Kid reviews for Dr. Dolittle 2

Animal-vet antics a la Murphy; some potty humor.

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

drama

funny cool

Teen, 13 years old Written bybratser April 26, 2015

Murphy Can't Save This Embarrassing Kid Flick

I managed to get this film for a mere 25 cents, and I can say this, its not even worth that much. The movie starts out with the typical Dad realizes daughter is growing up cliche, because she does not want to spend time with her family, and because she has a boyfriend, now that would be mediocre for an episode of an average television sitcom, but it is not going to cut it for a movie. Meanwhile, Eddie Murphy's character has to get a bear to mate with another bear to save a forest, which at best is mildy amusing, though the disturbing way the animal mouths move could end up scaring young kids. Throughout we see more sitcom stuff, and this is not high quality sitcom stuff, just mediocre sitcom stuff, with Eddie Murphy's character's wife wanting him to spend more time with him, and stuff that is really not meant to be on the big screen. Then the villians come in the picture, there's not much to say, they're just the typically greddy penny pinching ones who don't care about animals, and want to cut down the trees, and stuff, and they barely appear, there is not much worse than this film. There is also a heavy amount of potty humor which just makes it worse. I highly doubt this would amuse anyone over 12, so I recommend this to a parent, not to watch, but to let their young kids watch when they have work to do, and even then there are better films to pick up. As for content, there is little violence, and the language is mild, some hell and damn, and use of ass though there is one suggestive scene, which ends up being the funniest where one character says they are going to die a virgin, though a kid would probably not get the joke, and the romance is tame, even though there are three romantic situations, there is not anything suggestive. Overal, while I have not seen the first movie, I would not reccomend this, and unless you liked the first movie, do not bother, there are much better films to watch with your kids, and better Murphy films to show to a kid, Shrek namely.

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2010

a good family movie

an enjoyable family movie. some very mild language like a*s but a dog barks in the middle of it. the theme of the movie is that they have two get two bears to reproduce. for all ages i dont know why in australia the dvd is rated M(PG-13). i enjoyed watching this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysemen13 April 9, 2008

Funny through the whole movie

Dr. Dolittle (Eddie Murphy) the beloved doctor with the up-Roar-ious critter-communicating talents. This time around Dolittle plays Cupid to a bumbling circus bear to help a group of forest creatures save their habitat. With the aid of his mangy madcap animal friends, Dolittle must teach this overgrown teddy the ways of true romance in time to save his species and his home.I think this movie is a funny movie. This movie is one of the funniest movies out there. So, i recommend you watch it!