Parent reviews for Elf Pets: Santa's Reindeer Rescue

Elf Pets: Santa's Reindeer Rescue Poster Image

A tricky commercial for some trademarked stuffed animals…

My daughter came home from kindergarten telling me about some ElfPet story and how if you were REALLY good you’d get one with your elf on the shelf. Well we dont have a little spy elf… I thought I was throwing her a bone by watching this with her and I completely regret it. It is just a loosely (very loosely) veiled commercial for an additional elf on the shelf product. The family literally get the toy, in its actual packaging, opens it and reads the attached book. It was appalling. So of course my daughter looked for her pet on Christmas to see if she was good enough. Yuck yuck yuck. Commercialism at its worst.

Festive Fun for families

Boo to any adult who writes reviews of this movie (which is meant for kids) and doesn't appreciate that at least it has a moral compass (touting virtues of faith and love) and is not mind-numbingly boring like other kid's movies ie: Spongebob and Paw Patrol Christmas. There is not any more consumerism attached to this, than any of those other cartoons. Honestly, my kids loved it! So did my husband and I. So, even though you can probably expect an ask for the product, the idea is full of imagination--getting to help Santa Claus. Plus, when was the last time your kids begged for a book, especially ones that coincide with our family values? We have watched and rewatched. The songs are super cute, too. Of course, they are a little sticky so you'll catch yourself humming one or two long after you have watched. To each their own, but we really liked it.