Parent and Kid Reviews on

Dumb and Dumber Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 100 kid reviews

Sort by:

Jesus Christ I watched this when I was nine! How was I not scarred. Some gore puke and swearing so probably not for younger ones

my thoughts...

Just a bunch of low-brow, gross-out comedy.

Awesome

Ok so It is definatally for older people, as it has some very crude houmor and dark jokes, and innapropiate stuff. But, being Jim Carrey, and the other guy in this, makes its sooo funny. Watched this last week.

1 person found this helpful.

“You know, Lloyd, just when I think you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this… and totally redeem yourself!”

Dumb and Dumber is a 1994 slapstick comedy film directed by the Farrelly brothers and starring Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Lauren Holly, Mike Starr, Victoria Rowell, Karen Duffy and Charles Rocket. Language(3/5): The film has 10 uses of “hell”, 5 uses of “damn”, 4 uses of “s**t” and “G**”, 3 uses of “a**”, 2 uses of “a**hole”, “son of a b**ch”, “piss” and “bastard”, and 1 use of “g****mn”, “pu**ies”, “sl*t”, “J*s*s Chr**t”, “d**k”, “G**”, “French” and “fart”. Two deleted scenes have more cursing: one has 4 extra uses of “s**t” and 1 quiet use of “f**k”, and one has 1 use of “G**” and “balls”. A scene in the unrated version has 1 use of “homo”. Numerous fart jokes and other types of crude humor occur throughout. The original film has 43 total curses. Sex, Romance and Nudity(4/5): In the beginning, Harry says to a group of dogs, “'Okay, gang, you know the rules. No humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.'” Lloyd is briefly seen by a p*rnographic magazine dispenser; the magazine images are mostly obscured but we briefly see a magazine with the word “sl*t” in the title. Harry and Lloyd get into a hot tub naked(nothing sensitive is shown, but other people’s reactions make it clear). Lloyd says “'I would do anything to bone Mary.'” Harry and Lloyd’s car is called the “shaggin’ wagon”, both in reference to that the car is decorated like a dog, and as an innuendo. An aggravated man intimidates Lloyd in a bathroom stall, and it’s implied that Lloyd is in danger of being r*ped. Harry’s butt crack is briefly visible. Harry and Lloyd say “r*pist wit” twice but mean to say “rapier wit”. Harry says “'Nice set of hooters you got there.'” to a woman, referring to her owls, however, the woman thinks he’s referring to “hooters” as in the slang word for breasts. Harry builds a snowman with Mary, and he places the eyes and the carrot to appear like male genitals. Lloyd has a day dream where he fantasizes about Mary; he hugs her and lifts up her skirt, briefly revealing her buttocks as he smiles. Mary then takes off her dress(we only see her back and shoulders), and after seeing Lloyd’s reaction, it cuts to a shot where her breasts are completely covered by car headlights, the fantasy is then abruptly cut off. Lloyd practices confessing his love to Mary and says “'I feel like a schoolboy again. A schoolboy who wants to make sweet, sweet love to you.'” Mary comes in the room and Lloyd confesses quickly but gets nervous and trips over his words, saying “'Mary, I desperately want to make love to a schoolboy.'” Harry figuratively asks Lloyd where to put his signature, and Lloyd says “'Right on my a**, right after you kiss it!'” Harry then says “'Kiss it? You kiss mine! Both cheeks, both lips! Right here!'” and he mimics kissing noises and strikes his bottom. In the final scene of the movie, a bus full of women in skimpy bikinis offers Harry and Lloyd the job of oil boys to “'grease them up before tours'”, however, they unintentionally decline. Jokes about urine occur. Couples kiss. Flirting is frequent but not explicit. The unrated version has two differences: During the bathroom scene, Lloyd’s aggressor pulls down his pants to his underwear, which has some pubic hair showing, and during the hot tub scene, this exchange occurs: “'There’s only one thing that could make this moment better.'” “'What’s that?'” “'If you had a nice set of knockers.'” “'That’s two things, Lloyd.'” “'Yeah, well, it’s a good scene you’re not stacked, Harry, or I’d be banging you right now. I’d show you what a real man could do. Split you like an old piece of firewood. You’d probably like it, too, you big homo.'” “'Shut up.'” “'Don’t tell me to shut up, woman.'” Drinking, Drugs and Smoking(3/5): Joe takes prescribed pills throughout, though he often takes several at a time, which concerns other characters. Characters occasionally drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes and cigars. Lloyd urinates into multiple empty beer bottles while Harry is driving, and a cop pulls them over when he sees the bottles. Violence(3/5): Hitmen go into Harry and Lloyd’s house and kill Harry’s pet parakeet by twisting it’s head off offscreen. Harry and Lloyd give all of their possessions away to a blind kid, including the dead parakeet, but they convince him that the bird is still alive. Much later in the film, we see the boy on a news report where he discovered that the bird was dead. A man hocks a loogie onto Harry’s hamburger. Lloyd imitates having his throat slit with ketchup. Lloyd unintentionally keeps aggravating a man, and that man shoves him into a bathroom stall, locks it and intimidates him as Lloyd cowers in fear; it’s implied that Lloyd is about be r*ped, but he escapes by accident. Some vomit jokes occur. Harry and Lloyd prank Mental by putting an obscene amount of peppers and hot food on Mental’s burger, unaware that Mental has a stomach ulcer. Mental starts choking once he eats it, and Harry and Lloyd give him what they believe to be his pills, but it’s really rat poison, which Mental had planned to kill them with. Mental dies from the rat poison, letting out a gross gurgle. Harry accidentally catches his pants on fire, though he manages to put it out. Lloyd accidentally kills an owl when he pops the cork from a wine bottle off at a ridiculous speed; we see the owl get struck by the cork but the owl is obviously fake. Harry gets his tongue stuck to a pole. During Lloyd’s day dream, we see him randomly attack waiters at a fancy restaurant, repeatedly punching one of them in the groin and biting the man’s crotch, and ripping out the heart of one of the waiters and placing the heart in a doggie bag(the scene is gory but obviously fake). Lloyd puts an entire bottle of laxatives in Harry’s coffee, and this causes Harry to spontaneously and violently defecate at Mary’s house; nothing too graphic is shown, but we do see him shaking on the toilet and we hear all of it. Mary then tells him that the toilet is broken, and he tries desperately to flush it. In the unrated version, we see Harry pulling the toilet out of the ground and dumping it out of the window. A hostage situation occurs in the climax of the film. Guns are used. Slapstick violence and gross-out humor are constant. All the violence in the film is comedic. Positive Messages(1/5): There are some messages of friendship that appear behind all the stupid humor. Positive Role Models and Representations(1/5): Harry and Lloyd are kind-hearted individuals (except for giving a dead bird to a blind kid and telling him that it’s alive) who only cause harm because of their stupidity. Harry and Lloyd are also loyal friends. Watching Experience: Nothing of note with my experience regarding mature content. Quality(opinionated): (My rating) Rated PG-13 For crude humor throughout including sexual references and brief nudity, language, some violence, and brief drinking and smoking.

I love this movie

Good for teens

Funny

It's good and funny watched this to see Jim because he's funny but this is not very suitable and quite wieard

it has dark jokes and stupid humor, however lots of 90s kids loved it, all 90s things were weirds, but i think this movie would be for 11 and up.

Comedy is key in funny road trip story.

One of the funniest movies I've ever watched. I find my self watching this about twice a week.

Oh please no...

Good grief. This was just not my cup of tea. Lots of bathroom humor, sex humor, outrageous humor, and stupidity. It lives up to its title, but it wasn't for me. I wouldn't show this to young kids.