Kid reviews for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark Poster Image

Weird but cool

This movie is quite moving and i would say pretty creepy. The opening scene (Spoilers) is a women falling down the stairs and dying. Then a man climbs on top of her and cuts her teeth out. Its very weird and I had to shield my eyes for the opening scene. Being someone who never gets scared, i think this one could scare you. If you are already afraid of the dark don't watch it. Its worth the watch. The scenery is very cool and is very nice. The writer is amazing! However know what your child can handle before watching.

Don't let your child watch this legit.

Like bruh watched this at like 7. Absolutely terrifying like don't get me wrong it's not the scariest thing in the world but for younger children they will be afraid.

Yay!

Its time! Finally a horror movie without swearing, s*x, or drinking! Horror is more appropriate

Good movie

There isn't bad language or sex and there is only one scene that actually has a lot of blood. Most teens 13 and up could handle this movie.

Know your kid

I love this movie! It can be scary, and gory. The only reason it is R is because it is ridiculously gory! But, the stupidness of the people makes it funny.

Extremely creepy effects, and there's some jump scares!

This movie honestly doesn't need to be rated R. I'm dead serious whoever created this film really could have made it PG-13 because there's nothing that a teenage horror fan can't handle. However, it is creepy enough to say that I don't think anyone UNDER 14 should watch this. It's ok for a 13 year old, but I guess it depends on how well someone can tolerate scary stuff. My MPAA Rating: PG-13 For Sequences Of Intense Violence/Terror, Frightening Images, And Some Startling Moments

Iffy for 12+

Not so scary

Good, but not great. Teens and up.

Parents, this new, fun, but sort of dumb, remake of the old 1983 classic gore fest is not as gory or mature as other remakes, but could've used some more scares and sentimental value. Due to disturbing imagery and some gory violence, this movie is best for 14 and up. The violence is the main issue, but very rare. But when this violence occurs, it is quite strong. It includes intense sequences of gory images, including teeth-pulling, head bashing, scary creatures eating children and teeth for their diet, stabbing, slashing, and some gunfire, but most of the movie concentrates on the threat of violence on a little girl. Mild language includes "hell" and one "damnit". In the end, this creature feature remake is better than the original, but still is not okay for kids under 14. Rated PG-13 For Brief Intense Violence, Graphic Gory Images, Some Sequences Of Terror & Some Drug Use.

Fear is Never Just Make Believe

Far less gory and scary than I anticipated. It still has that creepy atmosphere which some might find frightening but I just didn't. There are some images of violence and a little girl is often in peril. Bailee Madison is a decent child actress and Guy Pearce and Katie Holmes were great in the movie. It isn't really anything new. The horror film for a rookie. B.

Too slow and boring but interesting