Kid reviews for Dora and the Lost City of Gold

Quirky, aged-up adventure has positive messages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzevion August 22, 2019

Very funny Nickelodeon movie almost feels like a satire of its own show.

This film uses all of the tropes of the original Dora series to its advantage.
There's a scene where they go into a hand-drawn world.
Boots doesn't talk for most of the film.
They make fun of Dora breaking the forth wall, which in it of itself, is breaking the forth wall.
Swiper is only a henchman to the main villains.
It does all that, while still adding great new characters to the table and an adventure with high steaks.
The story is rather boring, though.
parents should know there's some romance, characters are in danger quite often and everyone hates Dora.

Teen, 13 years old Written byColeyzboy August 20, 2019

For kids and teens/adults

It was an amazing movie,it wasn't for any certain gender or any certain age but it might be a bit unsuitable for anyone under 10,it had alot of violence,things like guns,kidnapping,getting put to sleep and other stuff,it was a little bit scary but not to extreme,the word fricking was used,alot of talk about poop,a cartoon character runs out naked and to scorpions mate (as said in the movie) and Diego tells Dora to not say the world mate.

Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2019

it was good

most nickelodeon movies aren't that good, but some are. this was one of them that was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarmonyGranger August 14, 2019

Surprisingly entertaining!!

At first, I didn't want to watch this. Turns out, it is an extremely good movie. I couldn't rip my eyes off the screen. It does have some parts that would make some kids cringe, like how Diego and Sammy have their awkward bonding moments. But in it they have not only good role modeling, but you also see bullies, and at times Diego is rude, telling his cousin to "be normal" and to stop "being weird". He goes along with what his popular friends say and has no self confidence in the beginning. Not much violence, except people being held at gunpoint. This might frighten younger viewers. But there are many high points in the film, where every character has their moment to shine. There are also some funny parts that will make everyone smile.

Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2019

its OK

its very funny and has action.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydianaarken August 10, 2019

Nostalgia trip, other than that, subpar movie

Dora the Explorer was my childhood, as I had some fond memories watching it as a toddler. When I saw this movie being announced, it seemed like something I'd want to watch. And it was fun in some aspects. Different kinds of jokes and gags pertaining to the original series (such as the song references and fourth wall breaks) were very enjoyable and unique. But other than that, the movie was below subpar. Most of the characters were one dimensional with little to no development, the plot was predictable and bland, and the romance was horrendously shoved in. Basically take away everything Dora related in this movie and you have a badly executed Jumanji try hard. As for age ratings, this movie is a family movie, with barely any curse words, and mild violence/thematic elements. (I do in fact am glad this movie is family friendly, although I expected it to be more edgier since the generation that grew up with Dora would've been mid-late teens and early 20s.) Overall, would recommend for mega fans of Dora, but even if you grew up watching Dora you may be disappointed.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2019

Amazing

I think it is most appropriate for kids my four-year-old brother loved it he said it’s his “best movie” and I strongly recommend it to any kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byAVkid August 10, 2019

What you should know about Dora and the lost city of gold

I think Dora and the lost city of gold was pretty good, but I think it would be better for younger viewer such as 8 through 12 year olds. There was a little bit of violence, a few bad guys holding guns, but no one shoots there gun they just use them to direct people around. Dora and her friends also get chased by the bad guys as well, but no one gets hurt. In language wise there is no bad words just a few rude remarks and teasing. There is a little kissing and trying to impress girls but only twice through put the movie. Over all I think it would absolutely fine for kids over 7 and 8, and for the three star rating I gave it I was just looking at it in my prospective, but I would of given it at least 4 star if I were younger.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDat Movie Guy August 10, 2019

Oh my gosh...

This movie is appropriate for most kids. The problem is only kids will like it. It doesn’t take any risks, it’s VERY predictable, and overall is just boring. The supporting cast is fine but the movie is a CGI mess that nobody should see. The humour falls flat, very bad writing and a very messy tone.
Kid, 9 years old August 10, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieguy27 August 9, 2019

Cool

Dora and the lost city of gold is great for kids who want something adventurous or danger. The movie has a lesson to try to be friend with others and to experience new place