Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Dream House

Muddled, weird thriller has disturbing violence.

Based on 1 review

Adult Written bywonder dove July 27, 2013

Really quite good.

I wasn't sure if I'd like this movie, but I finally gave it shot and it was actually pretty good! I admit it turned strange and confusing about half way through, I didn't fully understand the story, but I still liked it and will happily watch it again. It's a psychological type thriller with a twist towards the mid-end. About a man who decides to quit his job so he can spend all the time in the world with his wife and daughters he loves dearly in their new house. After a while, he discovers some disturbing facts about a murder that took place in their dream house and keeps noticing that a mysterious man is always looking at their house, at night. Like a stalker. When he later learns more disturbing news, his life isn't really what it seems after all. I like the storyline and the characters were very genuine. It is also sad. Violence has shootings, murders and discussion of a murder. Two kid sisters become brutally ill and die with gory wounds shown. An explosion and arguing between characters. Sexual content is mild - a married couple kiss and one scene of playfully making out in bed. Language isn't too bad with common words like one "f' word and some uses of sh*t, @sshole, Goddamn...etc. Overall, chilling film with an excellent cast! Good for mature 13 and up.