Kid reviews for Dark Phoenix

Sophie Turner is best part of intense, dark X-Men finale.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMystic Hugo June 8, 2019

Worth a Watch

(SOME SPOILERS AHEAD) This film is definitely underrated. And critics are definitely exaggerating about it. That doesn't mean they're totally wrong though. The movie can get quite boring at times. The action sequences are definitely disappointing. And this whole X-Women thing didn't turn out like the writers had hoped. It was just cringe and sexist to be honest. And then for the women in the film just started dying left right and center. Every one of them except Storm who was under-used. The deaths didn't really mean much. Everyone knew Raven would die from the trailers and we didn't have enough time with this version of Jean to fully empathize and care about her character arc. Overall, it's worth a watch, especially since this is the last X-Men film (although that honor should of really gone to Logan). Onto whether you should bring your kid, kind of depends on the age. There was quite a lot of gore and they really showed the amount of injury that this would cause in real life (pat on the back for them but again, quite gory). One use of the F word. Apart from that I didn't notice much or any swearing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoel_5762 June 7, 2019

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Film Review

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is just fine. It isn't amazing but it doesn't completely suck. Critics are definitely over-exaggerating. It is definitely an action filled movie and the action sequences are amazing but at times violent which could upset young kids. Sophie Turner does a pretty good job as Jean Grey and there are some nice moments between characters. However, the plot is rushed and certain plot points are brushed over. There are violent deaths and an F bomb as well as S words are used. In conclusion, this film is an okay/just fine movie and now I'm certainly more excited for the future of the X-Men now that they're owned by Disney/Marvel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDat Movie Guy June 12, 2019

Very disappointing...

I went into this movie with very high expectations. The problem is, this is a dull and sort of boring film. This is not the epic finale X men fans like myself deserved. I also expected a dark film but I found it to be WAY to safe.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2019

Very dark and intense

I saw Dark Phoenix with my dad because we had time to kill before attending a concert. We both enjoyed the film very much. Although it was very dark and violent at times, the actors, especially Sophie Turner portraying Jean Grey, made the movie excellent and a great X-men finale. (I would not recommend letting anyone under a mature 10 watch this movie. My 8 year old sister wanted to watch but I am glad she was not with us because the film is very disturbing for younger children.)
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2019

The trailer makes you think the movie will be EPIC, clearly that's not the reality of it.

This movie takes place after X-men: Apocalypse. In this film, the X-men have gone their separate ways, and mutants are no longer a threat to humanity. The remaining X-men that still live in the X-Mansion are now sent on missions by the government. In this film, there is the classic violence that you would expect in normal X-men movies; kicking, punching, hitting, throwing, blasting, e.t.c. In the movie, there are many flashbacks to Jean's past life, which helps the viewers get to understand more of her. A scene where a parent is killed by her own daughter; the daughter is shown accidentally flipping the car over using telekinesis when she is still discovering her powers; there is some blood shown, the dead parent's head is marked with a deep scratch. An alien race has the power to kill anybody by twisting that person's stomach. A man is shown in a hospital, a cast around his neck. A mutant is shown holding a knife, he eventually stabs multiple people with it. A girl electrocutes many people. A main character is thrown and stabbed in the stomach by a sharp wooden object. Some sexual references; a boy and a girl are shown living in the same room, it is obvious that they sleep together; they eventually kiss multiple times. Some teenagers are shown drinking at a party, some swear words.
Teen, 15 years old Written byaurorabrooke June 15, 2019

Great Movie!

Of course this movie has violence in it, it’s X-Men! But it’s not like is gory or graphic, just superhero styled fighting. It’s pretty dark and gets into really deep subjects but the ending is great and has good messages. The charecters are dynamic and interesting. Unless you don’t like to show your children movies with swearing and little bits with alcohol this movie is fine.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJonah23382448 June 13, 2019

The greatest x-men movie

Violence was not as bad as I thought there was some stuff I need to talk about like when Jean grey accdently killed mystique by blasting her into a house and Jean grey flipped over a car Nightclawer went on a killing spree and made someone get hit by a train. Sexual references wasn't that bad we saw some kissing and hugging and that's it. There was some people turn into dust and some bad words and that's it
Teen, 13 years old Written byDimi Dr June 12, 2019

Fantastic

It is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It gas only some violence.

Kid, 8 years old June 12, 2019

Outstanding intense X-men finale is violent

Parents need to know that Dark Phoenix is said to be the last film in the X-Men first class series. The movies outstanding performance comes from the overall story and amazing acting. This might be as good as Endgame and the bad ratings from rotten tomatoes are really not positive. But if you see the movie yourself you will most likely love it. The movies story is about from the X-men's previous mission when Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix) is experiencing loss of control. To live up to it's name it gets very dark and intense with lots of Jean loosing control with her talking in a very intense way. There is a lot of intense violence throughout some resulting in some blood and gore. There is an intense flashback of a car crash with lots of blood. Also Sci-Fi superpower violence once one character tries to take another character's powers with a intense climatic sequence. There are a few sad deaths and how one father gets scared of her own daughter and does not care about of her and just poor's her to another person which might result in some tears. Also whenever Jean gets mad bad things happen with intense deaths and violent confrontations with lots of stabbing and telekinesis. There is some extremely infrequent strong language including one F--K, S--T, A--, and Damn all of these words just used once possibly twice. There is lots of positive role models and messages from the characters and sacrifices. Off-screen merchandising and more but this will be a very fun choice for mature tweens and teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIKnewHimHoratio June 11, 2019

Captivating for Admirers of the Series

An action-infused installment of the cinematic X-Men series. The story will be best appreciated by individuals having preexisting knowledge of and attachment placed in the ensemble of characters in the films. Motifs present in Dark Phoenix consist of the realization of self-identity, perseverance, hope, and the power of family beyond blood. Many characters struggle with the compelling will to seek revenge which leads to characters committing violent acts and facing the bitterness of betrayal. Highly recommended for lovers of fantastical science-fiction, especially those who have a positive history with past X-Men films.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac20053378 June 11, 2019

It’s not better than endgame THO!!

I love the movie it’s really good I enjoyed 9.8/10

Teen, 17 years old Written bythermanwhannell June 10, 2019

Impressed

The movie is amazing. Every Marvel fan must watch it. Everything is well done. Soundtrack 10/10. Acting 10/10. CGI 10/10.

Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2019

A Good Movie!

The dark Phoenix was a good movie that is definitely worth a watch. Critics are over exaggerating. Dark Phoenix did a good job wrapping up the X-men franchise. Some parts can be a little intense and there are some sad deaths. However there were eight year olds in the theater who seemed to be really enjoying the movie. For most kids the language isn’t something new and they should be fine. Imauture kids may have a few problems watching this movie though. In the end Jean completes her character arc and is one of the strong female role models of the x-men. Not my favorite, but this is a very interesting movie that you should definitely watch!