful performance in "Fantastic Four" to give a nice performance in "Creed". Possibly the best element of the whole movie, though, is Ryan Coogler in the director's chair. His only other movie as director was award-winning movie "Fruitvale Station", which also starred Jordan, but he gives the "Rocky" series a breath of fresh air. He lets the series center more around Adonis, but there are lots and lots of references to the previous installments, so they aren't forgotten in any way. Despite Rocky's lesser role in this, they don't try to write him off or give him a big grand finale in this. In fact, it doesn't feel like a spin-off, but instead a sequel. Coogler successfully finds a balance in making a new, rejuvenated story around a younger character, and still finding ways to please older fans of the acclaimed series. I am definitely looking forward to the next movie in the series, hopefully it won't be too long before it comes out. PARENT'S GUIDE: I am reviewing this a little late, but "Creed" is still a great movie to see sometime if you haven't seen it. This is a boxing movie, and the boxers sustain quite a few injuries, especially in the last fight. Blood is visible, and in one case, a boxer's eye is swollen shut. There is one f-word, and two or three uses of the n-word, as well as some scattered uses of the s-word. Sex is implied once, but not much is seen. There isn't any drug use and limited alcohol use. This should be fine for most teenagers, as long as they are not bothered by boxing. Recommended Age: 14+, Mature 12+

Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbigail18817 October 3, 2018

Creed

If you liked the Rocky movies than you will love creed. It's all about family and the sport of friendship, and the ability to get back up. I loved this movie.

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2018

continuation of Rocky movies, some non-appropriate themes and content

Creed is based on the hero's journey of Adonis Creed, son of Apollo Creed, there are some dramatic and intense moments that younger kids may not understand. Definitely for older kids. Language may be an issue.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrianKerr July 9, 2018

A Little Disappointing

Creed claims to be a Rocky movie, when it really isn't. It copies the original Rocky and is a huge change, and that huge change is not for the better. A decent movie, with a great cast and Sylvester Stallone's return to the dramatic Rocky was great.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlackSheep15 March 31, 2016

Solid Film

"Creed" was a good film! Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone were great in their roles as Adonis Creed and Rocky Balboa, respectively. The film centers around the aforementioned Adonis Creed, the illegitimate son of Apollo Creed (the fictional character that fought Rocky Balboa in the "Rocky" films. ) Adonis, or Donnie Johnson, as he goes by in the film, decides to resign from his day job to pursue boxing full-time. He then moves from LA to Philadelphia, where he turns to Rocky to train him. This acts as the foundation for the film's plot. The plot and characters of "Creed" were all solid, believable and likable; though, many argue that the film could have easily done without Bianca, Adonis' love interest in the motion picture. I was not bothered by her character or the relationship, though I do admit that it did very little for the film itself. Creed obviously contained a great deal of violence, considering that it is a boxing film. Swearing included the: n-word, s-word, one use of the f-word, and other mild profanity throughout. The film had one scene of passionate kissing and an implication of something more, but that was the extent it went to on-screen. This was a wonderful film, and I highly recommend it to anyone over the age of thirteen!

Teen, 15 years old Written byAge critical reviews February 22, 2016