All parent member reviews for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Parent Written bycity screen york February 21, 2012

garbage

rubbish. i gave it 1 hour before finally walking out. what an annoying child. tom hanks has done himself no favours with this one. dont waste your money
Adult Written byteacher123 February 17, 2012

A must see if you have lost someone near or dear.

This movie is a great example of how grief can processed and dealt with. Oskar holds many secrets and doesn't share them with the adults in his life. He starts to open up with adults who are not too close to him. This helps him process the loss of his father. It also helps him find wonderful, positive adults with whom he can share his story.
Parent of a 1, 10, 10, 14, and 15 year old Written bycharmsmatuts February 4, 2012

Hey Man at the Front desk at the movie theater. Get me some tissues with that popcorn ok.

This movie is really sad. But still really good. It's violent cause the September 11 attacks killed nearly 3,000 people and more than 6,000 injured. It is not for all ages because it may remind some people about somebody they lost in the September 11 attacks. Which is why its PG-13. But it's message is being silent and prey for anybody they lost who is related to them. It should have came out in september because September of 2011 was the 10th anevursery of all that horror 10 years ago. Cannot believe it was not a dream. But lucky for us. This may not happen to us ever again now that Obama ordered the FBI to Kill our worst enemy, Osama bin laden. It is sad, I feel bad for that kid. ;( But Other than that, It was a really cool movie and I loved it!
Parent Written bymelodious4 January 29, 2012

STAY HOME if you want to see a Tom Hanks film

Unbelievable, impossible to buy into, boring and drags. Besides, you think you're going to a Tom Hanks movie but he's barely in it.
Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written bybethlisa4 January 5, 2012

Great for a mature child

This is a great movie to see with your child if he/she is mature and 10 or older. I think it's a good idea to talk through a few things about 911 beforehand (I had read the book) so nothing is factually confusing. It's pretty cerebral and emotional, so it's not for everyone, but it's a great antidote to the general spate of mindless movies out there. It is definitely one of those movies that you will want to discuss with your child afterwards, because it's pretty deep. But I highly recommend it.