Parent reviews for Daphne & Velma

Daphne & Velma Poster Image

I loved it.

Great soundtrack. A few teen movie cliches can’t change the sweet vibe and excellent takedown of social media ranking that the story brings. Girl power! More daphne and MORE VELMA!

Fairly innocent but plot is lame

The plot makes very little sense and the acting is hokey. But it is pretty innocent for kids. There are a few things that weren't mentioned in the "sexy stuff" category. One boy refers to himself as "hunky." The principal's "Alexa-type" machine erroneously posts her "bikini pics" to the internet, though the pics are not shown. I'm only halfway through this movie so far with my kids, and overall it's pretty cheesy. There are a lot of good things about it, too. My kids are liking it and they are 5,8 and 10. They do say it's a little scary/creepy. But they watch Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings and Narnia with no issues, so I'm actually a little surprised they find it scary. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Good if u just wanna have a good family fun

Everybody likes scooby doo, I mean, that’s the best cartoon ever! And it’s so cool to have an movie with two great female characters getting to themselves a spotlight. Kids will loved it! And bet that you that have an special place in your heart for Scooby’s gang, just like me, Will enjoy it! :)

Excellent silly/fun tech-filled mystery/spooky tale for kids and adults

It's a hidden gem. The movie has nothing to do with Scooby the dog, and probably would have been better with a different title. All parts of the story don't make perfect sense, but are silly fun instead. It's really tech-heavy for if your kids are into tech. There's nothing really scary in it, but it has some spooky aspects (spooky/eerie sounds, dark-clothed mystery figure and robot spiders), that I think would frighten kids under 13. Enjoy.

Fun Movie parent of 8 year old

This movie is cute and entertaining. It also shows girls being independent and having fun solving mysteries. It shows positive friendships and has only mild scares. Is it the best movie ever? No, but it was campy and enjoyable with positive messages of forming independence from parents, being a good friend, and not looking away when something not right is happening.

Great new direction

The other reviews here are terrible. Seriously the fact that all you can focus on is that Scooby isnt mentioned, or that you didn't ask for a spin off is disheartening. The truth is the story is pretty good for kids. Both lead girls do an excellent job, especially Velma, and as an adult I found myself chuckling at some of the one liners and situations. Seriously, by the end of the movie Velmas one liners are hilarious. The dialogue is witty, and smart. The rest of the cast are good in their acting roles as well and Daphne and Velma are fantastic at making girls see they dont nees boys, or a dog, to have their own adventure. It wasnt overly long, and the story was coherent enough to make sense. Th nonly drawbacks I had were a couple pacing and logic issues. But hey, it IS a kids movie. Ditch the people that can't get past whining about the lack of Scooby and take in a film that I find an exciting new direction for a franchise that had been stagnant for years. Its a lot of fun!

Daphne and Velma Review

Let all be honest and ask our selves, who asked for a new Scooby- Doo spin-off? I sure didn't. Daphne and Velma takes place before the Scooby gang even formed. The acting is okay, not very good. The film also gets quite boring and stupid. Little kids might find this entertaining, but the rest of us, complete torture. I'm gonna give Daphne and Velma a 2/10.

Two word; gar bage

The characters look like low budget cosplayers that know barely anything about the characters, it's boring, and honestly it made the other live action scooby do movies look like masterpieces. Then there's the obvious problem; this is a scooby doo movie without even a mention of said talking dog. If they wanted a girl detective story why not just make a Nancy drew movie?