Kid reviews for Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix Poster Image

Exciting Conclusion to Superhero Action Series is Worthwhile

Parents need to know that Dark Phoenix is the thrilling conclusion to the X-Men franchise. It is action packed, fast paced, superbly acted and worthwhile. This film follows Jean Grey trying to cope with being imbued with the Phoenix Force. As for inappropriate content, some moderate violence and strong language.

Dark Phoenix is a amazing movie and it couldn’t get any better! There’s only about 2 language words, and one violent bit, but in general it my fav movie ❤️, I do not let my 5 year old brother watch it yet, I might just let him wait a bit! I’m 14 and I just think the age rating is probably 11 and up! The actors were all good and if you’ve watched, first class and apocalypse you would recognise these characters! They all played great, romance it handled really well, only 2 or 3 kissing bits and they are not extreme. The reason I chose the age rating mainly is because younger kids may get frightened, there may be scary bits that kids don’t like, you may want to tell them to close their eyes maybe. But it would be much scarier for them if they were in the theatre, but luckily this is out of the movies. So in general I love this movie, and when you think about it my favourite character from x-men is *JEAN GREY*, then your right! My name is Jean so I might as well make Jean grey my favourite character! You should definitely watch dark Phoenix!

It’s an okay movie

It’s worth watching but I don’t think that you’ll be very impressed with it overall. The graphics aren’t all that great, there’s lots of violence(but barely any blood is shown except in one major part in the movie), and one use of f***ing. Overall it’s just fine for ages 12 and up because in my opinion 12 year olds could definitely handle this movie.

Dark Phoenix is an exciting finale to the XMen franchise. Theres lots of violence (not graphic), a couple instances of strong language, and some kissing between main characters. The film is quite intense and emotional, and could be to much for younger viewers. The movie is exciting, heartbreaking, and one that X-Men fans are sure to enjoy.

Meh

Odd X-Men finale has dark violence, some cursing

Dark Phoenix is an odd way to end the X-Men series. It didn’t really seem to tie in to many of the previous movies, but did do justice on making a dark Phoenix saga adaptation. The movie is pretty dark and violent, but older tweens are fun watching it. Educational Value: 1/5. Kids may learn about controlling your emotions and the value of friendship. Positive Messages: 2/5. Some messages about controlling your emotions and the value of friendship. Positive Role Models: 2/5. Jean Grey manages to find her way back from the dark side, but hurts a few people along the way. Mutants like Charles, Beast, Mystique and Cyclops help Jean Grey come back from the dark side. Violence: 4/5. Some pretty intense violence. Jean Grey loses herself and injures a lot of people on the way. There’s plenty of combat using superpowers and guns. (Spoiler Alert: Two key characters die, which may upset younger viewers.) There’s a bit of arguing throughout. A car crash happens at the beginning of the movie, which may upset younger viewers. Sex: 2/5. Couples flirt and kiss a few times. Raven and Hank and Jean and Scott seem to live together, and kiss and hug in rooms together. Language: 2/5. There’s one use of “f**king”, as well as infrequent uses of “s**t”, “damn” and “Jesus Christ” as an exclamation. Consumerism: 1/5. Nothing in the movie, but off-screen there’s a bunch of X-Men/Marvel merchandise. Drinking, Drugs & Smoking: 2/5. Characters drink at a big party, and Jean downs a few drinks. Adults drink in a few scenes. Charles pours some whiskey during a sad moment. Overall, Dark Phoenix is an okay X-Men movie, and fans of the X-Men franchise will be mighty thrilled with all the action in this movie. But parents should make sure their kids can handle some upsetting moments.

Great movie

In my opinion this is the best X-Men movie. I think it also has positive messages because professor x helps Jean using words and never hurts her.

It was ok, nothing special

There are several very disturbing scenes, like the car crash in the beginning, Raven's death, etc. There is much gore of course. For me, it was more psychological than anything else because it made you think about why this is happening, what happened in the past, what's currently happening, things like that. It's kinda cool if you ignore the tragedy part of the movie, but it's just very sad. I feel sad for the characters, especially Jean. The movie itself is nothing special. I was expecting something better. If you're not a hard-core Marvel fan, don't bother with this movie.

Disappointing end to a fantastic franchise

⚠️SPOILERS⚠️ The X-Men movies have always been a very loved series which will remain close to my heart forever. However I was very disappointed about dark Phoenix and unfortunately could not bring myself to finish this film. This review can only go so far since I have not watched it all but after hearing a few reviews it didn’t sound like I was missing out on much anyway. I initially really enjoyed the beginning. I thought that the backstory of Jean was very interesting and gave her character some more depth. I also liked the idea that her powers were growing due to her consuming the space energy. However, I was not so happy to hear that there was going to be a main character death in this film, which just so happened to be my all time favourite character played by my all time favourite actress. Unfortunately this is where I had to stop the film. Reason being is to begin with, I was already crying, and secondly, I didn’t want to have to watch the rest of the film without her. I’m sure I will come back to this movie at some point and finish it, but honestly, I’m not sure if I want to. Personally I felt that it was a real let down to the series and I just hope that The New Mutants movie doesn’t let down the franchise as much as Dark Phoenix did. I still believe that the acting and cgi were beautiful though, I just wasn’t a fan of the story line.