Kid reviews for Dolittle

Not the king of the jungle, but still cute; some peril/guns.

Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2020

Doesn't have an audience

This movie doesn't have an audience. Too confusing for anyone under 9, and a waste of time for anyone over 10. When I say 9, I really mean 9 and no one else.

The only thing is it says 'Damn' at the end.

There are some action scenes.

Potty humor mayhem. Dolittle does little. All he does is clear something out of the dragon. How is this fun to watch?

I wouldn't recommend it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypaleskinnychild March 24, 2020

Good movie, but not interesting.

I saw this movie with my family in theaters. I would say it’s an ok movie, but not interesting.

I saw another review saying that it’s “too boring for anyone 10+” and that kinda sums it up. It’s one of those movies that you go to the theater for when there isn’t really any better movie to see. Exciting movie to see in theaters, but only because of the setting and the snacks. If I had the chance to view it at home, I wouldn’t take it. Younger kids might enjoy, and I mean younger kids. Not like 10, like 2nd graders. That’s about it.

I think it does have a great message, but it’s neither exciting nor interesting. Might be a nice movie to see if bored while in quarantine, but other than that, it’s nothing special.

Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2020

Dolittle review

This movie was cute and pretty cool. Not any kids movie you haven’t seen before though. It had a pretty talented cast. There are a lot of positive messages that the characters put out there that your kids can learn. There are also a few things that tell you about animals. There’s not too much violence, though there is some that includes shooting, animal attacks, and mostly slapstick violence. Though be warned this movie does has quite some toilet humor. Language doesn’t really include anything horrible just things like “damn, oh my god, hell, etc...) There’s also a few cute off sentences. No drinking or drugs. Sexual things come as close as a kiss on the cheek or flirting, though one of the big characters references to having a “massive stinger”. Overall this movie is pretty good but just your everyday kids movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHydroPlaysXband... February 21, 2020

OK family film for older kids. OK performances, bad script, etc.

Just to get this out of the way, I loved Robert Downey JR in this film, but he deserved better. There are some funny moments, and some cool effects and action. This movie isn’t super mature, but there is some peril. Meh, if you have the time watch it. It’s a good kids film. But not much else.
Violence: Some scenes of cartoony fantasy and action including: Some explosions, dragons, punching, and stuff like that. There is no blood or gore in this film.
Language: I can’t completely remember, but there are some usages of crude words, but nothing that involves hard swearing such as the s word and stuff.
Sex: A reference to “berry berries” and some crude jokes. A few dirty jokes are said that will fly over kids heads like a reference to a “massive stinger.”
Consumption: Medicine
Extra: There is some peril and intense moments. Some pretty good role models and messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMa89 February 20, 2020

Good

Teen, 13 years old Written byBreeMaeve February 12, 2020

Really great movie!

I loved this movie! There was no swearing at all, and it was a great easy-watch type of movie! It had a great cast and it was really funny too.

Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2020

Dolittle 2020 | Movie Review

(Minor Spoilers Ahead)

Robert Downey Jr. kicks off his post-MCU career with a remake of Dr. Dolittle. To be honest, I think that this movie was fine. I don’t understand why so many people absolutely despise it. But, there were some problems with the movie.

First off, I think that the CGI was good, not bad at all, but it could have been better. Secondly, I think that the voice casting was great, there were some voices that really fit in with the animal they were voicing. My favorites were John Cena as a polar bear, Rami Malek as a gorilla, and Tom Holland as a dog. It had a nice and family-friendly adventure that I enjoyed watching as well. There was a unique plot, that I didn’t really like nor dislike, but just was part of it. But now, moving on to the not-so-great stuff of this movie.

Robert Downey Jr.’s performance of Dr. Dolittle was bizarre. I wasn’t really bothered by his accent, but I needed a while to get used to it. To be honest, it wasn’t THAT good of a performance. But there was one scene that almost killed it for me. There is a scene where Dolittle pulls out a bagpipe from a dragons butthole so, yeah

Even though it made a bunch of bizarre choices and actions, I think that this was a fine, watchable movie to pass the time, while being slightly entertained

Teen, 13 years old Written byThehappydonutgirl February 5, 2020

Good Enough

The movie was a bit boring but overall pretty good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDancingME February 3, 2020

Great Movie For All Ages!!

This is a great movie for anyone!!! 100% appropriate. Very funny, learning to love animals. A young teen girl gives a teen boy a kiss on the cheek, but nothing harmful about that.Some words like "damn," and "oh my God" . Jokes gas, and a joke "Dolittle" and "doo-doo." A joke about a sedgestive scorpion and his "massive stinger."

I don't know what else to say but that you should definitely watch it!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimroseEverdeen February 2, 2020

Good!!

Great movie, but some things I didn't like were:

1. A man gets burnt and dies from a dragon, which was really unexpected because there was not much violence before (even though they don't show it exactly when it is happening).

2. I don't think most kids would notice this but they make a little innuendo joke about a massive stinger or something.

3. I didn't feel like the main boy was a very big part of the movie, and mostly Doolittle was the main guy. The boy seemed stupid which really bothered me, and he wasn't too memorable (it might have just been me though hehe).

4. The cussing isn't too bad except for some Damns and Oh my god's (and silly words like doo-doo and stuff).

5. One of the reason I watched this movie is because I love animals and insects. But it didn't seem like this movie cared very much about animals, even though the main characters love animals, which this movie is supposed to be about how cool animals I think so it was weird.

6. It gets super weird at the end where Doolittle starts to take all of this stuff out of a dragons butt to make it feel better, and the dragon like farts in his face a bunch and it was so nasty, and I wished they hadn't added it at all.

Anyway, I really liked this movie and I think that you should watch it because it was really good even though there were some parts I didn't like. :D

Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2020

A good example of a movie with great potential, that ends ups dissapointing.

It had it's ups and downs and a lot of potty humor. 3/5 for language is a little exaggerated, and infrequent.
Kid, 8 years old February 1, 2020

fun adventure

This movie is AWESOME! I could watch it over and over again and not get bored. I loved that the animals talked and i liked the funny gorilla. There is a few scary parts but nobody dies. There is a story about somebody dying but it's OK. You should watch this movie if you love animals.

Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2020

Great

I loved this movie. It was great! RDJ was really good in it. Good concept and not inappropriate at all. There is not a lot of violence and most kids will overlook cursing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byNadia Cloud January 27, 2020

Mediocre Robert Downey Junior Film.

Dolittle was boring and confusing. It had a poor plot structure and the story was too predictable. I recommend this for ages 8 and up because some scene can frighten younger children. 4/10 recommend.

Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2020

Was not the best

It was kind of boring and bland I liked some characters like the squirrel and miss rose but other then that this wasn't my favorite movie. Part at end a little iffy when the dragon what guarding the fruit.Seems like they just rushed it just to get money

Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2020

Doolittle review

Parents need to know that doctor Doolittle is a great family show.However there is some violent scenes and scary moments.If your child is afraid of violence or animals this is not the show for you.Great show though and in my opinion is a family classic.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoel_5762 January 17, 2020

Dolittle | Film Review

Dolittle is an extremely fun, family adventure film that everyone can enjoy. Robert Downey Jr nails the role of 'Dr John Dolittle' and his performance is so enjoyable to watch, start to finish. Furthermore, the whole cast does an outstanding job as voice actors, each bringing their own flare to their characters.

Aside from Downey, some personal favourites of mine include: Emma Thompson's Polly, Rami Malek's Chee-Chee, John Cena as Yoshi and Kumail Nanijani as Plimpton, the Osterich. The film includes positive messages of teamwork, treating animals well, learning to accept others help and support during a grieving time, learning to overcome fear and that families can come in all shapes and sizes.

Additionally, there is great role models through Downey's Dolittle, Thompson's Polly, Carmel Laniado's Lady Rose and Harry Collett's Tommy. The humour in the film is childish but did still manage to get plenty of laughs out of me. Just a side note, there is only small to little amounts of violence, no swearing or cursing and overall a kid-friendly film.

On the contrary, the only gripe I have with the film is that I found it often breezes over the finer details but then again, due to this being more of a kids movie, younger audiences wouldn't really care or notice.

In conclusion, Dolittle is a super fun, family adventure ride that all audiences, young and old will be able to enjoy at the cinema.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrock teen January 15, 2020

not as expected

Entertaining for young viewers, not as good as people expected.Robert Downey. Jr does a fine job.not that great just okay.