All parent member reviews for Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byFun with sense November 27, 2013

Great for big kids as well as preschool kids-- and Moms too...

Funny and filled with great messages-- and that's from a 10 year old boy and an 8 year old girl! Curious George is entertaining for large and small kids. I even enjoyed it as a Mom. No commercialism and great social messages.
Educator and Parent Written bymamacita135 September 29, 2012

We love George!

This is my son's favorite movie! We love that this movie has a fun story line, cute music, absolutely no scary or sad parts, and our favorite monkey; George!
Parent Written byLou123 November 11, 2011

Lovely safe movie for little kids with no scariness

I have been searching for a movie for my 3 and 5 year olds that is not too emotional or scary. This movie is the best one I have found. My kids watch it over and over. It has sweet music and my kids love the funny George-making-messes moments. It's so nice to finally find a move that doesn't take my kids on an emotional rollercoaster, but just makes them happy. No bad guys or 'getting lost' or sadness or worry. Just fun. I wish there were more movies like this.
Adult Written bylbutler March 18, 2011

Great holiday movie

My then 2 year old, now a 3 year old loved this movie from the beginning and still does, as do I. This is a fun, cute movie with very George-like mishaps and a very happy ending. If you love George, you should love this movie!
Parent Written bykimcsw February 9, 2010

Clean positive movie for young children.

Movie theater quality movie. Very positive movie. First time the man in the yellow hat admits his adoptive parental role as a "monkey parent". The father and son like love between the man in the yellow hat and George is so touching in this movie. The patience and understanding the man in the yellow hat has for George during a lot of the movie's events is an admirable model for parents of toddlers and young children to emulate. Loved the "It's a Wonderful Life" style dream the man in the yellow hat had with the clockmaker in the role of the angel. Loved the positive gift that George ultimately chooses to give the man in the yellow hat. My son loved it!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymellybean1226@h... December 10, 2009

George is always cute.

Very cute.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byanshulneema December 4, 2009

ok

ok
Parent of a 4 year old Written byjhowes November 29, 2009

Fine family show with a few weak points

As a big fan of the Curious George television program on PBS (5 stars), I had high hopes for this. The inclusion of a few original songs--seemingly gratuitous in Christmas specials--was jarringly out of place and even my four year old was looking at me with confusion. The man in the yellow hat has a harmless Scrooge-inspired dream sequence that lasts for quite a long time. This was a bit abstract for my four year old son; he understood that he was dreaming but the point was lost, disrupting an otherwise straightforward Curious George story. Nothing wrong with this show, it just doesn't measure up to the usual program quality. The overall message is good--that spending time together is better than any gift. Harmless and (mostly) fun for the holidays.