Kid reviews for Eighth Grade

Eighth Grade Poster Image

Incredibly Awkward and Cringy movie

I kid you not, this movie had me cringing the entire time. While yes, it's very realistic in regards to the quiet kids, for those who aren't, it's awfully painful to watch because it's super awkward.
1 person found this helpful.

One of the cringest movies I’ve ever seen

As an eighth grades going into ninth grade this is VERY realistic in the way it portrays adolescents. But that can be very cringeworthy and I had my eyes closed for like Half of the movie. Harder for me to watch than Caspar noe’s climax.

Unrelatable

As someone who was in 8th grade two years ago, I can't relate to anything in this movie. At all. First of all, the main character, Kayla is possibly the most cringy character. There's a lot of sex refrences, and just a bunch of cringy moments I can't even relate to. Sooooo yea, can't relate to this movie. At all. It's wayyyy to cringy.

So perfectly relatable

I love love loved this movie it had some heavy themes but was super good none the less, it was also heart wrenchingly realistic and relatable.

Cringeworthy

I had to skip parts becuase it was so cringy and im in eight grade but couldn’t relate to anything in this movie

Amazing movie and very realistic

This movie is absolutely amazing. This might be awkward for both kids and parents to watch together. I think anyone can relate to the main character though.

incredible movie

as an avid fan of bo burnham, i had oddly waited quite a while to watch eighth grade. as a part of an english project i reviewed the movie to cover the subject of growing up and i was blown away. what was seemingly a story of a mundane girls life and journey through her last week of eighth grade, became a tale made my cry more than any other movie had before. please ignore the R rating and watch this movie with your eighth graders, or above and below. as a current tenth grader, this movie stuck out to me in many ways, especially Kayla's relationship with her father. such an important film that i highly recommend becomes a discussion point for families.

What cuties tried to be

This is a perfect movie which helps teach preteens and teens how to set boundaries, prepare for high school, and so much more. I absolutely loved this movie, and even though it was so awkward because my dad and grandma took me to see it, it was something I’m glad I saw. This helps teach things like sexual harassment isn't normal, but also teaches that it’s okay to explore sexuality. I would recommend this to anybody with a middle or Highschool daughter OR SON, because it helped me to understand so much more about self acceptance. Seriously, check this out. If anybody has experienced sexual harassment, be cautious as this may be triggering.

Moving

Very moving. A sad movie and serious. Not inappropriate but mature. Some sexual references but not much. Made me cry!