Parent reviews for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark Poster Image

Horrible

The movie is violent but its like the gremlins just more graphic but not worse then what your kids have already seen. The shoes she wears is converse high tops noticeable from the logo. The movie was not what i expected and don't waste your time the movie honestly sucks. And if you do watch it it won't be that entertaining. But i can only watch it once.

Family Standards

The film is gruesome at the beginning, people's teeth are seen getting cut off with a hammer, people falling from stairs, a woman being thrown into a hole by some rodents. The film is scary in parts, but slow in others. The father is having sex with a woman, and the room is so close to the girl, that the little girl hears them having sex, even do the sex scene is off-screen. I think the message of the film is that we should trust each other during desperate time. KNOW YOUR KIDS before taking them to watch this movie. This is an R-rated film!

Don't Be Afriad Of The Dark

I think this movie is the best slumber party/sleepover movie for kids 12+. it is vary violent tho. not so much blood . theirs not a lot of like pop-out things in the movie but you definitely know whats going to happen . its so far the best 2011 movie !

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I don't understand why so many people disliked this movie. It's not the best movie I've seen this year, not even close. But it's a fun, bedtime horror story. The characters aren't exactly deep and the movie is cliche overall, but it's still worth a rental. I don't think many people know this is a remake of a 1973 movie of the same name. The only reason the movie is rated R is because of a few quick glimpses of violence and blood. Mainly the cringe worthy opening and a shot of a creature getting squished. Give the movie a chance, it's not scary but it's definitely entertaining.

Good little horror flick for tween and up horror fans

I honestly don't see anything in this movie that would make it inappropriate for a 13 year old. Yes, it's pretty scary at times, but that's the point of a horror film, correct? The gore is actually pretty mild for a horror film (even a PG 13 horror film). There is hardly any language... no sex, and no drug use (other than the little girl prescription meds). In my opinion you could feel safe bringing an older tween horror fan to see this movie. When it comes to DVD it will make a great slumber party flick.