Kid reviews for Enigma

WWII drama has excellent performances; ok for 15+.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Based on 1 review

Wondering if Enigma is OK for your kids?

Written byAnonymous April 20, 2020

Fairly interesting drama

I quite enjoyed this, it managed to hold my attention. I don't think younger or immature children and teens could handle it, I'd say 13 would be a stretch just based on attention spans. But 15 is a perfect compromise. There is no explicit sex, that I can promise- actually there's really nothing at all besides a few kisses and discussions of affairs (nothing goes into detail). The language is fairly mild, except for about four or five uses of the f word. Its tame on violence- a few explosions towards the end, and the mass grave sequences are not graphic, they're just extremely intense, and the bodies contain no blood. A few characters smoke pipes, and drink. This is a fairly complicated film, but one I did enjoy. Kate Winslet's character was easily my favorite, I would like to add.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 December 1, 2012

gripping, confusing, tense drama will put off tweens, will enthrall computer geeks

this gripping, thrilling, and overall awesome war movie mixes suspense with a complicated storyline, which may be to convaluted for younger tweens. this WWII drama has little in the way of violence. it does include a scene of planes bombing a town and buildings burning in the aftermath. other violent scenes include massive explosions on boats and submarines, bodies piled high in mass graves, and fist-fighting. the REAL reason this film got an R rating was of the 4 F bombs and a scene of sex, which only shows bare backsides. a man is nakes in a scene, but we don't see his lower area.