Parent reviews for Enchanted

Enchanted Poster Image

Too much mature themes for all minors...

Some PG-rated movie with a lot of disgusting scenes... These scenes can easily harm a student's mind. This movie can manipulate people to prioritize romance over their education.

3 people found this helpful.

something the whole family can enjoy

watched it with the kids and grandparents, everyone loved it. Amy Adams is so great. we were afraid that the 4 year old might be bored but while many jokes went over her head, there was enough "Princess-ness" to keep her entertained and it wasn't too young for anyone in the room. good music. many moments where everyone I'm the room broke out in laughter. reminds me of Shrek in the sense that there's something for everyone. it's possible that the very end could be scary if other classic Disney villans are scary to little ones. it wasn't scary for us. One of the characters is a divorce lawyer but I don't think the kids realized what that was.
2 people found this helpful.

A Must See!

This is the review written by my ten year old daughter: You must see Enchanted. The characters are bright and cheerful. The main character, Giselle, is a young lady who is always kind, never angry, and is happy about her life. The theme is fantasy, magical, and funny. I rated it five out of five. For me, I love the changes that happen, and how Giselle stands out in the New York crowd. From my perspective, I would recommend this movie to kids 8 years old or older, because there are scenes that are scary, like an old lady pushing Giselle into a well, and a scene of a scary old witch that gives Giselle a poisoned apple and tries to escape with the poisoned Giselle on her back. Also a scene of Giselle slashing the dragon's tail with her sword; no blood is shown, just a cut , however.

Immodest dress and behavior too much for less than 12+

Very inaccurate in regards to themes. When individuals of the opposite sex are unclothed in same room/scene this should be clearly noted in the review! Please be consistent on the issue of modesty in dress in regards to mature/sexuality issues.

Great Semi-modern Update of Classic Fairy Tales

My 10 year old daughter thought the movie was very funny, sweet, and exiting. She really suggests it because it made her very happy and want to share it with others. There is a scary witch in it and a little bit of kissing but other than that it is one of her favorite movies. She hopes you like it too! : ) There's a scene which models racial insensitivity as the all-to-common microaggression of the white princess approaching and touching a black woman's hair without asking permission. This is the only reason I don't give it 5 stars. They do, however, bend the gender stereotypes in a healthy way. They also seem to find a balance that brings a realism to fairy-tale romance and a sense of hope to the cynic.

Enchated by Soyeet, 11 years old

Enchanted is a movie for kids of all ages. It was fantasy themed and quite romantic. They had a couple of songs and dances but not as much as I expected. The movie started in fairy tale land and then an evil witch transported the main character to Manhattan. Her prince came after her. It was funny watching the two fairytale couples around a normal town with normal people. The main characters are Giselle (a fairy tale princess), the Prince, and a modern couple Nancy and Robert. Giselle meets Robert and they do on get on well together. At a ball the evil witch comes in. She poisons Giselle and then the prince tries to wake her up, it doesn’t work. Nancy and the Prince have been falling in love, and Giselle and Robert have been falling in love, so the Robert kisses Giselle and then she wakes up. But the evil witch takes the Robert and Giselle chases her. All in all it was a good movie and was nice to watch.

Self aware parody is funny and sweet!

The movie isn't meant to be taken too seriously. It has catchy songs and is the last good "Disney Princess" movie. It's way better than garbage like Frozen in my opinion. It's PG so it's not supposed to be 100% kid friendly (the G rating fills that role). There are themes of divorce but alot of kids nowadays have parents that never married in the first place so quit overreacting. And yes, in real life there are actual mothers who abandon their children (I didn't have either parent and was never adopted). It doesn't bother me at all and shouldn't bother anyone else so long as they have a stable relationship. As for the one guy Robert leaving his girlfriend Nancy for Giselle, the movie makes it clear that they weren't exactly compatible and Nancy winds up with the prince whom Giselle was going to marry. They are shown at the end in an animated sequence getting married. It's a good little movie that is meant for older children, teens, and adults. It's filled with references to past Disney movies and has some cleverly written witty humor. Most of the humor is saved for the adults but kids will definitely enjoy the songs. Just a really fun movie that isn't supposed to be taken seriously.

Dramatic Reviewers

Such a cute and fun movie, and it's been one of my favorites since it first came out! Everyone is being very overly dramatic about everything.

Does your kid understand parody?

I love this movie, it's hilarious and heartfelt. And there's nothing overtly bad for young children in it--I wouldn't be upset if my three-year-old saw it at a friends house--however I wouldn't show it to a kid until they were old enough to discuss parody. Little children take everything literally, and won't understand that the over-the-top princess imagery is actually making fun of princesses. In fact, this movie would be a great way to introduce the concept of parody to mid-elementary age kids, since so many other parodies run very adult with their humor.