All teen and kid member reviews for Dumb and Dumber

A couple of laughs.

It was funny but kind of inappropiate. *Unrated version for 14 and up*
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 15, 2010

HYSTERICAL!

I don't know if this movie would be as good without Carrey and Daniels in the starring roles, I guess the prequel answered that question, but I'm glad it did. Alot of the humor was tasteless, but that's what made it! It's a simple journey about 2 stupid but well-meaning guys who just want to open up a bait-shop!
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2012

IO

PG-13 For Sexual Conent, Nudity, Violence, And Language
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan22 August 7, 2011

Funny at parts, but Dumb and Dumber is truly a dumb comedy

Dumb and Dumber is too much trying to be funny. The main characters are usually funny, but not in this film. Sorry, but this is a skip for me.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2011

Funny but inapropriate

I thought it was funny. Though very innapropriate. I may be only 11 but I actually watch a ton of things most parents would say no too. So yeah, innapropriate. A butt is shown, breasts are almost exposed and sex talk. Violence: In one part there is a lot of fighting which include hitting and biting a man's "soft spot" and kung fu and then a man rips out another mans heart. But still pretty funny stuff
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

Some iffy behavior but its The Best!!!

I watched it and it was very funny! But very inappropriate. Language is "a**" "a**hole" "s--t" "bulls--t" "f--k" "shut up" "crap" and "d**n". Plenty of smoking and beer drinking. One character gets drunk, People shoot each other with guns. One guy rips a bird's head off but no blood. A couple shots of peoples butts. some kissing, bad jokes. This is not a little kids movie which is why it is iffy. Messages are bad but Its the best!!
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2010

Um...

There is a few mushy scenes, it's very nasty, and there is some cussing and death. A lady takes off her dress, but on her chest are 2 flashing blinkers. But it's funny. And Jim Carrey.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2009

The greatest movie ever made!

Dumb and dumber is the best movie ever made. Jim carrey is great and so is jeff daniels. Only for children 10 and up and I mean iffy. This movie has many bad, gross-out, and great jokes it's great. A must rent. the best movie ever made.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCaptain_Tripps April 9, 2008

Ultimate Lowbrow/Road Trip Comedy

This is Jim Carrey's funniest film, but many jokes are very crude and inappropriate for younger audiences. I'd say it's good for ages 13 or so and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 22, 2011

Extremely crude and low-brow, but just how the fans like it

Undoubtedly one of Jim Carrey's most notorious, successful and popular comedies ever (only his third big success in movies) made its money and earned fans by being incredibly bizarre and low-brow in it's brand of humor, but that's okay because the fans of Carrey came and they laughed, just like I and everybody else who watches it now today, does. It's just a hilarious movie,period. But, it does get quiet crude and contains some sexual humor and brief nudity which makes it inappropriate for tween's, but make no mistake, this is a very funny movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2011

Jokes

soooooo funny. really good if your n the mood for a laugh
Teen, 13 years old Written byPYEsinc January 25, 2011

Very dumb but hilarious

The language is moderate, but definitely PG-13 level: the worst it gets is "s--t" and "p---y", used about five or six times each. There are also a few uses of innuendo and double entendres such as when Harry is at a ceremony with owls; he says to a woman, "nice hooters you got there", claiming he is referring to her owls. This is some of Jim carrey's best comedy.
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2010

Over-Rated

I think this movie is really over rated. Old jokes, dumb story, and very boring. I wouldn't watch it with anyone under 6 years of age either.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2010

One of the Worst Movies of all time!

I hated it! One of the worst movies of all time!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byiheartwriting July 4, 2016

A bit unruly

This movie will have your sides splitting with laughter at points but this movie is a tad on the rough side. There are many sexual references which aren't appropriate for the younger crowd. It has crude language that is not suitable for most children. There is mild nudity which concerns many viewers with children. I'm not going to say it was a horrid movie because I did have a lot of laughs, but it was inappropriate at many times. I say MATURE 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMorgiman May 16, 2015

Amazing Movie

VERY FUNNY LOVE IT! Some Bad Language And A Bit Rude At Times But Ok For 8+ VERY FUNNY RECOMMENDED
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2015

I Liked It but disappointing a bit

I Liked It But It Is Not As Good As The Second One
Teen, 17 years old Written bymusicforver February 28, 2015

The classic purposely dumb comedy

Dumb & Dumber is a surprisingly good film. It includes the typical immature humor of Jim Carrey, but it works in this movie. Violence: 2/5-Not an issue, just some comical slapstick. Sex: 2/5-Not a big issue, just some innuendos and moderate sex references, and some brief skimpy outfits towards the end. Profanity: 2/5-Not a big issue either, with a few uses of "s--t" being the worst it gets. Drinking, drugs and smoking: 2/5-Not a huge issue, just a few pill popping scenes, but it would probably fly over kids' heads. Overall, Dumb & Dumber is a fun film, especially for young audiences. Let your "tweens" watch it while it's still funny to them, because they won't be laughing at it by high school (most likely). 12+ is fine, and younger audiences would need an adult with them.
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2015

Eh

Dumb and dumber is one of those movies that is funny but the plot sucks. Sex is all over the place, with exposed rear ends and a strip scene. Violence is iffy, with lyod and harry poisoning a man and a few gun scenes as well. Overall this is a funny movie, but parts of it is not so great.