Parent reviews for Deja Vu

Deja Vu Poster Image

Breast shown

A woman is about to get in the shower and she turns around exposing her full left breast which is very visible.

4 people found this helpful.

Brief Nudity and Violence Not for young viewers

Its a good movie for adults and older teens. My concerns for the younger viewers would be the violence as there is alot in this film, including a man getting shot and burned, and a bomb blowing up a ship with many people on board, body bags lined up. Language wasn't an issue in this movie however NUDITY was a women is seen completely naked her breasts and butt are both visible as she gets into the shower.

4 people found this helpful.

A Riveting, Violent Thriller...

Just to head this review off, I think that DEJA VU should have been rated R. It's fine for most kids 15 and up, but intense violence makes it unsuitable for most kids who will want to see it. The film has a very gritty feel to it, and though the violence isn't particularly graphic, it is very harrowing to watch. One scene where a man is covered in oil, shot through the head, and then set on fire seems pretty harsh for a PG-13 rating. The film opens with a ferry containing 500+ soldiers and their families (the camera focuses on children) explodes, killing everyone. We see scorched bodies in the water, and greiving family members. We also see the badly burned body of the main female character, missing a few fingers on one hand. We hear a verbal description of her murder (she was killed similarly to the man I mentioned before). Also, a man explodes with a car bomb underwater, a second man is shot in the head (not graphic), and we see several bloody scratches and wounds on people. The whole plot is too mature for kids, and deals with themes like vigilantism and terrorism. Though the villain is obviously a poor role model, the two main characters sacrifice their well-being and possibly their lives to do what they think is right. There is some mild language ("b**ch", "a*s", "d**n") and one scene shows a split second view of the side of a female character's breast as she steps into the shower.

1 person found this helpful.
not rated for age
not rated for age

Made me dizzy

This was a good movie and I saw it twice in the theatre, but it is quite violent and disturbing for kids.