Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Everybody's Fine

De Niro's dysfunctional family drama is touching but mature.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 21, 2012

Great movie for the whole family!

Nice,warming movie for the WHOLE FAMILY.My parents cried while we watched this movie.
Adult Written byJEDI micah July 2, 2012

You can't judge a movie by its poster!

This is not usually a movie genre that I enjoy. I am more of a sci-fi kind of a guy. But this movie actually touched me! It actually made me want to cry(I'm glad that I didn't)! This movie can help teach fathers to draw more to their children, and also to teach children to tell the truth and show love to their fathers! For being a sci-fi person, I actually recommend this movie to all fathers and their children!

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 3, 2010

Real people, real lives.

This is a movie about a man and his grown children. They have good will toward each other, but also hurts to resolve, and a secret to hide. It's the themes of the movie that are mature, rather than what is actually shown on-screen. Drugs, death, bearing and raising a child outside of marriage, homosexuality, illness, deceit. These are realities that kids are going to become aware of as they grow older. This story about ordinary people living ordinary (not picture-perfect) lives treats the issues without sensationalism, and tells us the truth: Parents can't force their kids into a mold; and kids can't force themselves into their parents' mold. But they can choose to love each other and accept each other in the midst of everything. This one is worth watching.
Adult Written bywonder dove August 21, 2013

Okay for families 14+

Everybody's Fine was a pretty good watch, though a bit dull and depressing. I mainly watched it for the excellent cast but their acting was nothing new. Main actor Robert De Niro was wonderful. In short, it's about a windowed father named Frank who tries to arrange for his 4 grown children to come visit him for Christmas because he's not supposed to travel due to health issues. Every one of his kids cancel the visit so Frank plans to surprise them by showing up unexpectedly to each of their houses, except for one, his son David who he cannot contact or get information about through any of his other kids. They lie about what's really going on in their lives because they fear he will not be proud of them. Continuing to make up excuses for their dad not stay longer than a day he soon feels there's something wrong, something they are hiding. When Frank starts to head home, he has a heart attack on the plane due to losing his much needed medication from an earlier incident where he got mugged. He wakes up in a hospital where his 3 children are waiting so they can tell him the truth about David. Yes it's sad and the whole story feels depressing because Frank is so lonely after losing his wife. Language is strong for a PG-13 rating with several f-words, sh*t, Jesus, [email protected] & hell. Violence is mild but includes a mugging of a man after a good deed has been done, some arguments involving children in a dream sequence, a character dies. Sexual content is mild with a prostitute who approaches Frank but he declines - she jokes about showing off her leg, references to a woman liking women, light flirting. Smoking seen and talked about, reference to a character buying drugs and overdosing. No real good messages here. Okay for families with 14+ kids due to strong language.

Parent Written byMichele824 March 25, 2010
I was so disappointed in this movie. The trailer made it seem to be a light family comedy, but the language was vulgar and it was very depressing, especially when the father learned too late that his children lied to him about another son who died in a Mexican prison after ingesting drugs to avoid being caught with them. There are also veiled references to lesbianism, and one daughter is shown at the end of the movie celebrating Christmas with her dad, siblings, daughter and female partner. All in all, there was nothing redeeming about this movie in my book. I probably won't ever see it again.