Kid reviews for Eight Legged Freaks

Great movie

Its a cool movie i think it is a kid appropiate as long as your over 10

Teen, 16 years old Written byMichael Ryan Metzger October 14, 2015

Eight Legged Freaks

Eight Legged Freaks is a horror/comedy (DON'T LISTEN TO THE MEDIA REVIEW) that is about a barrel of toxic waste getting knocked into a large lake, and turning local spiders in over-sized man eating monsters. The movie has a good sense of humor, but it also contains disturbing content and a few jump-scare sequences that may scare children under ages 12 or 13. The movie isn't exactly gory, but when giant spiders are killed, green blood will ooze from their bodies, leaving a gross mess. And, people will get attacked, as well eaten alive. Spiders will be shot, crushed, ran-over, sawed, stabbed, or blown up. The movie begins with a truck driving down a lonely night road when a bunny crosses in front of the truck. The driver looses control, and barrels filled with toxic waste fly off the truck and into a river. causing water contamination. There is a scene with a man named Joshua who has been feeding his pet spiders crickets that were exposed to poisoned water. This results in the spiders increasing dramatically in size. Joshua is then bitten on the neck by an escaped tarantula. After he is dead, the spiders feast on his body off screen. Also, a giant tarantula tears a hole through a door that is holding survivors barricaded in a mall, and hundreds of spiders begin to pour into the mall. Throughout the film, disturbing (maybe even scary) scenes are displayed, such as a man running out of water from a hose down in the mines. He continues to suck up what ever is left, but small orb weaver spiders crawl into his mouth, and he vomits them back up before being killed by adult spiders. However, humorous scenes are rather frequent. The spiders will cough, sneeze, roar, and often make evil giggles as they chase people. The movie is funny and scary at the same. Adults and teens will enjoy. But, I would not recommend it to young children OR adults who are afraid of spiders.

Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2010
I thought the review to this dvd was the most stupid review I've ever seen. There was mild violence and only one use of strong language,although some kids or adults may find this movie extremely disturbing,because it does have scenes of blood and gore and a lot of darkness in the background. To any viewers who are reading this because your child has asked to watch this movie,I say don't say "no" because it didn't scare me at all. Thx! :D

Teen, 14 years old Written bydrumstick April 8, 2011
When I first saw it I was 10 and I didn't think it was scary or violent. the spiders in it are computer animated so they look fake and it got a bit stupid at times. there is a little bit of romance in it, but no sex or anything. If your scared of spiders don't watch this movie, I'm not scared of spiders so I found this movie fine.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 15, 2011

great

Suggested MPAA Rating (because their's sounds stupid and is inaccurate) PG-13 for gory comic violence, language, and sexuality.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2010

okish movie that is a groosout scarfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched this mvie a couple days ago and i have to say it's really scary.......

Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2017

Dumb movie

I personally think this is a terrible movie. You may have seen the trailer and thought it was a comedy movie, It's not. In fact I don't even know what genre it is. The action is extremely cheesy and I didn't even notice the comedy when there was because it wasn't that funny. Basically this movie is about a bunch of acid that falls on crickets and then the spiders eat them and the spiders are the size of a SUV and start eating everybody. The reason I think this movie is terrible is because it is super cheesy and the plot was dumb. I think this movie is OK for teens thirteen and up because there is some language and a lot of bloody/gory violence.

Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2012

Meh, its ok, not scary and very cheesy.

It was ok, I am absolutely terrified of spiders, so when i saw a channel was playing this movie I thought i should face my fears. I turned it on and then found myself laughing at its cheesieness. The spiders look kind of real except for how they move. It looks almost like a puppet. It does show team work and leave no one behind when they are all in a mall while spiders are attacking, so it does have some positive messages. I thought the review for this was terrible. It didnt scare me and i am absolutely terrified of spiders. I was in tears because of how scared I was when a tiny spider crawled toward me about to bite me. And this movie didnt scare me at all. The review says its scary but it realy isnt.

Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2011

Not scary,and unreal.

My 7 year old brother was they only one who liked it.